Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the South really the best place for an Indian to be?
Yes, it isn't as bad as the stereotypes claim it to be, come on or go on down partna! 21 55.26%
Just your experience, maybe you were in the wrong part of the Northeast. 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
Well some people are just born that stupid.

You posted an article that talked about Indians being in large numbers in Los Angeles as in Los Angeles having the largest number of Indian people. Well I simply quoted that article by saying that Indians are evenly distributed and as a matter of fact you will find that NYC has more Indians. You linked me to Indian Americans aka people from India and I quoted from that exact article.

Are you that stupid?

I am really starting to believe so but I won't. I will stick to saying you are heavily biased and delusional.
I think it was an honest mistake. When you first read the quote it does seem at first to be hinting at native Americans, but when you read it again you see the east Asian comparison and then realize they are not talking about native indians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 01:41 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Well some people are just born that stupid.

You posted an article that talked about Indians being in large numbers in Los Angeles as in Los Angeles having the largest number of Indian people. Well I simply quoted that article by saying that Indians are evenly distributed and as a matter of fact you will find that NYC has more Indians. You linked me to Indian Americans aka people from India and I quoted from that exact article.

Are you that stupid?

I am really starting to believe so but I won't. I will stick to saying you are heavily biased and delusional.
I am from LA, having fun in the sun, driving my convertible through malibu. I usually stop at 7-11, get a slurpee, swedish fish and 2nd degree burn habanero doritos, then make fun of the indian guy at the register, it is pretty hi-lar-i-ous. His name is george, but I call him Apu from the simpsons. Are you one of these? You wouldn't make it in LA too much fun and sun for you.

I also had a neighbor who was indian, I told him he was smelling the neighborhood up of daal and he needed to eat that food elsewhere. Not allowed here in america.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:17 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
This thread is deteriorating just like all the other ones that the OP has submitted; all of which deal with the exact same issue [an Indian Asian wanting to date a Latina but being made fun of by people in Southern California]. It seems this topic has gotten a lot of tread [actually a re-tread] but the OP persists for whatever reason

What's ironic is that several posters are also "minorities" like the OP; like me. I am a Puerto Rican living among many hispanics and asians in metro LA, a city probably more diverse than any other in the nation and where both ethnic\racial groups have huge numbers. I have experienced prejudice like walking into expensive clothing stores and followed by a security guard non-stop. Attend any high school football game in LA and if a fight breaks out, who are the police going to question first?: Latinos. But when the cops are also Latino a person gets accustom to reality and doesn't hold a grudge forever.

Actually I am sort of touched by the fact that the OP is sweet on Latinas [he has good taste in women ]. But to obsess over one incident where he was dissed by some Latino men over dating a Latina seems very strange. The Latin machismo can mean jeolousy when it comes to women. I truly would hate to imagine if the OP wanted to date a Rican woman on the island. But Latin men are possessive of what they think are their woman. It doesn't matter if the other guy is Asian Indian, Black, Anglo or another Latino; it becomes instinctive and primative to not want any competitiion. It really is not a racial issue and for the OP to keep harping on this theme is beyond irrational.

Get over it and move on! I once broke my leg because I was horseplaying around. I had to go to the hospital and was very embarrassed because I was in my boxers when I fractured my leg in two places and could not put on a pair of pants. The entire incident was painful and embarrassing. Will it likely ever happen again? I honestly think the odds are extremely remote.

The point is that the OP had an unpleasant experience that he now considers a universal prejudice toward Asian Indians. Does that sound like good judgement? duh!

Old 12-03-2010, 03:24 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post

Actually I am sort of touched by the fact that the OP is sweet on Latinas [he has good taste in women ]. But to obsess over one incident where he was dissed by some Latino men over dating a Latina seems very strange. The Latin machismo can mean jeolousy when it comes to women. I truly would hate to imagine if the OP wanted to date a Rican woman on the island. But Latin men are possessive of what they think are their woman. It doesn't matter if the other guy is Asian Indian, Black, Anglo or another Latino; it becomes instinctive and primative to not want any competitiion. It really is not a racial issue and for the OP to keep harping on this theme is beyond irrational.
It goes both ways. My best friend is asian and she gets death stares from latinas when she goes out with a latin man. the jealousy is from both sides.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:09 PM

803 posts, read 1,264,873 times
Quote:

The point is that the OP had an unpleasant experience that he now considers a universal prejudice toward Asian Indians. Does that sound like good judgement? duh!
Actually most Latinos there seemed to compliment women who were dating Black and White guys, I know most urbanized ghetto Hispanics flattered women who were with Black men. Most didn't even mind the fact that their women were with White women, it was so natural.

