Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: most affected by drugs:
Florida 50 57.47%
California 37 42.53%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,661,305 times

Advertisements

Just saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Crack cocaine got started & exploded in south central LA back in the 80”
I thought it started in NYC. Back then (you might be too young to remember) it sort of exploded out of nowhere. It seemed everyone who was slamming became on the pine. It was literally woah, what the ****. It reminded me of FB kinda You heard it mentioned once and twice by some guys in the know then all of a sudden everyone was on it. Crack just decimated neighborhoods so fast, that I know some people to THIS day believe it was a government conspiracy. Now it's gone. I mean you meet people who use crack, but in much smaller amounts than the 80s.

EDIT:

Miami makes the most sense. I dunno why I thought NYC. Maybe because the first guy I knew to introduce it was from NYC and brought it with him:

Quote:
The first crack house had been discovered in Miami in 1982. However, this form of cocaine was not fully appreciated as a major threat because it was primarily being consumed by middle class users who were not associated with cocaine addicts. In fact, crack was initially considered a purely Miami phenomenon until it became a serious problem in New York City, where it first appeared in December 1983. In the New York City area, it was estimated that more than three-fourths of the early crack consumers were white professionals or middle-class youngsters from Long Island, suburban New Jersey, or upper-class Westchester County. However, partly because crack sold for as little as $5 a rock, it ultimately spread to less affluent neighborhoods.
http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/history/1985-1990.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,967 times
Florida.
Every from Waste Palm on down to Miami has legal pain clinics on every block. You pay 300.00 for a fake MRI and then get scripts for oxy's and hydro's. It's some peoples full time job to hit 6 or 7 clinics a week. People drive from all states in the East to take advantage of this. Since they are usually backed by developer money and Floridas own governor is a fan of criminal behavior, they operate with complete impunity. And, dont forget the square Groupers. also . . .

Old 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,935,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Just saw this:

I thought it started in NYC. Back then (you might be too young to remember) it sort of exploded out of nowhere. It seemed everyone who was slamming became on the pine. It was literally woah, what the ****. It reminded me of FB kinda You heard it mentioned once and twice by some guys in the know then all of a sudden everyone was on it. Crack just decimated neighborhoods so fast, that I know some people to THIS day believe it was a government conspiracy. Now it's gone. I mean you meet people who use crack, but in much smaller amounts than the 80s.

EDIT:

Miami makes the most sense. I dunno why I thought NYC. Maybe because the first guy I knew to introduce it was from NYC and brought it with him:

DEA History Book, 1985 - 1990
It's alsmost urban legend and a huge debate on which American city came up/introduced crack cocaine to the world 1st. I also heard on a Crack Cocaine documentray that Crack was 1st discovered and created in Los Angeles. LA-Drug Kingpin Freeway Ricky Ross(That's where Miami rapper Rick Ross got his name from) was one of the 1st MAJOR Crack dealers in the US. He made OODLES AND OODLES of money.

But what I didn't know, is what Kobe informed us on. I didn't know Freeway Rick supplied Crack to Rayful Edmond(DC kingpin), who supplied to Alpo(Harlem Kingpin). I've heard of all these drug kingpins, but I didn't know they networked together. If that's the case, than I guess most of the Crack Cocaine flow in the US and in particular on the East Coast(DC to NYC) came from Los Angeles.

Then I suppose once crack hit Miami, a plethora of crack in NYC and DC came from Miami. I think Miami might've been the 2nd place in the US after LA to have crack dealers and crack cocain available for sale and consumption on a MAJOR level. Because if Crack was introduced on a major level in 85 to the rest of the US, and the 1st crackhouse in the US was discovered in Miami in 82', than I guess Miami was 2nd to LA who was 1st. The link on the last page that someone posted said the 1st people discovered smoking rock cocaine, were folks living in the Nickerson Garden Projects in LA in 1978.

Last edited by polo89; 08-30-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-30-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Florida.
Every from Waste Palm on down to Miami has legal pain clinics on every block. You pay 300.00 for a fake MRI and then get scripts for oxy's and hydro's. It's some peoples full time job to hit 6 or 7 clinics a week. People drive from all states in the East to take advantage of this. Since they are usually backed by developer money and Floridas own governor is a fan of criminal behavior, they operate with complete impunity. And, dont forget the square Groupers. also . . .
Yes, Flordia is running the Pharmacutecal game. Pill Mills are HUGE in South Florida. You have Dr.'s supplying street level dealers in the ghetto, and it's a huge network of dealers. It's out if control in Florida.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 AM

Florida is also the Grow House capitol of the US. The grow houses in Florida are mostly run by recent Cuban refugees who've arrived in the past 5yrs. The refugees dominate the Marijuana trade because their punishments are small in comparison to long-time naturalized citizens. Because Cuba is a communist country, SoFla has had laws that catered to the Cuban Community and their US citizen status.

