Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Queen City of the plains or City of Angels?
SoCal (L.A.) 188 65.73%
Front Range (Denver) 98 34.27%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:12 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Not really. LA has multiple hubs, which is why DTLA hasn't gotten the love like other cities do. I want DTLA to improve but I also want our other hubs to improve and not get neglected, which is why I'm ok with DTLA not getting all the projects. I'm fine with an equal distribution of development throughout the city. Some of the cities with great downtowns aren't perfect by any stretch.
I probably know LA real estate and projects better than you by an extreme margin to put it polity thanks for the imput.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 11:17 PM

LA proper is not just a total joke with the immediate locals coastal ventura, OC.San DIego; it's no hold barred considered the laughing stock of the West Coast..it's laughable to say people envy LA...Coastal OC, Santa Barbara, LA Jolla. Jelousy for sure..LA..Lol pleeeeeease.THank God I don't live in that hell hole anymore.seriously. Denver over LA....all day every day and twice on Tuesday.

'

Old 12-17-2013, 12:16 AM

Having livee in both ...what is funny is a souless place like LA competing with the edge of the Rockies..home 5o Vail, and Aspen more xpensive thwn ANYWHERE in the entire state of Caliifornia.
Sorry kiddies..wanna play that game California lover's.you will lose fast.
Boasting about tome prices.Period..Colorado mountains command higher psf.than CAlifornia

Old 12-17-2013, 12:19 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
LA proper is not just a total joke with the immediate locals coastal ventura, OC.San DIego; it's no hold barred considered the laughing stock of the West Coast..it's laughable to say people envy LA...Coastal OC, Santa Barbara, LA Jolla. Jelousy for sure..LA..Lol pleeeeeease.THank God I don't live in that hell hole anymore.seriously. Denver over LA....all day every day and twice on Tuesday.

'
Santa Barbara is a lovely town but coastal areas of Orange County are nice to visit but could never live in gated, cul de sac suburbia. And after the 50ish white woman gave me her ticket to get her car in valet when I was standing there waiting for my car too, I was through. I love living in Los Angeles. Orange County, no thanks. Denver is ok but I'd much rather live in L.A.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post

'
But according to all the LA boosters, everyone is "jealous" of LA. Who wouldn't want to live in a little bungalow house with bars on every window, barbed wire lining every fence, pit bulls roaming the street, and strip malls extending ad infinitum. Don't forget that lovely 27% poverty rate and LAUSD having 23 of the 39 lowest performing schools in the state of California.

I mean... why wouldn't you not want to live there instead of unappealing cities like Santa Barbara, Thousand Oaks, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, San Diego...

Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 AM

572 posts, read 708,393 times

Old 12-17-2013, 12:58 AM

[quote=GatsbyGatz;32642565]But according to all the LA boosters, everyone is "jealous" of LA. Who wouldn't want to live in a little bungalow house with bars on every window, barbed wire lining every fence, pit bulls roaming the street, and strip malls extending ad infinitum. Don't forget that lovely 27% poverty rate and LAUSD having 23 of the 39 lowest performing schools in the state of California.

I mean... why wouldn't you not want to live there instead of unappealing cities like Santa Barbara, Thousand Oaks, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, San Diego...[/QUOTE
Wtf are you saying..who in there right mind wants to live LA proper..

Old 12-17-2013, 04:31 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,532 times
I was being sarcastic, Scott I was trying to say that LA's superior neighboring cities steal much of its thunder.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
I was being sarcastic, Scott I was trying to say that LA's superior neighboring cities steal much of its thunder.
You say you live in a grat place but it currently isn't here in Mexico... I mean LA..I live in the united states..
In Orange County..I am a white peson your have heard the term gringo right..the only thing more offensive than this is the truth LA- the 2.0 eny of everyone..we are all just salivating over Mexico..I mean LA
....I mean Mexico CIty your home town..sorry always get 5hose two confused.is amazinging. I live in the United States.. (Orange County) it' s where we conitnued the ritual of the United States. To be absolutly fair, Denver does this as well unlike Mexico.and Mexio 2.0..I mean LA. Los Angeles was a amazing circa 1980's. Denver more than hold its own..Southern California ..south of LA can't beat it

Last edited by Scott5280; 12-17-2013 at 08:26 AM..

Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,846,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
But according to all the LA boosters, everyone is "jealous" of LA. Who wouldn't want to live in a little bungalow house with bars on every window, barbed wire lining every fence, pit bulls roaming the street, and strip malls extending ad infinitum. Don't forget that lovely 27% poverty rate and LAUSD having 23 of the 39 lowest performing schools in the state of California.

I mean... why wouldn't you not want to live there instead of unappealing cities like Santa Barbara, Thousand Oaks, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, San Diego...
Seriously? Does somebody hack your account every once and a while? You are so bi-polar about Los Angeles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City