Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Orlando or Dallas?
Orlando 50 42.74%
Dallas 67 57.26%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:30 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
^ Pretty much lol. Even though Orlando's highest Hispanic population is Puerto Rican.
See I did not know that...I learned something new...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
See I did not know that...I learned something new...
Lol yep "Orlando has the largest population of Puerto Ricans in Florida and their cultural impact on Central Florida is similar to that of the large Cuban population in South Florida. Orlando is home to the fastest growing Puerto Rican community in the country." - Wikipedia

Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I don't know about Orlando's Hispanic population being everything else. I think it's mostly Puerto Rican.
Puerto Ricans are the largest Hispanic group in Orlando but not as much as Mexicans are in Dallas. Orlando also has a lot of Dominicans, Colombians, Cubans, Venezuelans, etc. Those kinds of Hispanics are much different from Mexican Hispanics, Mexicans tend to look pretty similar, where as Hispanics from the countries I listed are mixed with more ethnicities like European, African etc. A lot of Hispanics in Orlando have light brown or blonde hair with white skin, some have black skin with Afro hair. All in all I think the Hispanic population in Orlando is more diverse than the Hispanic population in Dallas. Remember Hispanic isn't a race, it describes people who originated from Central and south America.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
And something else people might not know "Orlando is also home to one of the nation's highest population percentage of LGBT people. According to a study by UCLA, 7.7% of Orlando's population is gay, lesbian, or bisexual; and with 5.7% of the entire metropolitan population, it ranks 9th in the nation. - Wikipedia

Old 08-19-2010, 11:35 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Dallas The Lavender Heart of Texas - TIME

Old 08-19-2010, 03:36 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Mehhh, I'm glad this thread isn't focused on bashing, especially for Orlando, it gets it in every thread its in.

I like Orlando, and the idea of living in central Florida is appealing, especially because good drive to a plethora of nightlife activities and beaches.

However, I'm a natural scenery & economy type of person. My ideal city will combine both, much like Seattle.

But both of them lacks one over the other, DFW has the economy and Orlando has the coasts proximity and scenery covered.

I'm going with DFW though, I really like Fort Worth. And Dallas is kind of a prosperous city if you want to build a good solid future at its relatively business friendly economy. I plan to do that, which is why right now, DFW it is!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:14 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times
Yeah, Orlando's economy is a problem right now. Going by the question though...if money was no object, I'm sticking with Orlando and buying a penthouse in Thornton Park or a mansion on Park Ave. Close by you have Miami, Tampa, the keys, world-class hotels all over the state, top beaches, 5 cruise ports to choose from (including the 2 worlds largest), and several international airports...for someone with money Florida's options for leisure are pretty much endless. Orlando shopping, entertainment, and nightlife can hang with most cities. Dallas is going to have an edge in the arts, sports, cuisine, and big city feel, but I am perfectly fine with what is offered here and would not want to give up the beach and other leisure activities.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:16 AM

965 posts, read 1,885,620 times
Dallas is more business friendly. Orlando is more tourist friendly. I'd say that there is more to do in Orlando in many ways.

I'm seeing a beautiful Puerto Rican papi chulo from the Orlando area right now that's been getting quite a few helpings of some of this Oatmeal. Makes me want to cook some Arroz Con Pollo and tostones right about now. [fanning myself]. I oughta vote for Orlando on this poll for that alone, LOL.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:19 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Dallas is more business friendly. Orlando is more tourist friendly. I'd say that there is more to do in Orlando in many ways.

I'm seeing a beautiful Puerto Rican papi chulo from the Orlando area right now that's been getting quite a few helpings of some of this Oatmeal. Makes me want to cook some Arroz Con Pollo and tostones right about now. [fanning myself]. I oughta vote for Orlando on this poll for that alone, LOL.
LOL!

Make him some picadillo too. That will keep him happy!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:25 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overcooked_oatmeal View Post
dallas is more business friendly. Orlando is more tourist friendly. I'd say that there is more to do in orlando in many ways.

I'm seeing a beautiful puerto rican papi chulo from the orlando area right now that's been getting quite a few helpings of some of this oatmeal. Makes me want to cook some arroz con pollo and tostones right about now. [fanning myself]. I oughta vote for orlando on this poll for that alone, lol.
lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City