Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Back to our regularly scheduled programing. Both state's largest transit systems:

MARTA vs NJT

MARTA
Daily Ridership: 482,500
Rail Lines: 4
Rail Stations: 38
System Length: 48 Miles
Bus Routes: 132

NJT
Daily Ridership: 940,877
Rail Lines: 14
Rail Stations: 122
System Length: 643 Miles
Bus Routes: 247
Does that include PATH and PATCO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 10:32 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Does that include PATH and PATCO?
Nope, it's all NJT, at first I was going to use PATH but it's equally NJ and NY and PATCO is equally NJ and PA.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:34 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Nope, at first I was going to use PATH but it's equally NJ and NY and PATCO is equally NJ and PA.

Fair enough, there has been more than enough of that

only funny part is it doesn't really go to the Bronx, go figure

but NJT has stops in both PA and NY

And many bus routes that go to both states as well

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times
Move away from the Tri State area and see how much you connect with NY, NJ, and Ct.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:37 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Back to the name calling. Attacking the character of someone they don't know from Adam or Eve. Classic grammar attacks-this happens when confronted with truth, and the person has to attack something...anything lol True class new jersey true class

Anyway new jersey is the . NYCis the pimp. Everybody knows this you know this. The guy who came out of nowhere and is supposedly from Queens(like a real nyer would sit here and actually defend nj) knows it too.

You accuse me of trolling, well this is a'lot of reaction for just a mere troll. It wasn't trolling it was the truth and it ruffled feathers because it was the truth.

The non-delusional jerseyans would tell you themselves that jersey lacks any serious identity and that they're too dependent on ny and philly. But oh well. I guess i just pulled a rabbit out the hat

I said what i had to say about NEW JOISEY and im done. Don't call me a troll and than give me a thousand responses after this to which i would have to respond to lol.
Let the thread go back to being georgia Vs New Jersey+ its access to-NYCANDPHILLY
Riiight, no "real NYer would defend NJ", LOL. Too funny. I guess "real NYers" only defend NJ once they have moved to NJ, right?

It's funny, because a lot of the people I know from Brooklyn and Queens (and these are "real NYers") not only defend NJ, but actually want to move out of their cesspool NY neighorhoods, and move TO NJ.

Your view is that of a child. What in the world are you going to do someday, when you're grown up, and your wife wants to move from the Bronx to the suburbs of NJ? Will you call your wife names, and say she is "not a real NYer"?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:41 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times
I'm a native born and raised in Manhattan, lived in Queens for 15, and LI for 25 years. After living here in Florida for 3 years, I would move to NJ, or NY/Ct./Pa., in a heartbeat.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,215,551 times
Anyone who bases their opinion of a state on a "reality" tv show isn't very intelligent, IMO.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:22 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,845,984 times
Actually NJ is the Northeast RR JCT , all lines going North - South , East - West Terminate or pass through the state.....High Speed / Intercity Rail , Regional Rail and Urban Rail.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:46 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
This thread has officially become the New Jersey Sucks (New Yorker Poster) NO We Don't! (New Jersey Poster) Thread.

Despite my efforts it stopped having anything to do with Georgia along time ago. Most of the Georgia Poster have long stopped trying to get in on what's been going like this.

New Jersey Poster: We are so great. We have this.
Georgia Poster: But you don't have this. We do.
New Jersey Poster: Yeah but we can go into New York and have that.
New York Poster: Stop leaning on us. New Jersey sucks!
New Jersey Poster: No we don't.
Yes you do.
No we don't

5 pages later.

No we don't
Yes you do.
Georgia Poster: Our State has good literary authors.
New Jersey Poster: Not good as ours cause our cities are so dense.
Georgia Poster: What does density have to do with that?
New Jersey Poster: Density has to do with everything!! Density is GOD!! You sprawl loving, Southerner! Besides New York has so many writers rite next to us.
New York Poster: Stop using us as a crutch. New Jersey Sucks!
No we Don't!
Yes you Do!
Next ten pages.
No we Don't!
Yes you Do

Old 08-11-2010, 12:49 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,681,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
This thread has officially become the New Jersey Sucks (New Yorker Poster) NO We Don't! (New Jersey Poster) Thread.

Despite my efforts it stopped having anything to do with Georgia along time ago. Most of the Georgia Poster have long stopped trying to get in on what's been going like this.

New Jersey Poster: We are so great. We have this.
Georgia Poster: But you don't have this. We do.
New Jersey Poster: Yeah but we can go into New York and have that.
New York Poster: Stop leaning on us. New Jersey sucks!
New Jersey Poster: No we don't.
Yes you do.
No we don't

5 pages later.

No we don't
Yes you do.
Georgia Poster: Our State has good literary authors.
New Jersey Poster: Not good as ours cause our cities are so dense.
Georgia Poster: What does density have to do with that?
New Jersey Poster: Density has to do with everything!! Density is GOD!! You sprawl loving, Southerner! Besides New York has so many writers rite next to us.
New York Poster: Stop using us as a crutch. New Jersey Sucks!
No we Don't!
Yes you Do!
Next ten pages.
No we Don't!
Yes you Do
OMG, LOL.
Why intelligent discussion can't be had is totally beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City