Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SoCal or Jersey Shore?
SoCal all the way bro! 116 67.05%
Jersey Shore all the way yo! 57 32.95%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,211,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
LOL. I used to live in PB. Where are all the bros from east county with lifted trucks in that video? Illegal substances? Surfer Dudes? Anyway, PB does have some pretty fine women!

As for the original question, well, it's tough because the Jersey Shore and coastal SoCal are pretty different.

SoCal coast:
beach towns give away to urbanization
mostly just people who live there
More of a beach culture as part of the mainstream
more dramatic coast
piers
better surf

Jersey Shore:
beach towns often give way to more rural areas
more tourist oriented
more character
boardwalks
better beaches
party towns (in the summer anyway)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 10:53 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,384,032 times
It's a bit of overkill but the Southern California coastline is truly beautiful so here are a few more:

Los Angeles

Santa Monica Pier

Venice Beach

Santa Barbara

Old 08-12-2010, 11:23 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Socal has the right type of setting for beaches. New jersey is in the northeast...the anti-setting for beaches. Ya cant be serious. like lets be real here

The only reason ppl indulge in the jersey shore is because its closer than florida or cali. Thats it. The jersey shore is an alternativethats it

When people want to spend real money and go to a real beach. They'll opt to go to florida.South carolina,cali etc not jersey

Real beaches have tropical settings does jersey have that? f..k oudda here

Last edited by K.O.N.Y; 08-12-2010 at 11:37 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Socal has the right type of setting for beaches. New jersey is in the northeast...the anti-setting for beaches. Ya cant be serious. like lets be real here
The anti-setting with the most popular, toured boardwalk scene in the nation.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:43 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
The anti-setting with the most popular, toured boardwalk scene in the nation.
Only because its a quick getaway to philly residents and new york residents. Which is a big market, other than that it wouldnt be s... How many ppl across the nation are going to jersey for a boardwalk? Riddle me this riddle me that

ppl around the nation plan trips to socal

Old 08-12-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Only because its a quick getaway to philly residents and new york residents. Which is a big market, other than that it wouldnt be s... How many ppl across the nation are going to jersey for a boardwalk? Riddle me this riddle me that

ppl around the nation plan trips to socal
Well that's more then PA and NY can say as far as beaches/boardwalks go.
It also contradicts all your past trolling that claims "NJ is irrelevant"

NJ attracts the people from much of north east region in general- Including a lot of Canadians btw. Not just NYC and Philly. SoCa is a has a beautiful coast, and it see's a loot of tourism (I never denied it), but your typical pounce on NJ is a complete fail.

And riddle me this- If you don't care about NJ so much like you claim, why are you riding the state like Kim on Ray?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:06 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times
Quote:

The only reason ppl indulge in the jersey shore is because its closer than florida or cali. Thats it. The jersey shore is an alternativethats it

When people want to spend real money and go to a real beach. They'll opt to go to florida.South carolina,cali etc not jersey

Real beaches have tropical settings does jersey have that? f..k oudda here
The obvious desperation & cries for attention in your posts are upsetting. You are a sad, sad young man. I hope someone loves you one day.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:49 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
we're comparing something that is year round vs something that lasts maybe 5 mos at best (and that includes a good % of east coast beaches not just NJ)

Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,170,272 times
LOL why does NJ and NY have to fight in every thread?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
LOL why does NJ and NY have to fight in every thread?
I personally have no problem with NY- I grew up in the NYC metro.
KONY loves to hate NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City