Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Diego vs Miami.
San Diego - Americas Finest City 142 60.94%
Miami - Gateway to the Americas 91 39.06%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:38 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,866 times

Advertisements

Del Mar and Rancho Santa Fe?

How about a lineup of Key West, Coral Gables, Star Island, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach.

petterbroklin from petterbroklin - IgoUgo

from splashnews.com

http://nwabikers.com/2008/09/29/key-...motorcyclists/

Key Largo Attractions | Stoneledge Paradise Inn

http://www.floridakeysnews.info/phot...upper-keys.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
^ Awesome pics and videos.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Miami is awesome, but I'd rather live in San Diego. Miami is where I'd go to have fun.
What is wrong with living in a place you go to have fun in? Instead of spending thousands on air fare, hotels, and vacation time off why not live in the paradise? You will get home and the weight will be lifted off your shoulders. Buy a jet ski you can find them for a mere $2k, tie a hammock up, cook on a grill and enjoy the life of the paradise.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:57 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,581,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
What is wrong with living in a place you go to have fun in? Instead of spending thousands on air fare, hotels, and vacation time off why not live in the paradise? You will get home and the weight will be lifted off your shoulders. Buy a jet ski you can find them for a mere $2k, tie a hammock up, cook on a grill and enjoy the life of the paradise.
lol In this economy, I really need to think about that. I just wonder if it wouldn't be as much of paradise if I live there 24/7. At least the cities have nice beaches I can run away to.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:01 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Miami

YouTube - Ace Hood - Ride ft. Trey Songz

Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,762 times
Those pics and videos look nice, but I don't see anything there that you can't get in San Diego.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:03 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
lol In this economy, I really need to think about that. I just wonder if it wouldn't be as much of paradise if I live there 24/7. At least the cities have nice beaches I can run away to.
The first two years in the Recession despite knowing about the information before it got deep into it, I used to say "What recession?".

My mother used to tell me how dumb I would sound, by blindly not accepting it because Texas weathered it quite nicely, you could not tell whatsoever there even was a recession presence.

Normally when I go home to Chicago... or visit my cousin in Bay Area... I see the reality more up close.

Miami, right now is a great time to invest there.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:11 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,581,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
The first two years in the Recession despite knowing about the information before it got deep into it, I used to say "What recession?".

My mother used to tell me how dumb I would sound, by blindly not accepting it because Texas weathered it quite nicely, you could not tell whatsoever there even was a recession presence.

Normally when I go home to Chicago... or visit my cousin in Bay Area... I see the reality more up close.

Miami, right now is a great time to invest there.
I didn't believe there was one at first. When I'd go to Ohio or the Northeast, I was well aware of it, minus a few good cities. I have a feeling going from Texas to Florida might be a bit of a pinch, but supposedly Miami is starting to fill in their condos. I mean, when you think about it, it was sort of the right thing to do. Maybe they shouldn't have built up so fast, but now all those people buying those condos bring more life onto the streets.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:40 PM

447 posts, read 1,564,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
more BS? I used to live in Queens too (Richmond Hill) so don't tell me what is or isn't nice! Miami was the poorest large city well over a decade ago. It would help if you could at least make the effort to update yourself with real statistics instead of relying on your selective memory.
As for San Diego I'm sure it is a very fine city I just have more of a issue with somebody spreading falsehoods about Miami.
I live in the queensbridge housing projects now. dont know if thats considered nice to you. What falsehoods? Miami is the 3rd poorest city in America. Miami is mostly lower class areas including Little Havana.Just becuase an area is safe by your standards that does not make it nice. Try and argue if you want but it wont do any good. The majority of nice areas in Miami-dade county are outside of city-limits. FACT.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:41 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
This thread is getting old. Once again half the people here have never even been to San Diego,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City