Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which did you like more?
It's all about the East Coast, you know it! 43 33.59%
It's all about the West Coast, you know it! 19 14.84%
I liked both, but I liked East Coast more. 44 34.38%
I liked both, but I liked West Coast more. 22 17.19%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 03:46 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,098,986 times

Advertisements

I chose, "I liked both, but I liked East Coast more" because traditionally, that's how I felt.

I've always appreciated all regions for the different flavors they brought. Unfortunately, that barely exist now. Generally speaking, things sound the same.

Everybody wants either a southern-influenced "Trap" beat or DJ Mustard/Cali beat.

You have exceptions here and there but they are few and far between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 10:43 PM

373 posts, read 367,818 times
I liked both but, Overall East coast. However During the mid 94-96 I listened to more West Coast for sure. My Dad had lots of West Coast rap albums. I was born in 1984, I had young parents so Dr Dre Chronic, Ice Cub, Snoop Dogg and Eazy E were always available to us. The 90's music from 1990-1997 was awesome. A few gems in 1998 and 1999. I never got in the Cash Money/ No limit. Just too cheesy for me.

Don't forget Tupac born in Manhattan, NY and grew up there. He then moved to Baltimore just before high school then cali to finish up HS.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:02 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgem View Post
I liked both but, Overall East coast. However During the mid 94-96 I listened to more West Coast for sure. My Dad had lots of West Coast rap albums. I was born in 1984, I had young parents so Dr Dre Chronic, Ice Cub, Snoop Dogg and Eazy E were always available to us. The 90's music from 1990-1997 was awesome. A few gems in 1998 and 1999. I never got in the Cash Money/ No limit. Just too cheesy for me.

Don't forget Tupac born in Manhattan, NY and grew up there. He then moved to Baltimore just before high school then cali to finish up HS.
Yep, 90's hip hop/rap was the best. Cash Money is trash.

Tupac may have been born in NY, but he is part of the West Coast hip-hop group.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:04 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,641 times
BTW, I like rap and hip-hop equally from both coasts, at least 90's rap and hip hop. This era, I'm not sure. Rap is no longer the same, and not in a good way.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:43 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,209,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Soul Bro View Post
I chose, "I liked both, but I liked East Coast more" because traditionally, that's how I felt.

I've always appreciated all regions for the different flavors they brought. Unfortunately, that barely exist now. Generally speaking, things sound the same.

Everybody wants either a southern-influenced "Trap" beat or DJ Mustard/Cali beat.

You have exceptions here and there but they are few and far between.
I voted the same poll choice myself.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:15 AM

100 posts, read 189,457 times
Smile Westcoast is good but Eastcoast lyricism is better.

It's as simple as this.
Westcoast: Laid back, g -funk,influential less lyrical than eastcoast but replaced it with More street talk and what was actually happening in the area at the time(Gangs, blood's and crips, and police violence).

Eastcoast: lyrical, influential, Nice flows (Big L , and Nas are dope ) faster tempo, more political verses (Public enemy)

This is mainstream music so far... Today's hip-hop is a joke.. I don't even turn on the radio anymore...

Let's talk Underground / Independent music now....

Eastcoast: got some damn good groups (Jedi mind tricks, Army of the Pharaohs, the roots ) and good single artist as well. Most of artist are from NYC and Philly.

Westcoast: the scene in underground hip hop in Los Angeles by It's self is to stacked up... Too damn good from hip-hop groups like (People under the stairs, Jurassic 5, Funk volume crew, blu and exile. Just to name a few.) No music tour is exciting to me except for Rock the Bells.

I like Westcoast hip-hop better Honestly but I prefer Eastcoast lyricism and faster pace.... but underground/Independent music Westcoast without a doubt...

Honestly I have respect for anyone who listens to oldschool hip-hop whether It's Eastcoast or Westcoast. Today's hip-hop is a joke Honestly.Anyone who is a true fan to oldschool hip-hop would agree to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City