Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 06:39 PM

287 posts, read 498,165 times

Advertisements

Who says bad things about NO? Must be some old fart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Maybe because its the truth....and too see soo much lying about trying to make Philadelphia something that its not when I know Philadelphia.I know more than just some one nighter stay in Center City.....I'm sorry I see Philly for what it really is, and its not what you Cheerleader homers prop it up to be....

Again bringing Pittsburgh into this......You dont come into the Pittsburgh coversations is because you NO NOTHING ABOUT THE BURGH......While I may be homer for Pittsburgh....I will sit here anyday and admit its problems...Something we can't seem to get Philly homers to do....

When I see non-factual information being given for a place that I know thoroughly whether it be Bashing or Cheerleading I will voice my opinion...and I'm sorry some people can handle the truth...

I agree the thread had alot of potential, but one truth statement to show that Philadelphia is relevent to this subject and all the homers attack because it doesnt show Philly in the fairytail some try to portait

Sorry but I must call a Spade a Spade.....
I'm not a Philly homer at all. I rarely post on cd unless I feel like I need to say something which is now.Personally i dont give two ****s what anyone in real life or on cd think of the city. But it seems that u do. U get soo worked up over a pointless thread on a MESSAGE BOARD as if it means something.Your words are redundant. Its not that serious... go live your life.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Where are all my Camden Buffalo and Newark ppl at? I know I didn't put you all in the title but feel free to comment as well. Seeing how this thread turned out maybe I should have either Camden or Newark or Buffalo in the title
I chimed in about Newark page one, comment one I would make a more in-depth post with pix, but it's been done in the past.
Buffalo used to be one of the largest cities in the nation. It was an industrial mecca, full of prosperity- The economic decline hit hard on all the industrious cities (Detroit, Newark, Buffalo, etc) but these are the cities that heavily shaped their regions in terms of financial growth.
Newark's doing the best job out of the three in terms of cleaning the city up- I'm not saying Detroit and Buffalo aren't, but Newark went from #1 most dangerous city to near #30 12 years later- And it's only getting better.

Camden on the other hand. There really is little good in that decrepit city unfortunately. The water front has a nice aquarium, a University, a few luxury high rises, and it has spectacular views of Philadelphia's skyline. But outside that small area, it gets really bad really quick.

The Campbell's soup company originated in Camden.
It was and possibly could be a beautiful city, but it looks like someone lit the city on fire and put it out with urine.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:17 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
But it looks like someone lit the city on fire and put it out with urine.
Lets look at the bright side, they DID put it out.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I chimed in about Newark page one, comment one I would make a more in-depth post with pix, but it's been done in the past.
Buffalo used to be one of the largest cities in the nation. It was an industrial mecca, full of prosperity- The economic decline hit hard on all the industrious cities (Detroit, Newark, Buffalo, etc) but these are the cities that heavily shaped their regions in terms of financial growth.
Newark's doing the best job out of the three in terms of cleaning the city up- I'm not saying Detroit and Buffalo aren't, but Newark went from #1 most dangerous city to near #30 12 years later- And it's only getting better.

Camden on the other hand. There really is little good in that decrepit city unfortunately. The water front has a nice aquarium, a University, a few luxury high rises, and it has spectacular views of Philadelphia's skyline. But outside that small area, it gets really bad really quick.

The Campbell's soup company originated in Camden.
It was and possibly could be a beautiful city, but it looks like someone lit the city on fire and put it out with urine.
Um you really could keep all the negatives about Camden. This is a POSITIVE thread.......is everyone on here incapable of comprehending this????

Old 09-05-2010, 03:03 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times
http://www.harbortownapartments.com/_picts/Ext-Harbortown-11-03.jpg (broken link)
harbortown

Old 09-05-2010, 05:34 AM

149 posts, read 445,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Please let keep this on Philly....Let not bring Pittsburgh into this...Pittsburgh is 100 times safer than Philly and nowhere near Philly's violent crime rates....Pittsburgh does NOT KILL COPS....
Uh, yes they do...
3 Pittsburgh Police Officers Shot Dead; Alleged Gunman Arrested - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:45 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,724 times
Yes - I see one crazed lunatic who forgot to take his meth one day - equals this..

YouTube - Philadelphia Cop Killer Gets Death Sentence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGfOURN-JtI

YouTube - June '08 Ofc Pawlowski On Fox 29 News

Katie Couric - Says it best

YouTube - Katie Couric's Notebook: Violent Crime (CBS News)

Last edited by Blackbeauty212; 09-05-2010 at 06:53 AM..

Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 AM

149 posts, read 445,401 times
Ok....you win. Now I can go back to living my life in the "war zone" that is Mt Airy...which is ironically filled with beautiful stone homes and stately mansions, wonderful neighbors, fantastic gardens, nice restaurants, serviced by 2 train lines, etc. Boy come to think of it I spend lots of time outside Center City in the "war zones" you speak of; you know places like Chestnut Hill, West Germantown, Roxborough, Manayunk, Andorra, East Falls, University City, Passyunk East, Pennsport, Graduate Hospital, Northern Liberties, Fairmount, Spring Garden, Fishtown, Port Richmond, Mayfair, Fox Chase, Rhawnhurst, Bridesburg, Somerton....even a nice big swath of Kensington. How have I ever survived?

Lots and lots of good in Philly. It's just flat-out an awesome city. Problems? Of course. It was built on the momentum of the industrial revolution, and when that died so did many of it's neighborhoods, especially north of Center City. But those blighted areas do not define the city (of which many are seeing progress and investment, even in this crappy economy), especially when we are graced with the neighborhoods I spoke of above. I encourage everyone to pay a visit, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:05 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I think the comment was more related to over boosterism of your city. Portraying in ways that seem far over reaching
is that like when you said given a little more space
philly would have a 2.4 trillion gdp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City