Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 04:44 PM

4,363 posts, read 4,561,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
yeah, and that Texas Triangle has 3 of the top ten biggest cities in the US. It has a hell of an economy, two of the top busiest airports in the Country and 4 of the top 50 biggest (IAH, DFW, Hobby and LOVE). I would like to see anything around St Louis try to match that
Well, a 60,000 square mile imaginary line could also be drawn around Boston, New York, Philly, Baltimore and Washington that would blow your Texas Triangle right out of the water! You see, it all depends on where you draw the line. And that's the point: the state of Texas is one huge area, so it follows that it should have a lot. What's so earth-shattering about that??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 04:55 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greatcity View Post
Well, a 60,000 square mile imaginary line could also be drawn around Boston, New York, Philly, Baltimore and Washington that would blow your Texas Triangle right out of the water! You see, it all depends on where you draw the line. And that's the point: the state of Texas is one huge area, so it follows that it should have a lot. What's so earth-shattering about that??
Because you are trying to pinpoint that Texas has the large cities, the clout, and the gdp because of size of the state when in reality, about 3/4 of the 24 million people that live in the state reside in and around the triangle of DFW, Houston, SA.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:30 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greatcity View Post
don't be daft. Alaska, Montana, Wyoming are all large states, but do they have huge cities with huge economies? no.
There goes your ridiculous point, out the window.

Those cities you mentioned are all twice as old as Houston, Dallas, Phoenix and most other sunbelt cities, so your draw a line nonsense doesn't prove much

Old 08-19-2010, 08:17 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
you at least you typically make more sense than him
and CHIATLDAL originally offered them up as such
No I didn't, I kept saying "urban" 'walkable" and etc. In fact I said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
you said the Philly life style I take it you mean urban dosen't exist, when it do that was a overly Generalization.
You should had said something if that's not what you meant.... that why I said it. But then later, I said..
Quote:
So it not Urban development your talking about but rather east coast grit.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Because you are trying to pinpoint that Texas has the large cities, the clout, and the gdp because of size of the state when in reality, about 3/4 of the 24 million people that live in the state reside in and around the triangle of DFW, Houston, SA.

Yes you are right it is the most important area in the country and no area could even venture to compete CD solved, thank you

Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
No I didn't, I kept saying "urban" 'walkable" and etc. In fact I said...

You should had said something if that's not what you meant.... that why I said it. But then later, I said..

And yes the life style in the neighborhoods discussed in Philly do not in fact exist in Houston or Atlanta

Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
don't be daft. Alaska, Montana, Wyoming are all large states, but do they have huge cities with huge economies? no.
There goes your ridiculous point, out the window.

Those cities you mentioned are all twice as old as Houston, Dallas, Phoenix and most other sunbelt cities, so your draw a line nonsense doesn't prove much

It is a completely fair comment he made, you are being daft

Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
And yes the life style in the neighborhoods discussed in Philly do not in fact exist in Houston or Atlanta
And visa versa

Old 08-19-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
And visa versa

Yes no Buckhead, already established

Old 08-19-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Yes no Buckhead, already established
???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City