Thing is I think it doesn't have to do with her being Hispanic as much but it has to do with the fact that people in LA buy into stereotypes so much because they are so aware of it. Vibe is that Indian guys are the new East Asian guys of the dating world, Indian guys are the guys no women wants because of the curry smell, arranged marriages and 711 stereotypes. So when a Hispanic dude THERE sees a Latina with a Black guy he will think "oh she wants a taste of that big tool". When he sees one with an Indian guy he gets jealous because he may think "wait, I thought Indians weren't supposed to date non-Indians, what the heck is he doing with our women!?".

The guys get defensive because they are brought up in a racist Hollywood culture that supports stereotypes.

White men are rich so women want them

Black men have big tools so women want them

Latin men are good lovers so women want them

Asian men (chinese and east Asians, not Indians) are smart so women may want them and they are family oriented

Arabs, Indians and the rest are enemies to America and 711 owners who smell funky, WHY ON EARTH WOULD WOMEN WANT THEM!?

It is basically the stereotypical racist culture over there. Indian men are unfortunate subject to it over there and unfortunately it spread over down south with the Hispanic kids I got into a conflict with (they were from long beach).

On the other hand, this thread was intended to talk about Indians in the south until other posters brought up posts about Latina couples and then it basically swirled outta control.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Actually most Latinos there seemed to compliment women who were dating Black and White guys, I know most urbanized ghetto Hispanics flattered women who were with Black men. Most didn't even mind the fact that their women were with White women, it was so natural.

Thing is I think it doesn't have to do with her being Hispanic as much but it has to do with the fact that people in LA buy into stereotypes so much because they are so aware of it. Vibe is that Indian guys are the new East Asian guys of the dating world, Indian guys are the guys no women wants because of the curry smell, arranged marriages and 711 stereotypes. So when a Hispanic dude THERE sees a Latina with a Black guy he will think "oh she wants a taste of that big tool". When he sees one with an Indian guy he gets jealous because he may think "wait, I thought Indians weren't supposed to date non-Indians, what the heck is he doing with our women!?".

The guys get defensive because they are brought up in a racist Hollywood culture that supports stereotypes.

Asian men (chinese and east Asians, not Indians) are smart so women may want them and they are family oriented

Arabs, Indians and the rest are enemies to America and 711 owners who smell funky, WHY ON EARTH WOULD WOMEN WANT THEM!?

It is basically the stereotypical racist culture over there. Indian men are unfortunate subject to it over there and unfortunately it spread over down south with the Hispanic kids I got into a conflict with (they were from long beach).

On the other hand, this thread was intended to talk about Indians in the south until other posters brought up posts about Latina couples and then it basically swirled outta control.
It's painfull to even read your comments since they are so distorted and skewed per your own prejudices and extremely limited experience. But why do you keep posting on this topic anyway? What possible value is there to continue with your obsession? That is what is so bizarre about you, my friend. Plus the huge chip on your shoulder and inferiority complex. That is not meant to be a put down but just an honest statement to you.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:31 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,960,053 times
Quote:

I've read some of the different threads you've started, and you seem to bring up more stereotypes about Indians than anyone else on this entire forum. You seem to be the one who causes all of your issues and problems with racism. I'm an Indian man and have happily lived in the Northeast, Midwest, and West Coast. Also, I have happily spent a lot of time in the South as I have many close relatives there. I have dated women outside my ethnicity/race in addition to having friends of many different ethnicities/races. I have experienced racism in different places around the country, but unlike yourself, I'm intelligent and reasonable enough to understand that certain racist individuals don't mean that entire cities, states, or regions are racist. Maybe you're being greeted with hostility in certain areas not because anyone actually has a problem with you being Indian, but because you give off a bad vibe since you seem to assume everyone around you is racist. When you come off as a presumptuous jerk, you'll likely be treated like one.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 PM

I only have problems with living in the state of California in general, the rest of the states are cool by my standards. I will do more visiting in the state of New Jersey, maybe people in Princeton are a bit more educated.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I only have problems with living in the state of California in general, the rest of the states are cool by my standards. I will do more visiting in the state of New Jersey, maybe people in Princeton are a bit more educated.
But you did not live in California! And maybe it would be best for you and California for you not to ever visit again; way too traumatic. People of New Jersey; good luck!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
But you did not live in California! And maybe it would be best for you and California for you not to ever visit again; way too traumatic. People of New Jersey; good luck!
I been there many times, pretty sad area if you ask me and honestly, people bash New Yorkers, Californians have too much excessive pride and get pissed for the smallest things. Instead of getting answers to why a certain thing happened I get greeted with hostility from the people there.

Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City