Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the worse slums/ghettos?
Baltimore(Bodymore) 93 30.29%
Detroit 214 69.71%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 PM

447 posts, read 1,564,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Was that really your purpose. And what will you do with this information you gathered. Huh? You've never had anything nice to say in the Baltimore forums.

Ignoring the problem? that would be you, as you seem to chill there. I don't live in Baltimore but i DO volunteer for my community. If i lived in Baltimore I would be active, unlike you.

I make it seem that way do I? Sorry, i do go against the current of thousands of people like you who always make Baltimore out to be 3rd world. There are some VERY nice parts of Baltimore but people like you, and thousands out there, will never see past the bad parts, which do not comprise the majority of the city.

You are "chilin" around johns hopkins, DUH you're not going to see rehabs! Almost all of Patterson Park rowhouses are rehabs! Pigtown seems to get a lot. There are rehabs all over the city. Hopkins demolished 8 blocks of rowhouses as a part of a master plan, not the city just because they were rotting.

Calling it Bodymore is dumb and immature. You don't have to put it on what you consider a serious poll.
First, I never said Baltimore only had bad parts. I have seen the good parts. Parts of Baltimore do seem to resemble a 3rd world. But again, I never said Baltimore only had bad parts. In fact no city is like that. Not even Detroit. About ignoring the problem, you seem to make it like Baltimore is all nice and fun when in fact that is not the case at all.Ask yourself why dont you live there if it is truly "Charm City. Anyways this is just my perception, I don't know if that was your intent. Second, this about the BAD parts of Baltimore not the good ones. There are more good parts then bad parts but this isn't about that. About demolition of rowhouses, I have seen a block of completely vacant houses, later demolished. That seems to be the only time when they demolish rowhouses, when there is a completely vacant block which are relatively rare. Latly, people in Detroit will probably vote for Baltimore as they do not want to acknowledge what goes on. I assume that you voted for Detroit if you even voted at all.

BTW What is a serious poll? I just ask opinions of people and what they think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:09 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Detroit literally has urban farms. Detroit has entire neighborhoods that are abandoned. It is a very dreary feeling. You feel like you are in a third world country.
how many times have you been here? I swear I HATE ppl like you. Hide behind your computer making and commenting on threads about what city is worst but its funny because out of all of you like this 99% have either never been to the cities you drag down or only been to one area. Smmfh! How about come here and I will give a personal tour of the ghettos, abandon areas and the more affluent areas. Why don't you drive from the eastside to the westside & from southwest to northend before you talk ****!. Funny thing is you all sit in ur so called "great cities" and point your finger. "oh I never been to Detroit but I'll say Detroit is worst because the media keep telling me its bare and vacant and nothing but thugs there" smh pathetic fools. How is it if you never been to one of the cities how the hell would you know which is worse? idiots!. I never been to Baltimore but I have always wanted to go regaurdless of what the damn media says or how many "The Wire" type shows are made. Just as I always wanted to go to Philly and N.O as well because I know from living in the Detroit that media will overexaggerate **** to the max. Esp when dealing with a city with a sizable black population. But I won't get on any forum downing any city either. Half the cities you all live in aren't much better by the way. Maybe more nice parts but still have plenty of ghetto as well.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:26 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycistheplace2 View Post
First, I never said Baltimore only had bad parts. I have seen the good parts. Parts of Baltimore do seem to resemble a 3rd world. But again, I never said Baltimore only had bad parts. In fact no city is like that. Not even Detroit. About ignoring the problem, you seem to make it like Baltimore is all nice and fun when in fact that is not the case at all.Ask yourself why dont you live there if it is truly "Charm City. Anyways this is just my perception, I don't know if that was your intent. Second, this about the BAD parts of Baltimore not the good ones. There are more good parts then bad parts but this isn't about that. About demolition of rowhouses, I have seen a block of completely vacant houses, later demolished. That seems to be the only time when they demolish rowhouses, when there is a completely vacant block which are relatively rare. Latly, people in Detroit will probably vote for Baltimore as they do not want to acknowledge what goes on. I assume that you voted for Detroit if you even voted at all.

BTW What is a serious poll? I just ask opinions of people and what they think.
We have the same deal going on. You post as though there are only bad parts. I post as if there are only good parts (although i do mention bad parts once in a while, a distinct difference between us). However i don't usually post in threads like "where should I live" and say "Baltimore = perfect". I usually defend against posters like you, who never acknowledge the good parts.

