Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 12:06 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,971,438 times

Advertisements

I think Northwest Arkansas has a good 4 seasons climate also or at least thats my opinion
-WT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 01:12 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,658 times
Atlanta for me. Winter only has short spells of cold, ice & gloom. Outside of the pollen, spring is gorgeous. Summer is hot but not unbearable (like in southern Georgia or Texas) and has frequent thundershowers. Fall is amazing dry air with beautiful foliage.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:21 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,706,855 times
The Southeast has the best weather if you are looking for 4 seasons. You get awesome spring and falls, hot but not awful summers, and cold but not Alaska cold winters.

The lower Midwest is a runner up. You get similar seasons, but the winters are colder and snowy.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:53 PM

79 posts, read 133,660 times
Depends on what season you like. I personally don't like Winter at all so probably San Diego.........

Old 10-13-2016, 04:17 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,451,998 times
Somewhere like Omaha, Minneapolis, Madison, Chicago, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Boston..

Old 10-13-2016, 05:04 PM

80 posts, read 96,710 times
I think some people are confusing best unique four seasons weather with best three seasons weather. If it hardly ever snows or stays cold enough for the snow to stick on the ground, that hardly constitutes a winter. The argument should be about which city has the best of each season with the right combination of precipitation and humidity to make each season as nearly ideal as possible. If that means simply a milder winter, in some people's opinion, that's fine (as long as it's still a winter).

Old 10-14-2016, 11:12 AM

536 posts, read 639,005 times
Piedmont Triad, NC.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:50 PM

571 posts, read 1,172,907 times
I'm going to vouch for either the Spokane/Coeur d' Alene area of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho or possibly Boise as far as mid sized (around 700,000) cities with a true 4 season climate. I grew up in the former area and we had reliably warm, sunny summers with next to zero humidity. Fall is beautiful in the forests surround the area, and spring is always welcome as winters can get quite cold and snowy on occasion. Not a bad thing though with all of the ski areas close by.

Old 10-14-2016, 02:52 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,055,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor View Post
I think some people are confusing best unique four seasons weather with best three seasons weather. If it hardly ever snows or stays cold enough for the snow to stick on the ground, that hardly constitutes a winter. The argument should be about which city has the best of each season with the right combination of precipitation and humidity to make each season as nearly ideal as possible. If that means simply a milder winter, in some people's opinion, that's fine (as long as it's still a winter).
But why does a snow pack need to be possible for there to be a "winter"? If most trees are dormant and it's below forty at night, then I think it's still winter.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:17 PM

80 posts, read 96,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialmostforgot View Post
But why does a snow pack need to be possible for there to be a "winter"? If most trees are dormant and it's below forty at night, then I think it's still winter.
I have considered that. That's getting to the point where it's just barely a fourth season but is starting to merge into the others. If that would be considered a winter, is there anything good about the season at all? Too cold to do warm weather activities outside, but not cold enough for any winter activities. Just, a cold, dead season in general. You might be getting a beautiful spring and fall, while compromising with a hot summer and worthless winter.
I guess my point is just that you want to be far enough north where all the seasons are distinct and have their own benefits, but not so far north that summer is only occasionally hot enough for swimming, etc...

Just want to differentiate best four seasons from best weather in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City