Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what you like better
Atlanta area 45 33.83%
NYC 84 63.16%
Neither 4 3.01%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 PM

908 posts, read 1,828,480 times

Advertisements

I prefer NYC's vibrancy and diversity. Atlanta is Ok but not diverse and almost completely African American. New York easily wins with me.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:53 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,399,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
I prefer NYC's vibrancy and diversity. Atlanta is Ok but not diverse and almost completely African American. New York easily wins with me.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
african americans make up no more than 35% of greater atlanta. the metro area is still predominately white

Old 10-04-2010, 10:07 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times
Quote:
smh

Old 10-04-2010, 10:08 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
eek give it up honey.. you know well as I know you can go to many nieghborhoods in NYC. and see trash and rats the size of a great dane running thru the streets.. Im not bating people.. im sharing my experiences., just like you share you experiences and ignorant views on the south. Now that its been thrown back at you its a different story. I dont know what fantasyland you are trying to betray to people that NYC is this Fab place that has no issues.. Public transportation is the least of my worries and I could care less about who rides and how many people are cramed in those trains, how world class it is, how long it runs etc.. Its not impressive to me.. im more impressed with the history of NYC than the subway system.. Like I said before Its sad to see how you validate your entire life and self-esteem on the place you live.. I bet It gives you a rush just being able to boast NYC.. Well calm down I dont want you to have a stroke trying to praise your belove NYC...

This type of Rhetoric is lost to new yorkers. I've lived here all my life along with 8 plus million and never seen a rat the size of a great dane. And YOU HAVE NOT BEEN IN NYC LONG ENOUGH TO EVEN WARRANT AN OPINION.PERIOD. The history of present nyc is intertwined with our subway system wth are you talking about. Fck oudda here

Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
Quote:
eek give it up honey.. you know well as I know you can go to many nieghborhoods in NYC. and see trash and rats the size of a great dane running thru the streets.. Im not bating people.. im sharing my experiences., just like you share you experiences and ignorant views on the south. Now that its been thrown back at you its a different story. I dont know what fantasyland you are trying to betray to people that NYC is this Fab place that has no issues.. Public transportation is the least of my worries and I could care less about who rides and how many people are cramed in those trains, how world class it is, how long it runs etc.. Its not impressive to me.. im more impressed with the history of NYC than the subway system.. Like I said before Its sad to see how you validate your entire life and self-esteem on the place you live.. I bet It gives you a rush just being able to boast NYC.. Well calm down I dont want you to have a stroke trying to praise your belove NYC...
listen...or rather read...

your posts are laughable. they're so far from the truth...its clear that you're trolling and trying to bait ppl into an endless argument.

i'm done participating, tho. its not "fun" when somebody is just making stuff up so that someone can post a response to it and then they keep going, drag it out, etc. etc.

that ish is tired. bout to put you on ignore in a sec.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 PM

468 posts, read 789,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
actually nevermind. its not even worth discussing mass transit in this thread.
nyc completely trumps atl in this category. its laughable that it was even brought up. come on.

even with a handicap...
take half the train lines away and it would still trump atl. take 75% away and it would STILL trump atl. this is ridiculous.

really?

LMAO Are you done lets see NYC YOU TALK ABOUT MARTA, Ill talk about the filthy streets..Unfortunately, running into a filthy mess like this
is a fact of life in New York

Old 10-04-2010, 10:23 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,271 times
Quote:
LMAO Are you done lets see NYC YOU TALK ABOUT MARTA, Ill talk about the filthy streets..Unfortunately, running into a filthy mess like this
is a fact of life in New York

Lol this is heaven. Idiot dont u know that those pics are atleast ten to twenty years old.lol. Nyc doesnt even use those garbage cans anymore lol nyc in 2010 meaning right now. Does not look like that

Old 10-04-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
This type of Rhetoric is lost to new yorkers. I've lived here all my life along with 8 plus million and never seen a rat the size of a great dane. And YOU HAVE NOT BEEN IN NYC LONG ENOUGH TO EVEN WARRANT AN OPINION.PERIOD. The history of present nyc is intertwined with our subway system wth are you talking about. Fck oudda here
\

Dont get your panties wet KONY its only the beginning. You havent been down south long enough to voice the retarded opinions you have on the south..

Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
listen...or rather read...

your posts are laughable. they're so far from the truth...its clear that you're trolling and trying to bait ppl into an endless argument.

i'm done participating, tho. its not "fun" when somebody is just making stuff up so that someone can post a response to it and then they keep going, drag it out, etc. etc.

that ish is tired. bout to put you on ignore in a sec.

Boy you know its the truth.. im not trolling im only doing what you have been doing to southern cities since you been on here.. whats so different from what im doing than what you have done.. Im not making it up its true and you know it.. When you respect my region ill respect yours until then we can go back and forth. Just go back and read your post history and lets see who was trolling and making false narrow minded comments.. Your boosterism anad homerism is whats laughable...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City