Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:01 AM

117 posts, read 330,807 times

Advertisements

This thread isn't a " Whats the best climate" This is a you thread. It's what Climate you prefer. Choose the climate you Prefer and you may explain why. Then explain why you don't prefer the other climates If You Want!! Then Name cities that have the climate you prefer!!! I respect everyones opinion after all not everyone prefers the same weather!!! Let me start off first!!! I'm not gonna add a Poll to this thread but if you want one just tell me

After living in California all my Life I Prefer Warm. Anywhere from 70's to mid 80's is perfect for me!!

Hot: sometimes it depends if it's like 90's to 100's I can tolerate it but if its like Phoenix 115+ It's do much and its very irritating!!

Humid Hot: I'm not a fan of. I Prefer Dry Heat over Humid.

The Cold: I traveled to New England/ NorthEast I don't like the cold! It follows me eveywhere plus I hate when my hands, ears, and nose get cold!!

My Prefered Climate Cities: LA, San Diego, Houston, Miami (Winters)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 05:41 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,194,814 times
I like where I live.

People make it seem like its cold year round.

And I like the cold because hot all the time does get boring/tiring.

Opens up new things to do when its cold.

And going up a mountain for a winter experience is not the same as it coming to you.
That grinds my gears when people say that.

I don't like hot weather anyway so a cooldown i s much appreciated

Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
I like warm but not hot. Heat is better to me with a steady trade wind if it's humid, but overall I prefer a dry heat.

I like cold, but not bitter. I also prefer a drier, sunnier winter climate as the lower humidity and sun makes the cold feel quite pleasant.

The areas in the US w/ the best climate for me are in the Rockies (Colorado Front Range, Utah, northern New Mexico, southern Idaho, northwestern Nevada, and northern Arizona).

After that, my next two choices would be a Mediterranean climate (SoCal) or temperate maritime climate (PNW).

The worst climates for me are either sultry, hot & humid (Houston, S FL, New Orleans) or bone-chilling winters (Duluth, Fargo, Marquette).

Old 09-13-2010, 06:19 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
I'll be the first person to admit I HATE the cold. However for some reason it bothers me when people say things like "Cold Cities" as if it's always cold lol. Sorry to go off topic for a minute.

I like Heat so Hot it is, can't stand Winter even though it lasts 3 months, warm isn't warm enough for me.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:14 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,205,685 times
I like snow and cool (Bone-chilling cold can be annoying, but I can deal with it). I hate heat (specifically, I get uncomfortable outside once temperatures are in the upper 70s).

My favorite US city? Anchorage. It doesn't get too cold in the winter due to the oceanic influence, but because of its latitude, it gets cold enough to have snow on the ground in the winter. Other good cities would be Flagstaff and Burlington, VT.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
I like 4 seasons. The weather lately has been nice been. It's warm, breezy, and cools down nicely after sunset. Fall is definitely my favorite season (60s-Upper 30s). I love winter, the snow makes the season and holidays seem worthwhile. I can tolerate cold weather well- I've gotten a nickname for it in HS because of it- "Bear"

People complain about shoveling snow- but pay people to mow their lawn all summer because "it's too hot". I always did these things myself because I like the work. Maybe it's just me, but I never minded shoveling snow.

I sweat more than the average person. Anything above 85 can be very uncomfortable for me unless I'm by a body of water. I hate getting ready for work and looking nice, only to be at work sweating like a pig from the way there. Hot car < Cold car

Year round warm weather is just not something I'm used to, I think the idea is unattractive. I went to Florida one Christmas and it was 75 degrees on Christmas day! I was disappointed.

Last edited by BPerone201; 09-13-2010 at 11:12 AM..

Old 09-13-2010, 12:33 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,194,814 times
That's true... the heat your car collects during hot days... SUCKS.

And winter outerwear is a lot easier to mix and match imo.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:33 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times
Temps in the 70's with low humidity are okay. Anything above 80, and it's too much. Low humidity helps a little in the 80's but it's still a bit too hot. I could happily live the rest of my life without experiencing temperatures above 85.
My ideal temps are in the 20-60 range.
Zero and sub-zero are tolerable. It's easier for me to bundle up in cold than walk around half-naked (and still be sweating like crazy) in hot weather. Plus, heating a house is cheaper/easier than keeping one cool. There are at least three common options for heat, and just one for cool. Nothing is cheaper than wood heat, and it's replenishable. So-called "perfect" climates are crowded and expensive. Besides, I like green grass and four seasons.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:33 PM

117 posts, read 330,807 times
Come on more posts I want to know You more!! Any pictures of Snow?? This thread Is all you "You", nobody will manipulate your opinion!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:58 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
I love the 4 seasons. As much as most people hate winter, I have to say when it gets to October and the temps start dropping and getting crisp, I LOVE it. I anticipate winter by the time it finally comes around. Then by February I'm ready for warm weather again, which starts coming in from March through May.

I really dig the constant ebbs and flows of the weather here. I also laugh when people say stuff like it's winter for 6 months of the year, or ask if it's going to snow in September, haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City