U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 12:58 AM

9 posts, read 33,060 times

Advertisements

Hello. My wife and I are looking for a nice place to start a family and we were wondering about a preview of the following cities mentioned above.
Sorry for the long list but we're just trying to figure out how we can learn about each of the eight cities I mentioned.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 AM

759 posts, read 1,750,515 times
That's a pretty long list, with wildly divergent cities.

What are you looking for? Urban? Suburban?

I mean, are you looking for Manhattan? Exurban Michigan? Something in between?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 AM

23,120 posts, read 37,231,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
That's a pretty long list, with wildly divergent cities.

What are you looking for? Urban? Suburban?

I mean, are you looking for Manhattan? Exurban Michigan? Something in between?
Agree. Not many are going to take the time to analyze every single city you list here.
I would suggest breaking them up, consider and communicate what your specific needs are, and post on these cities' respective forum.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:36 AM

Well were looking to start off in the city and then say maybe after 5 years try the suburbs of that same area.
Were also looking for a good education for our future children. Hope that helps.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:24 AM

5,522 posts, read 12,705,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqh595 View Post
Well were looking to start off in the city and then say maybe after 5 years try the suburbs of that same area.
Were also looking for a good education for our future children. Hope that helps.
Is this a serious request?

Given the vagueness of your inquiry, all I can say is all these cities have nice areas as well as some not so nice areas. All of them have suburbs. Some are nice with good schools, some are not so nice with bad schools. Many people choose to live and raise kids in each of these different areas. Some areas are more expensive and some are cheaper. Some areas are colder and some are hotter. Some areas are more crowded and some are less crowded. Some areas have more amenities, some have less amenities.

Hope that helps!

Old 11-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Now to be a little more specific with my question, in addition to great education for our future kids I'd like to add that we would prefer a place with a nice economy around the city.
Also we would prefer a smaller city but one that has the culture and lifestyle that a big city would have.
And lastly, we would like a city with people on the more open, friendly and laid-back side.
Where of these eight mentioned would be a nice fit for most of the things I mentioned?
Hope I made myself clearer.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:03 PM

766 posts, read 1,686,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqh595 View Post
Now to be a little more specific with my question, in addition to great education for our future kids I'd like to add that we would prefer a place with a nice economy around the city.
Also we would prefer a smaller city but one that has the culture and lifestyle that a big city would have.
And lastly, we would like a city with people on the more open, friendly and laid-back side.
Where of these eight mentioned would be a nice fit for most of the things I mentioned?
Hope I made myself clearer.
I'd say Seattle. Great all around city.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:08 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,014,078 times
Des Moines, Iowa.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:12 PM

759 posts, read 1,750,515 times
All these cities have what you're looking for.

Evey Metro in the U.S. has areas with good schools, nice houses, recreation, culture etc.

So, IMO, you need to have more specific requirements for us to help you.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:17 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,014,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
All these cities have what you're looking for.

Evey Metro in the U.S. has areas with good schools, nice houses, recreation, culture etc.

So, IMO, you need to have more specific requirements for us to help you.
He would also like an area with water, trees, and grass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or