Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:28 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
* High abundance of organic granola consumed. What man would eat this?
* High abundance of tofu consumed
* High number of vegetarians
* Lack of sports culture
* Low number of sports bars
* Feminine wardrobe habits
* High number of men participating in yoga
* Hippie culture is feminine
Sounds like much of Manhattan.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:32 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I suppose the man I saw in Santa Monica who was wearing a woman's pink sequined g-string bikini is an example of masculinity,
Never saw that guy. I'm sure I'd remember; you don't see stuff like that every day...

Quote:
or the effeminate beat nicks in Seattle seen kicking the hacky sack instead of getting a job is a sign of masculinity.
Did you go up and ask them if they have jobs?

Quote:
Better yet, how about the effeminate white males in the Seattle and San Diego areas who can't seem to handle a female of their own race, so they take to settling down with Asian females who have the bodies of adolescents. How manly.
Yeah, yeah, we all know that you think interracial dating and marriage is the devil. I've dated women of basically every race. You should be proud of me and my romantic imperialism I won't even stoop to directly insulting you on this.

Quote:
Oh, let's not forget about the utopian idealism of the west coast that is downright childish and hopeful, a very non-masculine trait.
Like the idealism of teabaggers who want to eradicate all taxes, government, and oversight, and think that it'll make America a stronger and better nation?

Quote:
You're likely a youth, so I put little weight in your comments.
27, which I hope to god is older than you are. I have a bad feeling it's not.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:36 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sounds like much of Manhattan.
Yeah, there was a thread on here where guys from New York were bragging about how much more fashionable NYC was than SF or LA. Sure, fabulous, maaaarvelous, whatever makes you happy...

Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,911,349 times
Quote:
I suppose the man I saw in Santa Monica who was wearing a woman's pink sequined g-string bikini is an example of masculinity, or the effeminate beat nicks in Seattle seen kicking the hacky sack instead of getting a job is a sign of masculinity. Better yet, how about the effeminate white males in the Seattle and San Diego areas who can't seem to handle a female of their own race, so they take to settling down with Asian females who have the bodies of adolescents. How manly.

Oh, let's not forget about the utopian idealism of the west coast that is downright childish and hopeful, a very non-masculine trait.

You're likely a youth, so I put little weight in your comments.
How about the ,men wearing high heels and dresses I saw walking in Downtown Atlanta? Real manly.

Or the rednecks in rural Tennessee who sit outside their house along the highway drinking beer with a shotgun in hand waiting for the impending race war and beat their wives later that night? Real manly.

Better yet, how about the effeminate white males from the Deep South who **** their pants and cry when they get locked up in jail in the big bad city of Chicago? Real manly of them.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:40 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,468 times
Quote:
I suppose the man I saw in Santa Monica who was wearing a woman's pink sequined g-string bikini is an example of masculinity
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me one bit. This type of stuff can be seen in California, Seattle and Portland on a regular basis.

Quote:
or the effeminate beat nicks in Seattle seen kicking the hacky sack instead of getting a job is a sign of masculinity.
I believe you are speaking of hippies here, which are all over California, Seattle and Portland on a regular basis. The hippie spirit lives on in all three locations and hippies are very feminine to me. Honestly, there isn't much of a difference between the three locations for personality and culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City