Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Columbus vs San Jose
Columbus 21 42.86%
San Jose 28 57.14%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 12:52 AM

517 posts, read 1,318,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
God probably didn't want the Giants to win

WHOOO!

Relevant to this thread; why does it feel like San Jose have more Giants/49ers fans than San Francisco itself? If anything, if I lived in the South Bay, I'd root for East Bay teams. They'd be in better company
Well my guess is because the 49er HQ's are in Santa Clara and they are actually trying to build their new stadium there, right by Great America I believe. The SF Giants also have a AAA team in San Jose. So it seems like SF teams have more roots in the South Bay then the Raiders and A's. The A's actually want to build their new stadium in downtown San Jose right next to where the Sharks play but the Giants are trying to block it because it's their "territory".

ok back on topic lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 05:38 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
I never knew much about San Jose before I saw their downtown on streetview, but I really liked what I saw. I also love the weather there. Columbus is a really nice city as well. It's a toss up for me.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:14 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,253,668 times
Here's "The Word On Columbus" from journalists across the country ...

YouTube - The Word on Columbus

And, looking ahead to a continued era of prosperity, growth and ongoing advancements in our proud community ... "Columbus in 2015, a vision"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGSmD-9jIEM

Another video to showcase Columbus

YouTube - See Why You Should Live, Work and Play in Columbus Ohio

Old 08-27-2010, 09:29 AM

224 posts, read 604,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
Here's "The Word On Columbus" from journalists across the country ...

YouTube - The Word on Columbus

And, looking ahead to a continued era of prosperity, growth and ongoing advancements in our proud community ... "Columbus in 2015, a vision"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGSmD-9jIEM

Another video to showcase Columbus

YouTube - See Why You Should Live, Work and Play in Columbus Ohio

Good videos, looks like a cool city. Never would move to the midwest but great stuff all the same.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM

6,885 posts, read 8,263,485 times
Wow!

According to those videos, Columbus sounds very much like Sacramento.

Columbus is like San Jose because of the corporate and entrepreneurial climate n NHL Hockey.

If Columbus were on the West it would known be as a cool city. Can I change may vote?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Wow!

According to those videos, Columbus sounds very much like Sacramento.

Columbus is like San Jose because of the corporate and entrepreneurial climate n NHL Hockey.

If Columbus were on the West it would known be as a cool city. Can I change may vote?

It's funny that you would comment on Columbus sharing similarities with Sacramento ... One of the very 1st aspects I recall upon moving to Columbus, was that it "felt and looked more like a west coast or a sunbelt city"

It actually reminds me alot of Denver, too ... and I've heard others suggest the same.
Most people have no concept as to just how vibrant and progressive of a city that Columbus truly is.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:35 AM

240 posts, read 534,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
It must of been a different train service because BART doesn't run in San Jose. BART's last stop is in Fremont and it starts up again in Millbrae.
Oh. Oops. It's been a while. But somehow I got from SJ to SF via train. Was it possible that I made a connection? Or maybe my friends dropped me off at the nearest BART station.

I know it took me 45 minutes to an hour, so I'm not saying SJ and SF are right next door to each other. But they're not that far either, and I would still consider SJ to be close to the rest of the Bay Area.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 AM

240 posts, read 534,556 times
Quote:
It's funny that you would comment on Columbus sharing similarities with Sacramento ... One of the very 1st aspects I recall upon moving to Columbus, was that it "felt and looked more like a west coast or a sunbelt city"

It actually reminds me alot of Denver, too ... and I've heard others suggest the same.
Most people have no concept as to just how vibrant and progressive of a city that Columbus truly is.
Really? To me Columbus feels like a prototypical Midwest town, akin to Indianapolis, Ft. Wayne, Lima, Toledo, etc. Maybe a little less industrial than Lima and Toledo, and definitely larger, but Midwest all the same.

I haven't been to Sacramento, but I've been all up and down the west coast, and spent tons of time in Seattle, and I just don't feel any west coast in Columbus.

But that's just me.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:52 PM

I think that Columbus feels and looks like several west coast and sunbelt cities because of it's progressiveness, growth and the "up and coming feel" that is prevalent throughout this city. I also find that Columbus' continued growth and expansion is far more impressive than that which is occurring in San Jose, primarily because Columbus stands alone and it continues to prosper ... without being in very close proximity to another large population center, whereas San Jose definitely owes alot of it's growth and prosperity to it's close proximity to San Francisco and the rest of the bay area.

Columbus is also impressive because it "shatters" the common illusion that cities in Ohio "never advance or exhibit any signs of prosperity", a grossly
exaggerated and "overblown misperception"

Last edited by JohnDBaumgardner; 08-28-2010 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-28-2010, 01:44 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times
Quote:
I also find that Columbus' continued growth and expansion is far more impressive than that which is occurring in San Jose, primarily because Columbus stands alone and it continues to prosper ... without being in very close proximity to another large population center, whereas San Jose definitely owes alot of it's growth and prosperity to it's close proximity to San Francisco and the rest of the bay area.
Silicon Valley is the largest generator of growth and prosperity in the region. If anything, the rest "owes" it (a silly notion).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City