Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?????????
New York City 5 19.23%
Los Angeles 3 11.54%
Miami 5 19.23%
Houston 4 15.38%
San Antonio 2 7.69%
Orlando 0 0%
Washington DC 4 15.38%
Honolulu 1 3.85%
Chicago 1 3.85%
Other 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 01:15 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,868,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Canada is a cool country, but I dream to live in the US, particularly in the Sunbelt (I want sun, it's so rainy and cold here since my birth ^^ ) so..
I understand. I tried to convince my wife to consider Toronto or Montreal for our next move, and she keeps saying it's just too cold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 01:30 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,368,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I understand. I tried to convince my wife to consider Toronto or Montreal for our next move, and she keeps saying it's just too cold
Ahaha the women hate when it's cold ^^

Old 08-10-2010, 01:53 PM

222 posts, read 578,748 times
okay I'm gonna kill everybody ignorance as a whole. Let get real on this one at least. Miami beating out NY comeon. We all know miami is a spanish speaking capital but depends on what language you speak. There is not a lot of arabs in Miami, lebanese in Miami, Africans in Miami, Even portugese speakers for that much. Just French and Spanish. Well i can learn french and spanish north of the border. Plus NY is the only place I know that on a global basis of business you would have to deal with more multi -lingual people on a day to day basis. it deals with business around the world not just the latin world but all of theworld. No other place does this in the U.S. as heavy as newyork. And the only city which u will come into contact with as much foreigners and maybeneed to adjust on a day to day basis is Toronto let alone Miami. i say NY hands down .

Old 08-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy Columbus View Post
okay I'm gonna kill everybody ignorance as a whole. Let get real on this one at least. Miami beating out NY comeon. We all know miami is a spanish speaking capital but depends on what language you speak. There is not a lot of arabs in Miami, lebanese in Miami, Africans in Miami, Even portugese speakers for that much. Just French and Spanish. Well i can learn french and spanish north of the border. Plus NY is the only place I know that on a global basis of business you would have to deal with more multi -lingual people on a day to day basis. it deals with business around the world not just the latin world but all of theworld. No other place does this in the U.S. as heavy as newyork. And the only city which u will come into contact with as much foreigners and maybeneed to adjust on a day to day basis is Toronto let alone Miami. i say NY hands down .
New York City is a great city and I want to visit it one day, but taxes are too high, housing prices are really unbelievable, and the weather isn't like Miami, it's not my favorite place to live..

Old 08-11-2010, 01:01 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,031,388 times
Quote:
Ahaha the women hate when it's cold ^^
ROFL, ahaha.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:35 AM

1,694 posts, read 3,620,842 times
Quote:
New York City is a great city and I want to visit it one day, but taxes are too high, housing prices are really unbelievable, and the weather isn't like Miami, it's not my favorite place to live..

While it may not have the other languages your wanting San Antonio is a cool city and gets alot of tourists also alot of spanish speakers.

San Antonio Texas official vacation and visitor information. San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau. :: VisitSanAntonio.com

Old 08-11-2010, 10:23 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,070,214 times
While cities like NYC and Toronto may have gigantic foreign born populations, that doesn't necessarily translate to there being a lot of jobs for people who are multilingual. I voted for DC due to the numerous foreign embassies and gov't agencies that constantly need people who are multilingual.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideMKE View Post
While cities like NYC and Toronto may have gigantic foreign born populations, that doesn't necessarily translate to there being a lot of jobs for people who are multilingual. I voted for DC due to the numerous foreign embassies and gov't agencies that constantly need people who are multilingual.
Yeah, DC can be interesting for that
And Houston is good too because its port is the second largest of the country, so the international trade is very important there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City