Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 08:25 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times

Advertisements

^^ yeah but its doesn't have a coast feel because its too massive. and manhattan is flanked by the hudson and east river

i'd say san diego or miami

even La or SF don't really have a coast feel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 12:11 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
and the disgusting humidity

San Diego has cars, boats, hot girls, and warm weather too
The humidity is not that bad. You sit out on the balcony with the ocean view and the breeze feels great.

Every city has cars, boats, hot girls, and warm weather. Thank you for pointing that out. But you will not find it to the extent that you will in Miami. Fast cars and yachts are synonymous to Miami and I love that. I also noticed you left nightlife out which definitely a huge +1 for Miami. It is more like a +10.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:30 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,473,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
The humidity is not that bad. You sit out on the balcony with the ocean view and the breeze feels great.

Every city has cars, boats, hot girls, and warm weather. Thank you for pointing that out. But you will not find it to the extent that you will in Miami. Fast cars and yachts are synonymous to Miami and I love that. I also noticed you left nightlife out which definitely a huge +1 for Miami. It is more like a +10.
Love the ocean breeze!!! ()

Old 07-19-2010, 03:30 PM

198 posts, read 653,720 times
The two best beach cities (IMO) are Venice Beach and Santa Cruz
You actually get that "beach feeling" being there.

Im sure the deep south has those places, I'm not sure but places like Galveston, South Padre Island and Chorpus?
Correct me if Im wrong, I am just guessing.

Fort Lauderdale beach and Dania beach were pretty cool, Tampa gave me a big beach feeling also.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 PM

66 posts, read 155,819 times
San Diego

Old 07-22-2010, 12:01 AM

1,780 posts, read 1,759,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
What the hell does that mean?

I do not swim in the ocean either way.

You said San Diego has more hot girls. I said it does not because hot girls are not born in majority to a specific city. Do you really believe the fetuses that are destined to be hot girls are born to specific places because they will be good looking? It is totally random and about equal nationwide. BUT there are cities that attract a big number of hot transplanted girls for the nightlife and party scenes of those cities which is why there is such a presence of beauty in Miami.

I do not surf I have a 60 foot yacht. So I need no waves but I have been on the boat during stormy weather and it is a thrill.
As for the first bold sentence in your post, you were the first one to say Miami had better looking women. Secondly, talk about bragging. All you do is brag about what condo you have or how much money you have. If anything, that is more annoying than anything he said. I think you deserve the punch in the face. All you do is belittle other cities and glorify Miami. I have news for you, NOT EVERYONE LIKES TO CLUB AND GO ON YACHTS. I mean sure there are people who like Miami but if it were up to a popular vote San Diego would shatter MIA. If you don't care what other people think about the city then don't go on these boards boasting about Miami because that is what a forum is for, discussing and expressing opinions. For the record, large skyline doesn't mean better. Miami is just a bunch of highrise condos and ****ty architechture, other than S.B. art deco. San Diego's skyline better compliments the surrounding scenery and is much more photogenic. Plus the downtown area is much more lively and widespread with character, not like MIA where most of the action is centralized in a relatively (< and I emphasize this word) small area around the beach. Sorry to break it to you.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelers247 View Post
As for the first bold sentence in your post, you were the first one to say Miami had better looking women. Secondly, talk about bragging. All you do is brag about what condo you have or how much money you have. If anything, that is more annoying than anything he said. I think you deserve the punch in the face. All you do is belittle other cities and glorify Miami. I have news for you, NOT EVERYONE LIKES TO CLUB AND GO ON YACHTS. I mean sure there are people who like Miami but if it were up to a popular vote San Diego would shatter MIA. If you don't care what other people think about the city then don't go on these boards boasting about Miami because that is what a forum is for, discussing and expressing opinions. For the record, large skyline doesn't mean better. Miami is just a bunch of highrise condos and ****ty architechture, other than S.B. art deco. San Diego's skyline better compliments the surrounding scenery and is much more photogenic. Plus the downtown area is much more lively and widespread with character, not like MIA where most of the action is centralized in a relatively (< and I emphasize this word) small area around the beach. Sorry to break it to you.
Whens the last time you were in Miami?

Old 07-22-2010, 05:54 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,759,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Whens the last time you were in Miami?
Few months ago actually, so don't try to say its changed cuz the architecture is still bland and reminds me of Panama or any other Latin American Coast city.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:23 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
Quote:
Few months ago actually, so don't try to say its changed cuz the architecture is still bland and reminds me of Panama or any other Latin American Coast city.
I was just asking because I'm surprised you haven't seen how much more vibrant downtown is especially the Brickell area. Maybe you caught it at the wrong time. By the way, Miami has some upcoming projects that will definitely favor for the skyscraper fan.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
Quote:
hahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City