Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:45 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times

Advertisements

Liam Howlett of The Prodigy guest mixing on Dallas' long running dance mix show, Edgeclub. This was before they ever became popular in the States.

Circa 1993

YouTube - Liam Howlett Guest Mix on Edge Club '94 Part 1

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTUc...eature=related

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihyk2...watch_response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 10:50 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,100,546 times
some of this stuff is catchy

Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 AM

170 posts, read 391,529 times
im not a house music fan really, but i think the biggest house track of all time is...

YouTube - ITS TIME FOR DA PERCULATOR

you can still play this at any party and get people to dance

Old 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,396 times
Top 5 (in no order) has to be

NYC
Vegas
Chicago
Miami
LA

Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM

895 posts, read 1,703,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Chicago

na but really, what cities have the best house music scene

i'm guessing Chicago, NYC, and Miami.
I need to comment on this because it's frustrating to me how people think of artists like Tiesto, Kaskade, Avicii, David Guetta, etc when they hear the term "house music." This is not genuine house music and truthfully is not much of a step up from pop music. I don't mean to sound pretentious or anything but I think it needs to addressed. Ultra/Electric Daisy headliners don't constitute genuine house music acts. These artists I consider to be more genuine house/trance acts.

Luigi Lusini - Waterfall - YouTube

Estiva - The Kingdom (Original Mix) - YouTube

6 Hour Deep House Lounge Music Mix by JaBig - Study, Background, Work Playlist - YouTube

More authentic.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:29 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,920,176 times
I'd say Miami, NYC, and Chicago (although the STRICTLY house music places in Chicago seem to be fading unfortunately). I'd bet Miami is #1 right now.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:35 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,537,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I need to comment on this because it's frustrating to me how people think of artists like Tiesto, Kaskade, Avicii, David Guetta, etc when they hear the term "house music." This is not genuine house music and truthfully is not much of a step up from pop music. I don't mean to sound pretentious or anything but I think it needs to addressed. Ultra/Electric Daisy headliners don't constitute genuine house music acts. These artists I consider to be more genuine house/trance acts.

6 Hour Deep House Lounge Music Mix by JaBig - Study, Background, Work Playlist - YouTube

More authentic.
did you post 6 hrs of house music? you, sir or ms, are awesome

gotta love miami b/c the house music never stops. if you're staying in a hotel on collins ave or ocean dr or wherever, you will hear house music on the elevator, lobby, outside the hotel, @ mcdonald's, @the cvs, etc.. at any hour. gotta love it

Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Last time I was in Chi-Town I was surprised to see suped-up rides full of young dudes blasting not hip-hop, but good ole'-fashioned Booty House. Man, I used to jam to that ish back in the mid-90's. Always loved booty / "ghetto" House, but Chicago has spawned many great genres of House music. Their DJ's used to fill the TO raves of the mid-90's before Jungle / Drum & Bass overshadowed house and techno in popularity and the Brits and Toronto DJ's became the stars of the Toronto rave scene.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post
im not a house music fan really, but i think the biggest house track of all time is...

YouTube - ITS TIME FOR DA PERCULATOR

you can still play this at any party and get people to dance
Man, I've heard SO MANY remixes of this track. Gotta be one of the biggest Chicago Booty tracks of all time.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I'd say Miami, NYC, and Chicago (although the STRICTLY house music places in Chicago seem to be fading unfortunately). I'd bet Miami is #1 right now.
I wouldn't say Miami is #1 even with Ultra and a few other festivals that they have. They're definitely growing but I'd put NYC, Chicago, and Vegas ahead of Miami for now. Vegas really gets underrated because people just expect it to be in Vegas but Vegas with EDC is much, much more house-centric than Ultra. You also have more clubs in Vegas than Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City