Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 03:16 PM

5 posts, read 11,080 times

Advertisements

I'm headed off to college in 6 months and wondering which can appeal to what I want. I'm from LA and only been to San Fran out of the three. I'm looking for a place where public transport can get you everywhere which is almost all them. I want a good college city. In San Fran I'm looking at SFU, in NYC I'm looking at NYU or Kings College and in DC I'm looking at district of Columbia college. If anyone's been to all of these places i'd love to here your input. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 03:19 PM

27,213 posts, read 28,295,642 times
UDC does not have a good reputation in the DC area. There are several much better universities here. How can you be looking at NYU and UDC?

Old 11-21-2010, 03:57 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,704,174 times
UDC is a commuter school and will not provide you with the college experience of SFU and NYU. DC has great public transit though, in my opinion better than NYC, but in NYC you will likely only be in Manhattan. DC public transit is much cleaner than NYC too.

DC is a great college city. Lots of good colleges around and it is smaller, so you will tend to see people you know everywhere, unlike in NYC.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:09 PM

63 posts, read 351,933 times
UDC has a terrible rep in the DMV.
You should look at other DC universites like Howard or GWU.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:13 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,285,866 times
All three are great college cities. Pick the best, most challenging school that you can get into.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 PM

27,213 posts, read 28,295,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkin View Post
UDC has a terrible rep in the DMV.
You should look at other DC universites like Howard or GWU.
Or Georgetown, Catholic, American, UMD, George Mason.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:26 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,573,053 times
I've been to all three cities. Based on the choices given I'd take NYU without a 2nd thought.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
In Terms of City:

I view San Francisco to be the Left Hand, Washington DC to be the Right Hand, and New York City to be the Heart. These are the three most powerful cities in the country (and their Metropolitan areas) and this being said in my opinion. (Which I actually would be willing to back up)

So any of these would be great choices. If going off the city, I certainly would pick New York City as top pick for college, the atmosphere is worth it in all honesty, especially for a college student.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifkid3 View Post
I want a good college city. In San Fran I'm looking at SFU, in NYC I'm looking at NYU or Kings College and in DC I'm looking at district of Columbia college. If anyone's been to all of these places i'd love to here your input. Thanks
I personally would go with New York University there, NYU is a great school. And definitely in a great setting. Also I probably would recommend adding more options in the New York City, Bay Area, & Washington DC-Baltimore, areas just to get more options.

Personally I would go with the best school I get into, and if they were close, then I would base if off the city. In this case NYU is tops for both school and city (in my opinion).

All three are great cities though, none of them will disappoint.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 PM

5 posts, read 11,080 times
Not based off the colleges, which is the best.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:57 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,659,862 times
NYU is the best College and location of the college on your list.
Nyc is also arguably the better city,depending on how much city you really want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City