Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: CITY VS CITY
Chicago 115 43.07%
New York 152 56.93%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 04:55 PM

13,992 posts, read 14,933,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
"What's one hour from Chicago? LOL" is insulting. Funny, you note how Philly is one hour away, but I am sure you are the same type of person that will bash Philly right away when compared to NYC. Am I right?

It's just not this one thing you have said, but spanning the several pages of this thread, you have been insulting.
Milwaukee is 1 1/2 hours from Chicago.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:27 PM

398 posts, read 749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Milwaukee is 1 1/2 hours from Chicago.
Milwaukee isn't relevant. It is below Baltimore. Similar to Providence. How about something else around there that can match Philadelphia, DC or Boston...Yeah, not happening.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz0rd View Post
Milwaukee isn't relevant. It is below Baltimore. Similar to Providence.
"
But Philly is relevant, most New Yorkers probably are not aware that Philly is so close, they go North for vacation (Greens, Berkshires, Adarondacs ect.) and what I find funny is when Philly our New York posters see the thread is not going their way they say Well we are close to Philly (or NYC)

if this offends Phillidelphians in anuy way in that second statement, I think Philly is a wonderful city, New Yorkers just tend not to go there as often as one may think

Old 03-20-2012, 05:39 PM

398 posts, read 749,385 times
Quote:
"
But Philly is relevant, most New Yorkers probably are not aware that Philly is so close, they go North for vacation (Greens, Berkshires, Adarondacs ect.) and what I find funny is when Philly our New York posters see the thread is not going their way they say Well we are close to Philly (or NYC)

if this offends Phillidelphians in anuy way in that second statement, I think Philly is a wonderful city, New Yorkers just tend not to go there as often as one may think
Of course Philadelphia is relevant, it's more relevant than anywhere else in the midwest outside of Chicago... as are Boston and DC, that was the whole premise of the Urbanized NE Corridor vs the Midwest argument.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz0rd View Post
Of course Philadelphia is relevant, it's more relevant than anywhere else in the midwest outside of Chicago... as are Boston and DC, that was the whole premise of the Urbanized NE Corridor vs the Midwest argument.
How does Philly by simply existing prove NY is greater than Chicago, if anything your just saying Chicago is the undisputed center of a larger region that would help Chicago.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:42 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,810,711 times
Quote:
"

Hmm not sure I totally agree

The busiest Amtrak corrider by far (and no others are even close) is the passengers between NYC and Philadelphia. This is also the busiest and most traveled and frequent route for Bolt and Megabus lines

I am going to look for the numbers but believe I have read that NY metro population make up more than 5 million of the annual visitors every year (some are obviously counted on multiple trips)

Old 03-20-2012, 06:00 PM

248 posts, read 288,290 times
Quote:
"What's one hour from Chicago? LOL" is insulting. Funny, you note how Philly is one hour away, but I am sure you are the same type of person that will bash Philly right away when compared to NYC. Am I right?

It's just not this one thing you have said, but spanning the several pages of this thread, you have been insulting.
How is it insulting? Lol

Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
How does Philly by simply existing prove NY is greater than Chicago, if anything your just saying Chicago is the undisputed center of a larger region that would help Chicago.
Taken out of context it doesn't but it proves how different Northeast is from Midwest where it takes long hours to drive from one big city to another. Midwest is not nearly as dense or urban as Northeast and ut is reflected in the culture of these two cities.

Last edited by tristann; 03-20-2012 at 06:29 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
"What's one hour from Chicago? LOL" .
How is it Insulting? You guys compare yourself to NYC and Northeadt so I simply show how absurd your comparisons are.... again, if Midwest is so similar to Northeast what big city is located within one hour from Chicago? What about four hours? Lol

Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristann View Post
Taken out of context it doesn't but it proves how different Northeast is from Midwest where it takes long hours to drive from one big city to another. Midwest is not nearly as dense or urban as Northeast and ut is reflected in the culture of these two cities.
and how does that make NYC > Chicago? NYers walk faster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City