Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,434,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Actually, if you look at the state forums, these are the states with the highest amounts of posts.

#1: Texas
#2: North Carolina
#3: Florida
#4: California
#5: New York
#6: Pennsylvania
#7: New Jersey
#8: Arizona
#9: Georgia
#10: Tennessee
I think you missed what I was saying. Even then, though, you have to take in that state forum posts deal more so with relocation, local events, and developments compared to City vs. City where the "my city is better than yours" and "my city has ________, _________, and ___________" posts dominate everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 10:58 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,146,662 times
^ Thats one of the reasons why Miami always gets smashed on this site because the only people to back it up is me and Polo89 (coincidence). And every once an awhile a Miami poster stops by but they mostly just stick to their own forum, I don't blame them.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:00 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,750,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I think you missed what I was saying. Even then, though, you have to take in that state forum posts deal more so with relocation, local events, and developments compared to City vs. City where the "my city is better than yours" and "my city has ________, _________, and ___________" posts dominate everything.
True, but there's really no way to tell what state residents are present on this forum the most. I'd still say Texas is number one- and I actually think the overall list I compiled is relative to what you see here (sort of)

Old 08-19-2010, 11:03 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,146,662 times
It seems like Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas dominate this site. Just my thoughts.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,434,345 times
Ok, I'll just say that from my personal observation the prideful, boastful, and/or condescending posts on City vs. City usually come from New York, California, Georgia, and Texas.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:31 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,315,618 times
I read a lot of posts that demonstrate state pride and it includes just about every state. Some states don't have a large number of posters like Hawaii, Alaska, N & S Dakota, Mississippi, Rhode Island, etc but those who do post from the less populated states seem very proud of where they live. To me it is sad when a person is not proud of his\her state and there are a few posters who belittle their own state every day. But we learn a lot from each other and the uniqueness of each state. For example, I did not know that there were mountains in Minnesota until someone posted some beautiful photos of lakes with mountains in the background. Today I learned that the French language is spoken a fair amount in New England. There is a lot to be proud of in each state.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:38 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
I don't have state pride, I step in to defend my state (states) when it gets bashed and step in to defend other states when I get the chance recently a lot of California defending haha, but anyways, I only have pride in the USA. The country, not the states here, I respect the states, but we're all Americans first and foremost. I hope all of us in the USA can happily say we're American.

My only geographical pride = USA!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 PM

1,301 posts, read 3,557,933 times
Boasting pridefully about your own state is the whole point of City-Data, is it not?

Old 08-20-2010, 09:36 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,506,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
Boasting pridefully about your own city is the whole point of City-Data, is it not?
Fixed, lol.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 PM

20,499 posts, read 33,299,328 times
It's obvious that KONY has never met a Chicagoan. If there is one group of people that love their city, it's Chicagoans. It's the garden of Eden to many of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City