Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city?
New Orleans 39 27.46%
Atlanta 33 23.24%
Baltimore 1 0.70%
Los Angeles 3 2.11%
Birmingham 5 3.52%
Houston 10 7.04%
St. Louis 1 0.70%
Jackson 2 1.41%
Oakland 0 0%
Dallas 4 2.82%
Miami 0 0%
Jacksonville 0 0%
Washington D.C. 2 1.41%
Memphis 11 7.75%
Nashville 3 2.11%
Philadelphia 2 1.41%
Pittsburgh 0 0%
Cincinnatti 0 0%
Cleveland 1 0.70%
Chicago 8 5.63%
Detroit 2 1.41%
Louisville 0 0%
Little Rock 4 2.82%
Kansas City 1 0.70%
Richmond 2 1.41%
NYC 4 2.82%
Milwaukee 1 0.70%
Indy 1 0.70%
Boston 2 1.41%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:19 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Hey, that's the Manhattan effect. Can't tell us ****!
Yeah, well it's not as endearing as it is annoying. And it's part of what keeps New Orleanians from being seen as sophisticated.

And I'm sorry to inform you, but it's also not so much Manhattan as it is The Bronx. Manhattanites are better traveled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
1. I said South Louisianans in general. Not just New Orleans
2. I never said ALL of you think that. I said "more often than not".
3. I'm hardly your typical outsider that still thinks New Orleans is a "Cajun". I grew up just a few hundred miles away, and part of my family has roots in the city. I know it well.

No one can tell me that there's no basis in what I'm saying, when I have NO cousins who will claim something is inedible until jalapeno sauce or Tabasco is squirted all over it.
Do these cousins eat fast food often? Not everyone from Louisiana is a candidate to form such opinions on our culinary culture.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah, well it's not as endearing as it is annoying. And it's part of what keeps New Orleanians from being seen as sophisticated.

And I'm sorry to inform you, but it's also not so much Manhattan as it is The Bronx. Manhattanites are better traveled.
I typed all that for nothing..?

Old 11-03-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Do these cousins eat fast food often? Not everyone from Louisiana is a candidate to form such opinions on our culinary culture.
No more often than the average local does. They appreciate Rally's as much as the next man in town.

They're born and raised in the city, so they're as valid a candidate as any.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I typed all that for nothing..?
No. I read all of it.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
No more often than the average local does. They appreciate Rally's as much as the next man in town.

They're born and raised in the city, so they're as valid a candidate as any.
No. Anyone who douses food in Tabasco is not a valid cadidate. You and I are, Jimmy from Fresno who likes Kraft BBQ sauce on his hot dog and calls it great Texas BBQ is not a good candidate.

Average locals in New Orleans don't eat fast food hardly at all. There's only a few national fast food places in the city. Most people would stop at a po-boy shop, get a bowl of jambalaya (not really popular in NO anyway), or some other small locally owned store. New Orleanians hate chain fast food and I avoid it like the plague.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:37 PM

612 posts, read 843,495 times
Quote:
Most outside of the south with the exception of New Orleans (barely).
I should've been more specific, which Southern cities are the least pork influenced? I know the Lone Star is beef influenced () for starters...

Old 11-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
No. Anyone who douses food in Tabasco is not a valid cadidate. You and I are, Jimmy from Fresno who likes Kraft BBQ sauce on his hot dog and calls it great Texas BBQ is not a good candidate.
My cousins are from New Orleans. You aren't. Remember that. That's like a Dallasite telling me how an authentic Houstonian eats.

What I meant is that they douse hot sauces on things that aren't spicy. Like our typical, southern mac and cheese or cabbage.

Quote:
Average locals in New Orleans don't eat fast food hardly at all. There's only a few national fast food places in the city. Most people would stop at a po-boy shop, get a bowl of jambalaya (not really popular in NO anyway), or some other small locally owned store. New Orleanians hate chain fast food and I avoid it like the plague.
Lies from the pits of hell. Fast food definitely gets patronized by the locals. It wouldn't exist there if that weren't the case. Like any sensible person, of course they prefer home-cooked food or mom-and-pop places, but to claim that fast food is hated and avoided by New Orleanians is false.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
My cousins are from New Orleans. You aren't. Remember that. That's like a Dallasite telling me how an authentic Houstonian eats.

What I meant is that they douse hot sauces on things that aren't spicy. Like our typical, southern mac and cheese or cabbage.

Lies from the pits of hell. Fast food definitely gets patronized by the locals. It wouldn't exist there if that weren't the case. Like any sensible person, of course they prefer home-cooked food or mom-and-pop places, but to claim that fast food is hated and avoided by New Orleanians is false.
My cousins are from New Orleans and I'm from Louisiana. You are from Texas. Remember that. I've been in New Orleans far more than you, I know far more than you, and I have history in New Orleans. Remember that.

Your cousins pour that crap on their food and probably will stop at Burger King in a hurry, that's not a typical Orleanian. But ok ok, your cousins like Quarter Pounders with hot sauce...

Old 11-03-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
My cousins are from New Orleans and I'm from Louisiana. You are from Texas. Remember that. I've been in New Orleans far more than you, I know far more than you, and I have history in New Orleans. Remember that.

Your cousins pour that crap on their food and probably will stop at Burger King in a hurry, that's not a typical Orleanian. But ok ok, your cousins like Quarter Pounders with hot sauce...
Lol why you mad, bruh?

I wasn't trying to offend you, but it is pretty arrogant for you try and speak for New Orleans, when you're from Baton Rouge. All I did was share my experiences and what I personally know to be true. The only difference between you and I is that you grew up a few hours closer. There's no way for you to know how many times I've been there myself or what type of history I may or may not have with the city. Don't get it twisted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City