Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

If people are saying Burlington, then Plattsburgh NY should also be up there.

If you want something smaller, maybe the Tri Lakes area of NY in the Adirondacks might work(Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake and Lake Placid).

To some Ithaca NY is actually kind of isolated, as there isn't an interstate near the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 12:57 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,547 times
Ithaca is great so is Geneva. I don't think I could do Geneva because of lack of any nightlife. Ithaca would be cool but I think its pretty expensive and very hard to find work. Pretty much have to get a job at either Ithaca College or Cornell.

Is there any nightlife in Plattsburgh? Bars open till 2am and at least one or two dance clubs?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:00 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Ithaca is great so is Geneva. I don't think I could do Geneva because of lack of any nightlife. Ithaca would be cool but I think its pretty expensive and very hard to find work. Pretty much have to get a job at either Ithaca College or Cornell.

Is there any nightlife in Plattsburgh? Bars open till 2am and at least one or two dance clubs?
I went to college in Plattsburgh. There is nightlife and a couple of nightclubs. In the warmer months there are bars that open up right on the water which is nice. Very cheap to go out in Plattsburgh, but is pretty much college oriented with a few exceptions.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:05 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post

I believe so, as it did have an active Air Force Base for a long time. It has it's own beach, which is free for city residents, I believe too. This might give an indication of some nightlife: Peabody's Bar - Plattsburgh, NY

Tabu Nightclub Nightclub in Plattsburgh, NY - Clubplanet.com

Nightlife Plattsburgh

Old 07-29-2010, 01:10 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I believe so, as it did have an active Air Force Base for a long time. It has it's own beach, which is free for city residents, I believe too. This might give an indication of some nightlife: Peabody's Bar - Plattsburgh, NY

Tabu Nightclub Nightclub in Plattsburgh, NY - Clubplanet.com

Nightlife Plattsburgh
yea, the beach is free as long as you show them a drivers license showing you live in the city.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:40 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
I will also support my hometown of Burlington, VT; it's fairly expensive, but very scenic, the home of UVM, and about 1.5 hrs from Montreal..

I will also mention Bangor ME, the home of Stephen King, and also within 10 miles of the University of Maine; it's about 2 hrs from Portland, and 4 hrs from Boston; a tree-lined city with gracious older homes ( some belonging to lumbar barons), and bordering the Penobscot River....

Old 07-29-2010, 03:34 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Juneau, AK

Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Driving into Sedona is like driving into a completely different world. Despite the fact that the red rocks and formations are amazing, the town is clean-looking (I love all of the roundabouts), nice resorts, nice restaurants, nice architecture (homes, businesses, Chapel of the Holy Cross, etc...), plenty of new-age stores and psychics, antique shops, beautiful bridges, beautiful drive to Oak Creek Canyon...

I love Sedona.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:48 PM

614 posts, read 1,764,938 times
Awesome a lot of Arizona Towns have been suggested. A town i really like is Summerhaven, Az. Small little ski town in Arizona. Even though a fire devasted much of the area its still beautiful country. And is only 45 minutes away from Tucson. Here are some sweet pics of the ski resort near bye.

http://www.skithelemmon.com/

Old 08-22-2010, 08:09 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
Asheville isn't isolated, i can be there in a couple of hours, as can a lot of the Southeast. Or maybe we don't count because we're southerners?

I was puzzling this out until someone said Key west. It's great, it's a small city, & definitely isolated. And the OP wants bars?? They got bars...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City