Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 04:41 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times

Advertisements

It's in the title !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 10:45 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
For Raleigh, here are some projects that I think are to be completed in 2011:
Rendering, Green Square, Raleigh, U.S.A., Photo, Stock Image, Photograph | Emporis.com (http://www.emporis.com/application/?nav=image&id=444810 - broken link)
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (http://www.rdu.com/terminal2/index.htm - broken link)
Under construction but won't be done in 2011: WakeGOV.com - Wake County Justice Center Project

For Miami Beach, we have one really exciting project being completed in 2011. It's Frank Gehry's new home for the New World Symphony.
http://www.parkerinternational.com/M...spx?ImageId=34
Frank Gehry: New World Symphony - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/didier/sets/72157625581087196/comments/ - broken link)

Old 12-27-2010, 12:20 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,450,597 times
Okay I won't tell you guys bout Manhattan. . . BUT I will show you Brooklyn 2011 and beyond. I'll just say our borough is really coming into it's own, but we're still apart of NYC! =)

Brooklyn - New York City

City Point (I'll always miss Albee Sq. Mall But. . .)

The Brooklyn Arena

Brooklyn Bridge Park - (Major Renovation + More than this picture)

Please view this link (animation) first before looking at the next picture - - - Notice the huge difference? - - - Click Here

Here's the best video to sum up what's going to be Brooklyn's Skyline. Brooklyn 2012

One more animation - Willoughby Square

+ More stuff I don't feel like linking/searching for! =)

Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 AM

450 posts, read 1,407,212 times
2011 will be a very quiet year for developments finishing in L.A. Lots of smaller projects with apartments and some university buildings, but nothing huge like the huge developments of 2009 or 2010. The one big thing will be the Expo Line's Phase 1 opening day in 2011. Otherwise look to 2012-2020 for some of the most exciting developments in L.A. to finish up or break ground.

LA Metro Expo Line Phase 1 (Downtown to Culver City on westside)- L.A.'s 4th light rail line

Old 12-27-2010, 09:34 AM

10,750 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Four years ago this thread would have had much more content. Unfortunately the state of the American economy seems to have put American ambition and inginuity on hold. Sucks, because I think most of us on C-D love seeing what new buildings are rising and new rail lines will be constructed. That's what originally got my attention to come to this forum back in 2006. The 2000's were a remarkable decade for many American cities like the Miami skyline doubling in size with much density, and evolving edge cities with modern contemporary skylijnes like Bellevue, WA. And although there are still some major infrastructure projects underway here and there, there's not enough and it seems as if some other world economies will be advancing ahead of us, and already have.

On a side note though I like the proposed developments posted in Brooklyn above, quite impressive. Seems Jersey was geting all the sunshine, and I didn't even know Brooklyn had such big plans for new development.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Four years ago this thread would have had much more content. Unfortunately the state of the American economy seems to have put American ambition and inginuity on hold. Sucks, because I think most of us on C-D love seeing what new buildings are rising and new rail lines will be constructed. That's what originally got my attention to come to this forum back in 2006. The 2000's were a remarkable decade for many American cities like the Miami skyline doubling in size with much density, and evolving edge cities with modern contemporary skylijnes like Bellevue, WA. And although there are still some major infrastructure projects underway here and there, there's not enough and it seems as if some other world economies will be advancing ahead of us, and already have.

On a side note though I like the proposed developments posted in Brooklyn above, quite impressive. Seems Jersey was geting all the sunshine, and I didn't even know Brooklyn had such big plans for new development.
I know great projects are underway in Houston and Dallas.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 AM

450 posts, read 1,407,212 times
OP- Are you looking for projects that will be complete in 2011 or anything happening in 2011 and beyond??? Lots of posters put proposed projects that haven't broken ground or even close to finishing yet like American Commerce Center, Philly Live, City Point that are looking at finishing up in 2012 or later.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:58 AM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Dallas---a few projects---(the projects are under construction)

Omni Convention Center Hotel

Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge

Museum Tower

The Park (Woodall Rodgers Deck Park)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12S7ouU1pWo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City