Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Seattle all the way! 193 52.02%
Philadelphia all the way! 153 41.24%
Other (Please specify) 25 6.74%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:04 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,631,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toure View Post
#1 No link so invalid.

#2 YES! Forbes is an opinionated site. I cannot believe you posted a link to Forbes. Burned your credibility. Just because it growed doesn't make it #1 on the list, you see why Forbes is stupid. Thats the same as using T.L.
#3 It all depends on location.

When you get real things to brag about come at me..
Forbes is opinionated? Hilarious. And "depends on the location"? Really? That's what you bring?

Shame on me for arguing with an idiot.

Ever heard of Boeing? Here's a link for you. Feast your eyes on page 22. 25% of all aerospace and defense exports come from WA state. The majority of those are produced in the Seattle area. Yes, yes, I can see it now, Deloitte is opinionated too.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Am pretty certain Philly is the larger port actually

On Tech, I believe it also has more jobs and is noted on many fronts for tech actually

What about Pharma, Finance, Education, Energy etc.

They both have their strengths

While there have been foolish comments from both ends I find much of your assertions pretty narrow personally
Did you actually read the post I was responding to? He claimed Philly was actually double Seattle in everything. And you have no problem with that? I simply chose a few areas that in which Seattle exceeded Philly. As to the port, I was referring to the container cargo. And as an exporter, Seattle is much larger.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
1. Not double... but close. Philadelphia has a lot of aviation in the metro.?
C'mon, that's absurd. Read the Deloitte study. Page 22

Quote:
Philadelphia has a MUCH more diversified economy than Seattle.
There was a time Seattle went as Boeing went. That is no longer the case. Seattle's economy is very diversified now. I suspect Seattle ranks highly here.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM

725 posts, read 1,204,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Did you actually read the post I was responding to? He claimed Philly was actually double Seattle in everything. And you have no problem with that? I simply chose a few areas that in which Seattle exceeded Philly. As to the port, I was referring to the container cargo. And as an exporter, Seattle is much larger.
No you chose 1 and that's the only things. WOOO HOOO. Philly exceeds London in certain things. Does not mean its any better. Name that other few...

Old 03-20-2013, 02:54 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,607,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
C'mon, that's absurd. Read the Deloitte study. Page 22

There was a time Seattle went as Boeing went. That is no longer the case. Seattle's economy is very diversified now. I suspect Seattle ranks highly here.
So you ignore the rest of my post?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,773,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Okay... but we're just supposed to take garbage like this?

Quick everyone... pick on Philadelphia. Then when they try to defend their-selves let's bash them and call them homers and boosters.

The sheer stupidity of this site never ceases to amaze me.

P.S. Ice Cream Man is not from nor does he live in Philadelphia.
Good thing you repeated what he had already said in regards to not being from Philly.

Yes, it makes perfect sense to take a comment that one could deem garbage (the post was not really all that offensive) and respond with even worse garbage.

And you're right, the sheer stupidity spewed on this site can be a bit much at times.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 PM

287 posts, read 338,586 times
You guys still debating this? Seattle is just jealous that their city isn't even 1% as good as Philly. And Center City makes downtown Seattle look like a village. Philly is the gold standard for American cities, while Seattle is just some boring Pacific northwest town that wouldn't matter if it disappeared, where if Philly disappeared the whole nation would be affected.

Why does every city need to compare to Philly?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 PM

654 posts, read 1,902,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeo08 View Post
You guys still debating this? Seattle is just jealous that their city isn't even 1% as good as Philly. And Center City makes downtown Seattle look like a village. Philly is the gold standard for American cities, while Seattle is just some boring Pacific northwest town that wouldn't matter if it disappeared, where if Philly disappeared the whole nation would be affected.

Why does every city need to compare to Philly?
Seattle shouldn't be compared to Philadelpia. It outclasses it in every way. Look at the poll results.

Philadelphia should be compared to a city like Detroit. A great idea for a thread and poll would be which of these two formerly great cities is the most past its prime.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:55 PM

287 posts, read 338,586 times
Well, of course when a bunch of Seattle homers vote the poll results are biased.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,607,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat View Post
Seattle shouldn't be compared to Philadelpia. It outclasses it in every way. Look at the poll results.

Philadelphia should be compared to a city like Detroit. A great idea for a thread and poll would be which of these two formerly great cities is the most past its prime.
Haha please. In what ways does Seattle beat Philadelphia? Not many. The fact that you are comparing Philadelphia to Detroit shows how ignorant you are of Philadelphia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City