Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Pretty much, I'm saying the "nightlife" as far as hip hop clubs is overrated in most major cities. I say this not because the clubs arent great but because you usually can find the same types of hip hop clubs in med-sized urban areas.

I called out ATL because it's a name people just throw out there because alot of rappers are from there.

There are hip hop clubs with great DJs, active dance floors and fine women in Detroit, New Orleans, Birmingham, Houston etc. where you can have just as good of a time as you do in ATL. Same thing for small or mid-sized metros with a significant black pop....Macon, Savannah, Augusta, Montgomery, Mobile, etc.
I honestly don't understand how people say ATL is the capital for attractive black women. I mean when you take into account that many of them aren't from there. So I do understand that part. But I've been to clubs in Detroit (of course), ATL and Tampa/Orlando/Daytona and just from those I can see differences. So to say all hip hop clubs are the same is ridiculous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Posted this before. This is for Houston.
:: inDmix.com ::

Old 11-23-2010, 07:38 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,770,448 times
I already did, Spade. Now, you know I have Houston's back! LOL!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:39 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,098,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I honestly don't understand how people say ATL is the capital for attractive black women. I mean when you take into account that many of them aren't from there. So I do understand that part. But I've been to clubs in Detroit (of course), ATL and Tampa/Orlando/Daytona and just from those I can see differences. So to say all hip hop clubs are the same is ridiculous
True@bolded

as for the other part, it's not that I'm saying all hip hop clubs are the same (I commented on that earlier and disagreed with sk8t) but it's just that the selection of various types of hip hop clubs in ATL really hasnt even been too much different than I can find here in middle ga, and this is just a random small/medium metro most havent even heard of.

In other words, I really want to know why ATL would be so much better to party in than other major cities. I just personally didnt see it. They have great hip hop clubs but so does any other place with alot of black people lol.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,400,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
Probably Atlanta since it is the black mecca.
Quote:
At that rate, I have to wonder how ATL can be that much better than other major cities with a large black population like Detroit, Chicago, Philly, NY, LA, Cleveland, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, etc.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:47 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,349 times
Quote:
True@bolded

as for the other part, it's not that I'm saying all hip hop clubs are the same (I commented on that earlier and disagreed with sk8t) but it's just that the selection of various types of hip hop clubs in ATL really hasnt even been too much different than I can find here in middle ga, and this is just a random small/medium metro most havent even heard of.

In other words, I really want to know why ATL would be so much better to party in than other major cities. I just personally didnt see it. They have great hip hop clubs but so does any other place with alot of black people lol.
Oh no I was just saying "in general" . I agree with you for the most part. That's like me saying there is a huge difference between clubs in Flint, Detroit and Pontiac. Of course they're not going to be much different. Although I haven't been to any club in Macon I can see how you would say there isn't much difference than the A. But my whole thing, why I made this thread, is really to compare/contrast hip hop clubs from different regions. Hip hop differs from region to region so its only fair that you would think the clubs would too

Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times
[quote=King_X;16765402]Pretty much, I'm saying the "nightlife" as far as hip hop clubs is overrated in most major cities. I say this not because the clubs arent great but because you usually can find the same types of hip hop clubs in med-sized urban areas.

I called out ATL because it's a name people just throw out there because alot of rappers are from there.

There are hip hop clubs with great DJs, active dance floors and fine women in Detroit, New Orleans, Birmingham, Houston etc. where you can have just as good of a time as you do in ATL. Same thing for small or mid-sized metros with a significant black pop....Macon, Savannah, Augusta, Montgomery, Mobile, etc.[/QUOTE

I respect your opinion.. But answer this why do so many celebs, world famous djs love coming to atlanta to party,? Why do so many people come near and far to engage in the hip hop night club scene in atlanta if they can get the same experiences in there home towns.. Why do they keep coming back..

so in macon I can get the same atmosphere as I get in havanna club, Gold room , tongue and groove club opera, esso night club etc. these are my fav spots...

Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,098,018 times
[quote=MikeandIke27;16765806]
Quote:
Pretty much, I'm saying the "nightlife" as far as hip hop clubs is overrated in most major cities. I say this not because the clubs arent great but because you usually can find the same types of hip hop clubs in med-sized urban areas.

There are hip hop clubs with great DJs, active dance floors and fine women in Detroit, New Orleans, Birmingham, Houston etc. where you can have just as good of a time as you do in ATL. Same thing for small or mid-sized metros with a significant black pop....Macon, Savannah, Augusta, Montgomery, Mobile, etc.[/QUOTE

I respect your opinion.. But answer this why do so many celebs, world famous djs love coming to atlanta to party,? Why do so many people come near and far to engage in the hip hop night club scene in atlanta if they can get the same experiences in there home towns.. Why do they keep coming back..

so in macon I can get the same atmosphere as I get in havanna club, Gold room , tongue and groove club opera, esso night club etc. these are my fav spots...

gotta read my 1st post man.....I've been to alot of spots up there, and I named them. I acknowledged that my opinion was based only off the places I've been.

I dont know about those places but thanks for the heads up. I guess me and my team need to check those spots out because the places we went to just didnt seem to much better than here.

But still, do other major cities such as Houston not have similar spots?

Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,770,448 times
I think Houston and Atlanta are on the same level when it comes to the hip hop scene. Check out the website that Spade and I provided.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
[quote=King_X;16765894]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post

But still, do other major cities such as Houston not have similar spots?
They should but I haven't been down in Houston in a while. At least to club and party. Jluke or somebody would have to tell you. Houston has always been a popular spot. Big Tigger and Joe Clair use to always talk about the clubs in Houston back in the old rap city days and they loved to go party down there. It just does not get the attention like Atlanta does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City