Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is New England's second city?
Hartford, CT 49 22.48%
New Haven, CT 12 5.50%
Providence, RI 128 58.72%
Portland, ME 18 8.26%
Worcester, MA 6 2.75%
Springfield, MA 1 0.46%
Manchester, NH 2 0.92%
Burlington, VT 2 0.92%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 AM

2,722 posts, read 6,111,377 times

Advertisements

My favorite sound bite was:

Quote:
How RI is so hard to beat what can I do with architecture exactly? Stare at it? No actually I'll just go hump it. No better yet how about I just blow it up!
Gotta love these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 11:53 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansascrip View Post
Um no, you obviously care because you responded. I live on the Missouri side, we have plenty of things to do in Missouri. Then things to do on the Kansas side if we so choose. When RI became a relevant state I have no idea, but you're just trying to hard now....really? Now I will really never visit New England. Not that I had any desire to in the first place.
No, I just don't care about Kansas, and neither do most Americans. Which is why since you have never been to New England you come here smacktalking and end up on a self defeating tyrade. Can't blame New England for that, you just don't know that much. When did RI become a relevant state? Well in 1790 actually, one of the original 13 colonies and 71 years before Kansas. I've been to Missouri and I like St. Louis, it's a very interesting city. Fortunately I was in the company of an intellegent and well travelled person who knew what she was talking about. And I'm very happy that we are not on your radar, so don't come in here thinking that you can knock us without losing. You even admited in your own words your self, "I have no idea", so we'll leave it at that.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:54 AM

201 posts, read 470,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Rhode Island has some beautiful, beautiful areas like Newport and Block Island. Providence is very cool and has a surprisingly great nightlife for such a small city. Is it Boston or Philadelphia or New York? Hell no.

It's pretty funny that you're somehow trying to make Kansas sound like anything more than corn. Hell even the main part of Kansas City is in Mizzou. Btw, what's the point of trying to put down Rhode Island? It's a far superior state to Kansas.

Also, lol @ "there's no college football teams"...I'm not sure if they've got them out there yet, but there are machines back East which show moving pictures. It's amazing, I know...but just trust me: they exist. You're even able to watch college football on them. Also, are you trying to make it sound like the college football in Kansas is even marginally relevant? KU had one very good year and that's it...unfortunately for KU football, Mangino abused a player by trying to eat him and now he's gone.

And of course there's this tragedy:
30 Years Of Man's Life Disappear In Mysterious 'Kansas Rectangle' | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

P.S. Gotta love the "at least in Kansas we're cool" call...
I like football minus the injuries, and I'd like to see a game every now, and then okay? I am a Tiger fan, it's kind of hard to see a Mizzou game in Road Iland. Oops sorry a typo. Seriously Rhode Island is superior? Well i wouldn't know I've never been, and never will? I was born in Kansas...I had NO control over that. Plus Kansas has more than corn fields quite obviously, we have heart and pride something that can't be measure like architecture....

Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
I was going to go with Hartford, but Providence seems to fit the bill more. I give them the edge for having their act together Downtown.

Hartford seems to try, but somehow always just falls short in the vibrancy department.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I was going to go with Hartford, but Providence seems to fit the bill more. I give them the edge for having their act together Downtown.

Hartford seems to try, but somehow always just falls short in the vibrancy department.
Yea Providence definitely seems to be a more vibrant city, but I think you'd have to give the importance edge to Hartford. Are people voting on which city they like or which city they think is the second most important?

Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,456,812 times
Quote:
I like football minus the injuries, and I'd like to see a game every now, and then okay? I am a Tiger fan, it's kind of hard to see a Mizzou game in Road Iland. Oops sorry a typo. Seriously Rhode Island is superior? Well i wouldn't know I've never been, and never will? I was born in Kansas...I had NO control over that. Plus Kansas has more than corn fields quite obviously, we have heart and pride something that can't be measure like architecture....
What is this heart and pride you speak of? It must not exist outside of Kansas.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
So instead of your self defeating tyrade here, why don't you open a KS vs RI thread and see what eveyone else thinks?

Old 08-12-2010, 12:57 PM

201 posts, read 470,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
So instead of your self defeating tyrade here, why don't you open a KS vs RI thread and see what eveyone else thinks?
*Sigh* I don't feel the need to boast about Kansas, because we are our own nation. No region, no rules, just wheat and hoopin on foos. Ya dig?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
*Sigh* I don't feel the need to boast about Kansas, because we are our own nation. No region, no rules, just wheat and hoopin on foos. Ya dig?
OK then, ya know there is something that I appreciate about every state, regardless of size. And both KS and RI have their merrits. So are you done smack talking RI?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:12 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,913,577 times
Quote:
I've been through Kansas a few times, and spent a day in Dodge City; the landscape is very impressive if you travel through central-west Kansas during the wheat harvest--the golden sheen of grain goes on for 300 miles--but during the rest of the year, it's very underwhelming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City