Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:26 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
Youre joking, right?(That Miami vice picture you showed me).

Well based on that post you make it Miami seem lame and proved that it has lots of crime and corruption problems.
Miami vice is cool, you either must be a girl or gay if you think its a problem and shows "crime issues". Seriously? no one is talking about crime, crime has nothing to do with how cool a city is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:57 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
Youre joking, right?(That Miami vice picture you showed me).

Well based on that post you make it Miami seem lame and proved that it has lots of crime and corruption problems.
I think you're taking it a little too technical. Saying a city is full of crime and corruption because of an 80's sitcom? Lol. Whats lame about Miami Vice though? You probably just have a different view of whats cool and whats not than I do. You probably think drinking coffee at the local shop in Seattle with all the hipsters is cool. I think flashy cars like Ferrari's and Lambo's rolling down the street and hot chicks rollerblading down the sidewalks in bikini's is cool.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 PM

17 posts, read 48,414 times
Orlando and Las Vegas are now cool?

LOL.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Why does everyone bash Orlando?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:11 AM

2,330 posts, read 3,810,480 times
The problem is that different people have different ideas of what is cool. If people who aren't cool make a list of the metros that they think are cool you will have a flawed list.

Most Americans don't know cool when they see it, that is why Las Vegas is popular.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:03 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
The problem is that different people have different ideas of what is cool. If people who aren't cool make a list of the metros that they think are cool you will have a flawed list.

Most Americans don't know cool when they see it, that is why Las Vegas is popular.
Weird that people from all over the world go there then.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:50 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
Why does everyone bash Orlando?
Ignorance, jealousy, and fear that if "Orlando" were considered cool, the world would come to an end. Instead of realizing that Orlando has evolved into a metro of 2.1 million people, has a vibrant downtown, good nightlife, lots to do (more than most cities), wakeboarding year round, proximity to the beach, one of the largest universities in the country, lakes everywhere, great suburbs, wonderful quality of life, and so much more.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:02 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Ignorance, jealousy, and fear that if "Orlando" were considered cool, the world would come to an end. Instead of realizing that Orlando has evolved into a metro of 2.1 million people, has a vibrant downtown, good nightlife, lots to do (more than most cities), wakeboarding year round, proximity to the beach, one of the largest universities in the country, lakes everywhere, great suburbs, wonderful quality of life, and so much more.

Agree there is more to Orlando than a big Mouse, there is Pluto and Donald etc jk

Orlando has gotten a lot better in the last 15 years

top 10 area no, but def one of the top 30 areas or so

Old 08-09-2010, 09:39 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Agree there is more to Orlando than a big Mouse, there is Pluto and Donald etc jk

Orlando has gotten a lot better in the last 15 years

top 10 area no, but def one of the top 30 areas or so
You forgot Harry Potter lol. I would actually rank it in the top 10. I mean come on, there is no other place that more people come to for a good time and great vacation. Add a really nice, tourist free, mid-sized metro, and you have one great place where you have the ability to do it all. I respectfully challenge you to give me a list of 10 metros with more to do.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:07 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
You forgot Harry Potter lol. I would actually rank it in the top 10. I mean come on, there is no other place that more people come to for a good time and great vacation. Add a really nice, tourist free, mid-sized metro, and you have one great place where you have the ability to do it all. I respectfully challenge you to give me a list of 10 metros with more to do.
I agree from what I've heard about Orlando. People like to bash Los Angeles and to a lesser extent San Diego. Both these places are also great vacation spots with tons to do museums, shops, theme parks, beaches etc. I find it absolutely absurd when people say "I was bored there" and it comes from people who live in the midwest lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City