Why don't I live there? TRUST ME, if i could that's straight where i would go. Is all of Baltimore charming? no. Is all of New Jersey a Garden state?

Yes, when blocks completely empty out, usually side streets in between blocks, they are usually demolished. No maintenance, no interest, no investment, not purpose, then they will go.

I didn't vote. Though I think Baltimore looks worse. What's worse, Nothing there (like so many blocks in Detroit) or abandoned buildings. Its not a very fair comparison, actually. Detroit-Cleveland or Baltimore-Philly would be more comparable, as they have different types of slums

As for a serious poll, i mean one that should be taken seriously. This seems like somebody is really bored, has a negative attitude, and is doing it to prove their view.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:32 PM

since you fools cant seem to look up anything other than the "tour of Detroit's ghetto" bs video you all should know there are also neighborhoods like these

YouTube - ‪Tour of the East English Village neighbourhood in Detroit‬‎

YouTube - ‪Detroit Investment Homes 1 - Neighborhoods are Cash‬‎

YouTube - ‪Detroit Investment Property‬‎

YouTube - ‪EAST WARREN‬‎

YouTube - ‪New Homes on Detroit's East Side -- Who Knew?‬‎

YouTube - ‪Detroit's Hidden Gems -- Outer Drive East and Chandler Park‬‎

not all of Detroit is ghetto. Im pretty sure all of Bmore isn't as well. smh

Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
We have the same deal going on. You post as though there are only bad parts. I post as if there are only good parts (although i do mention bad parts once in a while, a distinct difference between us). However i don't usually post in threads like "where should I live" and say "Baltimore = perfect". I usually defend against posters like you, who never acknowledge the good parts.

Why don't I live there? TRUST ME, if i could that's straight where i would go. Is all of Baltimore charming? no. Is all of New Jersey a Garden state?

Yes, when blocks completely empty out, usually side streets in between blocks, they are usually demolished. No maintenance, no interest, no investment, not purpose, then they will go.

I didn't vote. Though I think Baltimore looks worse. What's worse, Nothing there (like so many blocks in Detroit) or abandoned buildings. Its not a very fair comparison, actually. Detroit-Cleveland or Baltimore-Philly would be more comparable, as they have different types of slums

As for a serious poll, i mean one that should be taken seriously. This seems like somebody is really bored, has a negative attitude, and is doing it to prove their view.
trust Cleveland people have mad more than too many "which is better" bs threads smh still doesnt help that Cleveland, Detroit, Philly, Bmore, NO, Newark and plenty of bashed cities are still in bad shape. Who is worst does not matter but people are so stupid and stuck on "im better than you" petty bs these days

Old 08-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:

I see.
All this thread was for, is to get people's opinion on the subject. What they think. I could easily made a thread that says "which city has better neighborhoods" and someone can say "what about the bad neighborhoods? You make it seem as if there is only good areas in Baltimore or Detroit."
See what im saying?

Old 08-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Of course all of Detroit is not ghetto. No one said it was.
But come on, those were poor video choices.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycistheplace2 View Post
Of course all of Detroit is not ghetto. No one said it was.
But come on, those were poor video choices.
But people like you keep making stupid ass threads about Detroit vs whatever city. Which is worse? which is more ghetto visibly? which has more ghetto (insert insult here)? blah blah blah. And you honestly expect me or anybody from Bmore as well to not be able to realize you obviously made the negative thread to get more negative point of views? EXACTLY! Poor video choices? how exactly? I showed regular areas that plenty of ppl still occupy. Areas where plenty of working class people live. REGULAR RESIDENTAL STREETS. I could've showed more of the upper middle class-upper class areas as well. For what though? so people can still make negative ass comments about how its not reality??? So I showed areas that are more towards the reality. Not overly ghetto like the media and not huge mansions and mini mansions like in Indian Village, Sherwood Forest, Palmer Park, Grixdale sub, Berry sub, Boston Edison, West Village, New Conner Creek Industrial sub or Jefferson Village etc. or even whole rennovated areas with castle style homes like Ferry Street. You can look them up if you want lmao.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:28 PM

nycistheplace2
how many times have you been to Detroit??? or Bmore for that matter?

Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 PM

YouTube - ‪A Driving Tour of Detroit: Upscale Indian Village‬‎

YouTube - ‪DETROIT'S BOSTON EDISON NEIGHBORHOOD‬‎

YouTube - ‪SHERWOOD FOREST/PALMER WOODS, DETROIT‬‎

YouTube - ‪Indian Village House, Detroit‬‎

is this what I should have showed??? smh lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City