Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I defined what I meant by big sister/little sister cities in the title of the thread: similar cities of different size or cities that have similar DNA but are obviously on different levels/tiers (i.e., Atlanta and Charlotte).
Again, I know what you mean, I just don't think they are on that different of levels. I was mainly responding to the person I quoted that I find those similarities that he mentioned, are comparisons to me that makes them more like peers imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 11:29 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive8ight5ive View Post
sisters shouldn't be banging eachother anyway.
lol. Of the 5 cities Baltimore is the black sheep; over shadowed by the others. It is most similar to Philly, but isn't never mentioned without DC being mentioned with it. Unless when the topic is about crime, where Baltimore is infamous.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:43 PM

531 posts, read 1,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Um...

lol, uhhh...you're not very good at detecting sarcasm are you?

Old 08-21-2010, 11:47 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Boston (Marsha Brady) - Providence RI (Jan Brady) , Portland Maine (Cindy Brady)
You forgot Foxboro (Tom Brady).

Old 08-21-2010, 11:48 PM

531 posts, read 1,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
lol. Of the 5 cities Baltimore is the black sheep; over shadowed by the others. It is most similar to Philly, but isn't never mentioned without DC being mentioned with it. Unless when the topic is about crime, where Baltimore is infamous.

yeah, I see what you're saying. is the crime as bad as people think it is? i've never been to baltimore, but from pictures I've seen a lot of it looks really nice. but inevitably, its going to be hard for Baltimore to get much attention given it's proximity to DC.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:01 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive8ight5ive View Post
yeah, I see what you're saying. is the crime as bad as people think it is? i've never been to baltimore, but from pictures I've seen a lot of it looks really nice. but inevitably, its going to be hard for Baltimore to get much attention given it's proximity to DC.
It is bad in certain areas, but it's pretty contained to those specific areas. Baltimore is NOT as bad as people (most of which have never been) make it seem. It gets annoying when people include DC into a Baltimore conversation, Baltimore and DC are to completely seperate cities. Like how Philly and NYC are 2 seperate cities that happen to be close. I've asked a few people in Baltimore if going to DC felt like a trip out of town, most people said it does.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:57 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,579,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
True. Sisters separated at birth. The Older sister is more like Philly, an even older sister.
Well actually, when they were "born" they were MUCH father apart than they are today, taking into account transportation and communication that existed at the time!

Old 08-23-2010, 08:58 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,579,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
Los Angeles and Miami are more like peers. Same with Houston. I think Los Angeles and San Diego are more like big sibling/little sibling.
How so? I just don't see it.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I suppose I'll start off:

Atlanta--Charlotte
Los Angeles--Houston or Miami
Dallas--Forth Worth or OKC
Phoenix--Albuquerque?
New Orleans--Savannah or Charleston
I would switch Albuquerque for Tucson. Tucson and metro is larger than ABQ (and yet still 1/4 the size of Phoenix metro), only 1.5 hours from Phoenix, and has much more in common with Phoenix than Albuquerque does.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Well actually, when they were "born" they were MUCH father apart than they are today, taking into account transportation and communication that existed at the time!
Well DC was "born" long after Baltimore. So basically sisters who had loose contact until today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City