Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2014, 08:22 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
Galounger:
The City of Seattle and the Seattle Media go out of their way to the most positive spin for outsiders. For example, check out this one of Pioneer Square:

http://dguides.com/images/seattle/ar...eer-square.jpg

Compared to what it actually looks like on a regular basis:

http://northwestdharma.org/wp-conten...AL-PHOTO-1.jpg
What city doesn't do that? You went to the extreme a little but regardless, every city tries to show itself off in a good way. But no matter how you try to put Seattle down for whatever reason, many of us enjoyed living there and all it has to offer

Old 09-06-2014, 11:12 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
Galounger:
The City of Seattle and the Seattle Media go out of their way to the most positive spin for outsiders. For example, check out this one of Pioneer Square:

http://dguides.com/images/seattle/ar...eer-square.jpg

Compared to what it actually looks like on a regular basis:

http://northwestdharma.org/wp-conten...AL-PHOTO-1.jpg
Typical troll post from you again. No life, huh?

Don't even try to make it seem like Seattle is more shoddy than Atlanta. Fools errand.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:24 AM

415 posts, read 606,928 times
I am a vegetarian too. I definitely recommend Seattle over Atlanta for vegetarian food. Also cycling will suck in Atlanta because its pretty humid half the year. San Francisco being your favorite city also makes me think you would probably not like Atlanta. A guitar player would be a better fit in Seattle as well, since Atlanta is known for rap more than anything else music wise. That said, Atlanta is a great city! Either way, travel to both a couple of times and good luck!

Old 09-07-2014, 10:13 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
I am a vegetarian too. I definitely recommend Seattle over Atlanta for vegetarian food. Also cycling will suck in Atlanta because its pretty humid half the year. San Francisco being your favorite city also makes me think you would probably not like Atlanta. A guitar player would be a better fit in Seattle as well, since Atlanta is known for rap more than anything else music wise. That said, Atlanta is a great city! Either way, travel to both a couple of times and good luck!
I'm not as familiar with the none urban music scene in Atlanta as a lot of others but I do know enough to know that there are a ton of musical greats to come out of Atlanta and Georgia in all music genres and there are plenty of local groups playing live music at venues all over the metro. I would dare say that if he is seriously considering getting into the music industry Atlanta may even be better for him in that regards.

A bit of trivia. A certain guitar player that many consider to be in competition as greatest of all time that you from Seattle are I'm sure familiar with , Jimmy Hendrix, made the first huge leap in his career when he played for a band touring the South East led by a legendary musician from Georgia -Little Richard.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:35 PM

628 posts, read 1,436,570 times
Thank you for your responses, everyone. It is very appreciated, and it all has given me a lot to think about. To be honest, I feel that I should be more interested in Seattle, but Atlanta is appealing to me more. I really like how diverse Atlanta appears - both people and terrain-wise. It seems more gritty, urban, and real than Seattle. Also, in the end, what I want the most is a more cultured and exciting city to call home than Phoenix - although at a similar price point. Atlanta seems to offer this.

One thing about music: I like a lot of less popular and more abstract sub-genres of jazz, rock, and metal, etc. but I'm also a big fan of electronic music. I know of an electronic artist named Richard Devine who is based in Atlanta, but is there much of an electronica scene here at all? Not referring to mainstream edm/dubstep, fyi. Mainly drum n bass, techno, house, electro, idm, etc. I know Seattle does attract a fair share of this style and the city hosts the widely known Decibel Festival each year, but I again don't know anything about Atlanta in this regard.

Last edited by gearedtowardssalad; 09-07-2014 at 06:09 PM..

Old 09-07-2014, 05:38 PM

88 posts, read 107,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
Atlanta wins simply because of the weather.
Yes! Like that 2 inches of SNOW that paralyzed Atlanta for a week?
PS? The only thing you need to know about Atlanta and it's music scene is to turn on VH-1 and watch "Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta!

Atlanta has no EDM scene in the South! That scene belongs to Miami & the Ultra Music Festival held every year.

This is in downtown Miami :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U5dCKMjYr0

You will never see that in Atlanta in front of skyscrapers!

Last edited by Miami3; 09-07-2014 at 05:52 PM..

Old 09-07-2014, 05:42 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,888,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
This is silly. Whatever pictures you've seen, people in fact enjoy the water in Seattle. Swimming, boating, walking along the beach, whale watching, dining on the water, it's all done in Seattle. All this talk about people not enjoying the water is just ridiculous. The water is part of the enjoyment of living there.
I don't see bikinis. I see parkas and wetsuits. There is nothing sexier than a chick on a beach...huddled by a fire wearing layers of clothing. Yeah, right.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:06 PM

628 posts, read 1,436,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami3 View Post
Yes! Like that 2 inches of SNOW that paralyzed Atlanta for a week?
PS? The only thing you need to know about Atlanta and it's music scene is to turn on VH-1 and watch "Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta!

Atlanta has no EDM scene in the South! That scene belongs to Miami & the Ultra Music Festival held every year.

This is in downtown Miami :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U5dCKMjYr0

You will never see that in Atlanta in front of skyscrapers!
Sorry, like I said in the previous post, I have no interest in "EDM" or brostep, or Ultra, or Miami at all. I'm interested in real electronic music. Thank you, though.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:36 PM

555 posts, read 803,005 times
Gatzby:
"No life huh?"

So ummm....like what are YOU doing running around City-Data defending Seattle and putting down anybody who says otherwise?

Let's not forget that trolls can be unquestioning defenders of a cause, too.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:42 PM

555 posts, read 803,005 times
Gearedtowardssalad:
I think you'll like Atlanta a lot more. It's said to be an up-and-coming city; the Pacific Northwest was big in the 90s, but the better days are behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City