Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:03 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times

Advertisements

Denver also has a 52 or 53 square mile Airport (largest in the US) included in that square mileage for the entire city. Makes a HUGE difference if 1/3 of the city is undevelopable land!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 09:19 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Denver also has a 52 or 53 square mile Airport (largest in the US) included in that square mileage for the entire city. Makes a HUGE difference if 1/3 of the city is undevelopable land!
OK but the airport isn't in the city limits its twenty miles from Denver .

Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
No, the airport really is in the city limits. Look at a map, the land on which the airport was built was annexed by the city of Denver.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:46 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
People claiming that downtown Denver lacks hotel ammenities have not visited the city recently.
There is the Ritz Carlton, Hyatt Regency,the legendary historic Brown Palace,Oxford Hotel,Marriott..
and The Four Seasons officially opened several days back..just to name a few. The shopping downtown
is fairly pedestrian though, but that's pretty well covered a few miles east in the Cherry Creek district.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:46 PM

787 posts, read 1,695,614 times
Quote:
This link shows Denver is more dense than minne!

City Mayors: Largest cities in the world by population density (1 to 125)

Denver - 125
Minne - 162

Quote:
[SIZE=2] rank the cities with the largest land area and their surrounding urban areas by population density expressed in people per square kilometre.[/SIZE]

Old 10-20-2010, 04:47 PM

787 posts, read 1,695,614 times
Quote:

It'd still be less dense than Minneapolis, even excluding the airport.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:52 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,409,292 times
Quote:
Please fill me in on this......... "Minneapolis is better in every way, shape, and form." I agree these 2 cities are very close, but even in the Denver vs. Minne thread, Denver is ahead!
Fill you in on what? I stated my opinion already. Sorry you're threatened by it... which is surprising, seeing as that you're "ahead" in this little poll.

How anyone could prefer that landlocked totally unvibrant city is beyond me. (Seriously, it was almost desolate at some parts of the day when I was walking around. So unlike a normal "major city." Looking back, I find my whole experience of Denver quite unusual.) But if that's really the majority opinion... *shrug*...haha, sorry for you guys... more Minneapolis/St. Paul for the rest of us.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:59 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,409,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Twenty miles? Holy crap.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:53 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Twenty miles? Holy crap.
And 45min drive to Downtown WOW no trains connecting either Would suck to fly into denver and actualy being going to downtown.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:31 PM

929 posts, read 1,902,242 times
Hmmm...never been to either one...I'll imagine the weather in Denver is significantly more pleasant than that in Minneapolis. Both metro areas seem to be expanding their LRT systems. Denver's transit system (RTD) is a bit larger and gets a bit more ridership than that in the Twin cities (Metro Transit). Both metro areas are not terribly diverse, though the Denver metro areas has a large hispanic population. The Twin cities metro area, though lacking in immgrants and racial minorities compared to larger metro areas, have the largest Somali and Hmong populations (or among the largest) in the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City