Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowtownCO View Post
All you did was list the 15 or so largest cities in America.
great observation skills...

Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 PM

36 posts, read 93,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideMKE View Post
I've never met a hunter from CO in my life.
Colorado has one of the highest gun-ownership rates and, yes, a whole lot of hunters. It sounds like your experience with Denver is atypical, because it's not at all what you suggest.

For what it's worth, I've only known one person from Milwaukee, and he was a PhD student in Philosophy, drove a foreign sedan, loved wine, and knew so little about cars it was a small miracle that he could drive them.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:39 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,870,451 times
So most "metrosexual"? Uh, it's gotta be a Miami, LA or San Fran of the world......somewhere where fashion is king and looks are overly important. I know, some of you think this can apply anywhere, but in my experience at least LA and SF are more concerned with fashion or looks than say, Detroit or Phoenix.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM

244 posts, read 567,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
NYC is probably one of the most homophobic cities with the exception of transplants and Manhattan.
No it's not.

This topic has nothing to do with homosexuality but this video is embarrassing and not representative of the city. Five low-class hooligans babbling is not representative of the 8.4M people who reside in NYC

We could find similar youtube videos of people spewing homophobia in San Francisco, LA or Miami...even Portland.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM

705 posts, read 1,660,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
What are the cities in which males have the most feminine qualities. I have noticed this trend among the U.S. male population.

Rank them in order from most to least.

New York
Los Angeles
Chicago
Houston
Phoenix
Philadelphia
San Antonio
Dallas
San Diego
San Francisco
Denver
Portland
Seattle
Milwaukee
DC
Boston
Atlanta
Miami
Is this a bid to find your new home?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,070,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
No it's not.

This topic has nothing to do with homosexuality but this video is embarrassing and not representative of the city. Five low-class hooligans babbling is not representative of the 8.4M people who reside in NYC

We could find similar youtube videos of people spewing homophobia in San Francisco, LA or Miami...even Portland.
First of all, there are way more than 5 people participating in that video. But having said that, I don't even think the 2 kids the crowd was making fun of were really gay. They looked like a couple of emos to me.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:54 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calisnuffy View Post
Is this a bid to find your new home?
No it is not. Just looking at social trends, or rather blurring of some gender traits going on in the U.S. I'm sure many have noticed, particularly in the last 10 years.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
No it's not.

Well it seems to representative of Yankees fans as there are multiple videos of them singing this song to RED SOX fans, so I don't think the people getting mocked are even gay.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
That "manliest cities" study put Portland, Oregon at the bottom. Although it's majority female in population so that could be a factor. Of cities that are majority male San Francisco looks the lowest in their "manly" list.

//www.city-data.com/city/San-Fr...alifornia.html
Mars.com -Charlotte Takes Over As

Sarasota, Florida has a relatively high percentage of men who work as registered nurses, a relatively high percentage in personal appearance work, and finally a relatively high percent of men as childcare workers. I think you could have a manly man in those occupations, but those occupations are traditionally seen as more feminine.

//www.city-data.com/top2/c162.html
//www.city-data.com/top2/c122.html
//www.city-data.com/top2/c166.html

Galveston, Texas of all places seems near the top for men working in "sewing, needlework, and piece goods."

//www.city-data.com/top2/c650.html

Tyler, Texas and Miami, Florida are big places for male florists.

//www.city-data.com/top2/c658.html

Last edited by Thomas R.; 07-30-2010 at 09:34 PM..

Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
That "manliest cities" study put Portland, Oregon at the bottom. Although it's majority female in population so that could be a factor. Of cities that are majority male San Francisco looks the lowest in their "manly" list.

//www.city-data.com/city/San-Fr...alifornia.html
Mars.com -Charlotte Takes Over As

Sarasota, Florida has a relatively high percentage of men who work as registered nurses, a relatively high percentage in personal appearance work, and finally a relatively high percent of men as childcare workers. I think you could have a manly man in those occupations, but those occupations are traditionally seen as more feminine.

//www.city-data.com/top2/c162.html
//www.city-data.com/top2/c122.html
//www.city-data.com/top2/c166.html

Galveston, Texas of all places seems near the top for men working in "sewing, needlework, and piece goods."

//www.city-data.com/top2/c650.html

Tyler, Texas and Miami, Florida are big places for male florists.

//www.city-data.com/top2/c658.html
Thanks for all the links. Honestly, I think the question of what city has the most feminine men is almost impossible to determine. Just like it is impossible to determine what city has manly women. Could anyone guess what city has lots of masculine women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City