Cuban pot rings: Cops call them 'organized crime at its best' - Orlando Sentinel

"Cuban refugees are dominating arrests in Florida's indoor-marijuana trade in what investigators call a nearly punishment-free crime.
Born decades after Fidel Castro took power, groups of young Cubans are turning to the lucrative business of raising ultrapotent pot worth up to $4,500 a pound without fear of deportation or lengthy prison sentences. Probation is a common sentence for anyone convicted in state court of running a grow house, drug agents say. And, unlike with other foreign-born felons, U.S. policy prevents the deportation of Cubans."

"South Florida groups identified by law enforcement as Cuban Drug Trafficking Organizations now control hundreds of grow houses that have sprung up from Miami to Atlanta since 2005, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, court records and interviews by the Orlando Sentinel with local and federal drug agents."

"South Florida High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area supervisors estimated that Cubans who arrived in the U.S. within the past five years represent 85 percent to 90 percent of the suspects arrested in Florida on grow-house-related charges. They based their estimate on arrests in South Florida -- the center of the trade -- and two statewide busts in 2008 and 2009 known as "D-Day" and "Eagle Claw."

Old 08-30-2012, 01:04 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,986,110 times
Where is Arizona & Texas?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:30 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,661,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
It's alsmost urban legend and a huge debate on which American city came up/introduced crack cocaine to the world 1st. I also heard on a Crack Cocaine documentray that Crack was 1st discovered and created in Los Angeles. LA-Drug Kingpin Freeway Ricky Ross(That's where Miami rapper Rick Ross got his name from) was one of the 1st MAJOR Crack dealers in the US. He made OODLES AND OODLES of money.

But what I didn't know, is what Kobe informed us on. I didn't know Freeway Rick supplied Crack to Rayful Edmond(DC kingpin), who supplied to Alpo(Harlem Kingpin). I've heard of all these drug kingpins, but I didn't know they networked together. If that's the case, than I guess most of the Crack Cocaine flow in the US and in particular on the East Coast(DC to NYC) came from Los Angeles.

Then I suppose once crack hit Miami, a plethora of crack in NYC and DC came from Miami. I think Miami might've been the 2nd place in the US after LA to have crack dealers and crack cocain available for sale and consumption on a MAJOR level. Because if Crack was introduced on a major level in 85 to the rest of the US, and the 1st crackhouse in the US was discovered in Miami in 82', than I guess Miami was 2nd to LA who was 1st. The link on the last page that someone posted said the 1st people discovered smoking rock cocaine, were folks living in the Nickerson Garden Projects in LA in 1978.
That's surprising. I remember ricky ross growing up as a sort of legend/robin hood/entrepreneur. But he was only on the map in the mid/late 80s. So I dunno about that but I'd imagine people were free basing for quite a bit before, but how to come up with that nifty profitable rock is what changed everything. I imagine that started in Colombia, spread to the Caribbean, then Miami. Then maybe LA or NYC around the same time. Maybe it was accidentally discovered in several places around the same time which definitely makes it look like a conspiracy.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:35 PM

73 posts, read 148,643 times
California

Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM

3 posts, read 13,935 times
The cocaine that comes through Florida is more pure because of it coming from over seas. Cali coke is a big mission through sout and central america a and mexico , by the time it hits the US its been cut or stomp on so many times because it's all about that mean green that money. Florida it's from A-C but higher risks though vs. Cali it from A-E with minor risks.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:34 PM

84 posts, read 146,993 times
I think the torch was passed from Florida to California since the turn of the century. However Florida is a close second and due to the pressure in Mexico the cartels are dusting off thier old smuggling routes through the Carribean. This will definitely have an effect on Florida in the next few years.

Caribbean struggles to stem resurgent tide of drug trafficking - FT.com

"After a relatively calm two decades, during which Mexico emerged as the dominant smuggling point for trafficking drugs into the US, local and international officials say the Caribbean is once again becoming an important transit route, as cartels take advantage of the region’s economic problems. Criminals are reactivating old operations in the archipelago or beefing up existing ones in places such as the Dominican Republic.
The US Drugs Enforcement Administration estimates that 14 per cent of all cocaine smuggled into the US in the first half of the year came via the Caribbean – twice the rate of 2012. “It’s acute when you consider that the overall flow [into the US] is down,” says Vito Guarino, DEA special agent in charge of Caribbean operations."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City