Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best downtown?
Philadelphia 120 45.28%
Boston 99 37.36%
DC 46 17.36%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I'm pretty sure you guys lost every non-black person on this thread, I don't think anybody understands what you are talking about anymore.
Haha. He had no idea I knew so much about "da city." I know every inch and corner of that town. I don't even think he lives in DC. I'm pretty sure he lives in one of those outdated apartment complexes in Lanham or Laurel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,748,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Haha. I've already proved I know more about DC than you do. You say some pretty questionable things about DC sometimes. I bet you still get lost in the city, don't you? That's what happens when you spend all of your time in a dingy apartment off Route 197 in Laurel. LOL.

What do you know about cabarets?

What do you know about being "bunned up?

What do you know about being "cysed?"

What you know about foam posits?

What you know about Harley Davidson gear?

What you about tye-dye tee shirts and slouch socks?

What you know about Shooters, We R One, All Dayz, Madness and DTTP?

What you know about Banneker, Wilson, Deal, Hobson, Jefferson, Woodson, Cardozo, Roosevelt, Ballou, Walls and Eastern?

What you know about "Burrie Farms," "Da 6-40," and "Uptown?"

What you know about that "lover?"
What are you talking about? You sound like a bamma. What does the fact that you lived here so you saw what We do have to do with you being out of touch now? You just said there aren't packed out GoGo every night which shows you are out of touch. I USED to wear City Life, Madness, After Dark etc. that was about 10 years ago though. And we say Moe, not young. You sound like somebody who grew up in the 70's telling there grown kids words they used to say. Your out of touch, give it up.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
I've been to the Ritz and DC live. DC live didn't even close down till after I was out of High School. You however know nothing about GoGo other than back in 1998 etc. Have you been to the Trade Winds to see a band post year 2000? Have you been to La Fontain Bleu? Have you been to the DC Star? Have you been to Club Elite? Have you been to MaryGolds? You are so out of date, how can you even have a conversation about GoGo? When was the last time you saw a band? I can guartantee you have never seen any current bands or attended any shows. Talking like you actually know what is going in the DMV!
Well, it's clear you have poor taste in Go-Go if you're bringing up bands like TCB. My 14-year old cousins love them and go to all of their high school Go-Gos! LOL. Do you wear skinny jeans and thick-framed glasses when you go?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Haha. He had no idea I knew so much about "da city." I know every inch and corner of that town. I don't even think he lives in DC. I'm pretty sure he lives in one of those outdated apartment complexes in Lanham or Laurel.
Your 50 years old and you have proved it by your outdated slang and your grey hair GoGo bands you saw when you were younger.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? You sound like a bamma. What does the fact that you lived here so you saw what We do have to do with you being out of touch now? You just said there aren't packed out GoGo every night which shows you are out of touch. I USED to wear City Life, Madness, After Dark etc. that was about 10 years ago though. And we say Moe, not young. You sound like somebody who grew up in the 70's telling there grown kids words they used to say. Your out of touch, give it up.
So let me get this straight.

You are a 20-something year-old professional, you say words like "Moe," and you still go to Go-Gos?

That's P.G. County for ya.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Your 50 years old and you have proved it by your outdated slang and your grey hair GoGo bands you saw when you were younger.
So you live in Waldorf, Temple Hills or Crofton? Which one is it? I know you don't live in DC.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Well, it's clear you have poor taste in Go-Go if you're bringing up bands like TCB. My 14-year old cousins love them and go to all of their high school Go-Gos! LOL. Do you wear skinny jeans and thick-framed glasses when you go?
The fact that your son is in high school tells me all I need to know about you. How old are you?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
The fact that your son is in high school tells me all I need to know about you. How old are you?
As my cousins in DC say, "Pull out your license!" You do not have a District of Columbia driver's license. You are a MARYLANDER. That's why your name is "MD" AllStar. LOL.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:54 PM

78 posts, read 157,251 times
Quote:
He said cousins...

Old 03-22-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
So you live in Waldorf, Temple Hills or Crofton? Which one is it? I know you don't live in DC.
What are you talking about? I live in Uptown and so does my whole family. We are also from America. We didn't come over on the banana boat like you and your family from Jamica in the early 90's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City