Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Orlando or Dallas?
Orlando 50 42.74%
Dallas 67 57.26%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:33 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
It was not a baseless insult (as the meant to imply my levity). Rather it was a reflection of my opinion of the poll. There is not an option for niether/other/etc... and that would be my vote, as I find little appealing about either Dallas or Orlando and there's not enough for one or the other to "out-rank" the other in my mind.
It's best to stay out the thread instead of bringing it down if you do not prefer any of the cities in the poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 01:46 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I cannot answer this poll as it is now. "Neither" or "Hell" should be a third option...if so, that would be my choice.
Yeah, because living in Durham is the American Dream!........

Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Yeah, because living in Durham is the American Dream!........
LOL and to think I held my tongue on that comment so as not to be a hypocrite!

Old 08-18-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
LOL and to think I held my tongue on that comment so as not to be a hypocrite!
I did too.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:04 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Yeah, but Dallas doesn't see the humidity that places like Houston, New Orleans, or Orlando sees. It could be 10 degrees hotter in Dallas and the other three would still feel 10 degrees hotter than Dallas and we both should know that when the wind doesn't blow the air gets dense and sits still. Dallas actually gets cold. I stepped off the plane in Dallas during the winter in gym clothes, stepped outside and made a straight 360 because it was freezing.

Other than that I choose Orlando too.
You would be surprised how cold Orlando can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Dallas. Its more diverse, the food is better, and I really dont like cities that cater too much to tourist. My en-laws live in Vegas and I cant stand it there for the same reason.
The diversity is debatable, Orlando is pretty diverse. The food IMO is the same anywhere. You can find good food in any large metro. Orlando only caters to the tourists in the tourist corridor, the other 90% of the metro caters to the locals. Las Vegas is different because its CBD/downtown is its tourist attraction. Orlando has its own CBD/downtown that is separate from its tourist corridor.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:44 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
The diversity is debatable, Orlando is pretty diverse. The food IMO is the same anywhere. You can find good food in any large metro. Orlando only caters to the tourists in the tourist corridor, the other 90% of the metro caters to the locals. Las Vegas is different because its CBD/downtown is its tourist attraction. Orlando has its own CBD/downtown that is separate from its tourist corridor.
While its true Orlando is no slouch, I still think DFW has an edge over Orlando in that category:

Metro Orlando:

White: 56.7%
Hispanic: 23.0%
Black: 14.3%
Asian: 3.6%

Orlando-Kissimmee, FL Metro Area - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2008

Dallas/Fort Worth:

White: 52.0%
Hispanic: 27.5%
Black: 13.8%
Asian: 4.8%

Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX Metro Area - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2008

Old 08-18-2010, 03:45 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
^ Wow, those numbers are VERY close.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:50 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
Yeah, but you have to break down the hispanic and black populations. Dallas' hispanic population is heavily Mexican, Orlando's is heavily everything else. Plus, Orlando has a sizeable Caribbean population then add in the people coming from who knows where to see the mouse.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but you have to break down the hispanic and black populations. Dallas' hispanic population is heavily Mexican, Orlando's is heavily everything else. Plus, Orlando has a sizeable Caribbean population then add in the people coming from who knows where to see the mouse.
I don't know about Orlando's Hispanic population being everything else. I think it's mostly Puerto Rican.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:57 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
I dont count tourist.

Orlando's Hispanic community can be offset by Dallas' Asian community which is more diverse.

Like I said, I dont think DFW blows Orlando away, but I do think DFW has a slight edge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City