Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NJ vs PA
NJ 65 40.12%
PA 97 59.88%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 04:16 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,465,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
'Splain.
just causin' trouble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 07:42 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,871,478 times
Dear Shoobie bashing the residents of Southern NJ,

I would like to ask that this summer, you save us the trouble and simply mail us your money, or don't even come at all. When you add up how much time we spend sitting behind you, dealing with your crap at the store or on the beach, and the agetta you give us with your "you're from NJ and therefore a terrible person" attitude coupled with your probable desire to blow us up so you could have a beach I find it better to not even serve your kind than even welcome you to our beaches. If we come of as a-holes, it's because you're treating us as one and not respecting our side of the Delaware. If there is a pig farm or there are rail-road tracks near your new development that took over one prised farmland, deal with it. Don't sue the town or the owners to get rid of it, don't drive the locals crazy tying to make it like the place you moved out of. Big deal, the tolls are in the direction of the major city that is trying to reduce the number of cars going into it. You know, it's people like you, that make us look like a-holes, because you tick us off and bring out the worst in us. Please, stay on your side of the river this summer, the problems you cause aren't worth the money you spend here.

Also, unlike the a-holes living in the over crowded developments driving the locals mad, my family immigrated directly to Southern NJ, as did most people in my portion of South Jersey.
<end rant>

Now, I know that most of you lot from P.A. are NOT like this, and I thank God (although you really need to learn how to drive while in NJ, I don't know what happens to you guys, but it drive me nuts). Personally, I like NJ better for many reasons, the number one being, it has an ocean. Personally, I enjoy living in South Jersey. I get to be in a rural area near both a beach and 2 major world cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
NJ all day

PA is an ass backward state - Philly should be in Jersey
I'd say we should invade and take over, but it kinda looks that way anyway. Now all we need to do is change the flags and Philly's problems will soon be ours!

Old 11-28-2010, 11:18 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,759,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
lol at all the nj votes. How can nj see PA when it has pittsburgh and Philly . Like really?????
You're always on hoppin On Jersey polls spewing your pitifully strange hatred towards NJ. Notice how many of the polls NJ has won, and how no one with logic supported you as the "king of NY".

I've actually seen more NYers go against you for Jersey... Traitors, right?

You're in every thread that has NJ in the title.You also dominate many of them saying "NYers don't care about NJ"....

Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,243,519 times
Quote:
lol at all the nj votes. How can nj see PA when it has pittsburgh and Philly . Like really?????
Because NJ is a suburban state.

If you continue to look at a state, or actually anything in life, from one angle, you'll never see the light.

Even your NYC compadres have chastised you for your immature tunnel vision.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:42 AM

908 posts, read 1,821,306 times
For me its a tie. PA offers great cities like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, while New Jersey offers great suburbs with an amazing shore line.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:58 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,067,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Because NJ is a suburban state.

If you continue to look at a state, or actually anything in life, from one angle, you'll never see the light.

Even your NYC compadres have chastised you for your immature tunnel vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
You're always on hoppin On Jersey polls spewing your pitifully strange hatred towards NJ. Notice how many of the polls NJ has won, and how no one with logic supported you as the "king of NY".

I've actually seen more NYers go against you for Jersey... Traitors, right?

You're in every thread that has NJ in the title.You also dominate many of them saying "NYers don't care about NJ"....
What new yorkers are u talking about? The transplant or that guy from long island Other than that i get very little opposition from new yorkers

No true new yorker is going to argue with a another new yorker, over the state of new jersey. Even if they think im a jerk or disagrees with me. It just doesnt work that way

I have said nothing hateful in this thread yet. Its not PA's fault that new jersey is a "suburban" state. Philly and pittsburgh destroy new jersey. Half of the state of jersey depends on a city in PA. Its not that hard

Old 11-29-2010, 12:10 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,243,519 times
If you think "ALL NEW YORKERS" have the SAME opinion on something, then you are not only wrong, but you are wrong in a painfully unintelligent style.

It's just very, very ignorant to think that way.

If "all New Yorkers" are so unconcerned with NJ, why do they all move here? (and with regard to this thread, why do they move here and not Pennsylvania?).

Seriously.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:13 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,069,865 times
Quote:
What new yorkers are u talking about? The transplant or that guy from long island Other than that i get very little opposition from new yorkers

No true new yorker is going to argue with a another new yorker, over the state of new jersey. Even if they think im a jerk or disagrees with me. It just doesnt work that way

I have said nothing hateful in this thread yet. Its not PA's fault that new jersey is a "suburban" state. Philly and pittsburgh destroy new jersey. Half of the state of jersey depends on a city in PA. Its not that hard
You do realize that in between those two cities in PA you mentioned is a large swath of suburban and rural land? Nah, 'course you don't.

As far as the bolded is concerned, you're right...they won't argue w/ you...b/c they know now as we all do...you're just not a real New Yorker. I'm positive you don't even know what that would entail. A lot of New Yorkers aren't like you in the least therefore you don't represent the majority.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:16 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,069,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
If you think "ALL NEW YORKERS" have the SAME opinion on something, then you are not only wrong, but you are wrong in a painfully unintelligent style.

It's just very, very ignorant to think that way.

If "all New Yorkers" are so unconcerned with NJ, why do they all move here? (and with regard to this thread, why do they move here and not Pennsylvania?).

Seriously.
I'm sure you all know: NYC recently proposed extending its subway into NJ.

Some NYers and NJians do move out to PA as NNJ grows dense and expensive (thanks to NJ's less than desirable proptax/COL). They commute to Manhattan from Pike County, PA (and believe it or not Nwk and JC as well)

Pike County is part of the Newark-Union metro which itself is part of the larger NYC metro

Old 11-29-2010, 12:22 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,759,313 times
Quote:

NJ depends on Philly, NJ depend on NYC... Yea right, it depends on it's geographical location, who does that? NYC and Philly

Remember that new 9 billion dollar Hudson Tunnel plan from NJ to Manhattan? I'm sure you do, because you were telling NJians how pathetic it was in a previous thread... Want some Irony? NYC wanted it done, and was talking about paying for the tunnel and working on the project- WHEN NJ CANCELED IT.... It sounds to me like NYC benefits from NJ.

No matter how you slice it, half of your cities MSA relies on NJ.

I know A LOT of people from Philadelphia who rather Philly be in NJ because it just makes more sense. This may not be the case in reality, but NJ has the more ideal location than NYS and PA in general (As far as NYC and Philly go)

You hate NJ because NYC has a deep connection with NJ. Your one pile of laughable irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City