Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 04:05 PM

152 posts, read 250,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Ok, TheJetSet

In the end, NJ is apparently your worst enemy and you can't get it off your mind- THEREFORE, I win simply because your only on here to argue about NJ.

Notice how 6/8 Cast members on JS hail from the great state of NY.
A NYer made the "6th boro" thread and sided with NJ on the anti-NJ comments
and someone from TX compared SF to JC/Hob

You're low blows didn't even hit any NJians.
bedroom community
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 04:13 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
LOL, you 're angry because I live in the NYC metro area?

When do I pretend like I'm from the city? Just look at my albums- I don't think of the city as anything else but a great big continence.
Newark was #1 in crime reduction and it's shaping up a bit, it's not the greatest city, granted- but It has its merits. And for the 6 months I've lived here, I've been happy, and I honestly don't care what you think of the city

Now Newark is a sububrb.. First JC, now NWK?
NWK/JC are neighbors, and combined they make up 40 square miles and have a population over 520,000.

You can go along with suburb and look like a total moron.. But it's the NJ suburbs that make it one of the wealthiest, one of the best educated, and the most accessible states in the nation.
Not for nothing, but given his C/D sign-on date...he's probably KONY. He talks the same way and notice how when he's posting messages the 'KONY' name is nowhere to be found.

When a person is that close-minded on NY you know they've never left. Ever.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:24 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Not for nothing, but given his C/D sign-on date...he's probably KONY. He talks the same way and notice how when he's posting messages the 'KONY' name is nowhere to be found.

When a person is that close-minded on NY you know they've never left. Ever.
It's actually "TheJetSet" (from the Hoboke/Buckhead thread)
LOL, he's from Maryland. He's basically belittling NJ for being a part of the NYC region.. While MD is a part of DC's

It's more ironic than anything else, really.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
It's actually "TheJetSet" (from the Hoboke/Buckhead thread)
LOL, he's from Maryland. He's basically belittling NJ for being a part of the NYC region.. While MD is a part of DC's

It's more ironic than anything else, really.
That's worse than I thought

Old 12-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
That's worse than I thought
How can you belittle a "bedroom community" as Wikipedia calls Hoboken?

Maybe you guys think that Wikipedia is on it, too?

Old 12-06-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber23 View Post

Whatever makes you feel better

Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:

This is actually where you put yourself in a corner and prove Hudson County as being the unofficial 6th boro. You repeated the fact that Hoboken is a bedroom community as if that's such a horror- But it's still an affluent urban playground. The outer boros are basically bedroom communities to Manhattan too. They're residential urban and have a thriving nightlife scene. Hoboken/Hudson county is really no different- The difference is that HC has it's own business core (Jersey City), being a 2nd tier city apart from NYC. (This is because it's in NJ) and the outer boros are a part of NYC all together.. though everyone knows Manhattan is the center of it all.

It's safe to say the unofficial 6th boro (based off statistics, geographical location, and history) would most definitely be Hudson County.

If you can ignore the arbitrary political boundaries, JC and Hoboken are almost as woven into the fabric of the city as Brooklyn and Queens across the opposite river.

It's not NJ being a wanna be- It's NJ and NYC benefiting from one another. It was NYC who proposed the #7 subway line extension into NJ.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
This is actually where you put yourself in a corner and prove Hudson County as being the unofficial 6th boro. You repeated the fact that Hoboken is a bedroom community as if that's such a horror- But it's still an affluent urban playground. The outer boros are basically bedroom communities to Manhattan too. They're residential urban and have a thriving nightlife scene. Hoboken/Hudson county is really no different- The difference is that HC has it's own business core (Jersey City), being a 2nd tier city apart from NYC. (This is because it's in NJ) and the outer boros are a part of NYC all together.. though everyone knows Manhattan is the center of it all.

It's safe to say the unofficial 6th boro (based off statistics, geographical location, and history) would most definitely be Hudson County.

If you can ignore the arbitrary political boundaries, JC and Hoboken are almost as woven into the fabric of the city as Brooklyn and Queens across the opposite river.

It's not NJ being a wanna be- It's NJ and NYC benefiting from one another. It was NYC who proposed the #7 subway line extension into NJ.
You just don't get it kid. The entire tri-state area is woven into NYC and JC/Hoboken or entire Hudson county is not any more special than Orange and Nassau Counties. JC/Hoboken is simply to small and insignificant considering the fact that Brooklyn and Queens are a three milion cities on its own. Based on size alone JC/Hoboken significance to NYC is marginal and NY state own Nassau county has already much stronger ties with the city than any other county in the region. Instead of dreaming to be a part of NYC cleanup your own Newark, Elizabeth and Irvington and be proud of your urban glory.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:48 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
nassau county is overrated

i would say miami, because there's enough to make a comparison. coastal skyline, people. but it's not

if you wan a real feel of nyc - get off penn station - newark!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You just don't get it kid. The entire tri-state area is woven into NYC and JC/Hoboken or entire Hudson county is not any more special than Orange and Nassau Counties. JC/Hoboken is simply to small and insignificant considering the fact that Brooklyn and Queens are a three milion cities on its own. Based on size alone JC/Hoboken significance to NYC is marginal and NY state own Nassau county has already much stronger ties with the city than any other county in the region. Instead of dreaming to be a part of NYC cleanup your own Newark, Elizabeth and Irvington and be proud of your urban glory.
I don't get it, am I'm the one living here... You're just from Maryland... that speaks for everything as far as NJ goes.
The entire tri-state area is NOT woven into NYC like Hudson County is. Where are you getting the idea that Orange County is just as relevant as Hudson county is to NYC?
Hudson county is adjacent to Manhattan and north of Staten Island with 2 tunnels, a bridge and a subway system into NYC. Staten Island isn't even a part of the NYC subway system- It's almost completely isolated, while Hudson County attracts more attention.

Going by your logic, since Queens has a larger population than San Francisco, Seattle, Philadelphia, DC and Boston- It's much more significant.. You "throw" your points around without any use of logic whatsoever.

Get over NJ already. It's ok to disagree, but to belittle the place and to be in so much denial is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City