Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:22 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,723,143 times

Advertisements

Dislikes
Bums
I-76(The schukill)
Camden
PPA
Things that are cowboys fans just to get on peoples nerves
The mummers
Pats and Genos

WaWa
Tastycakes and cheesteaks
Yeungling
Its always sunny In Philadelphia
The Eagles
Gowin down the shore
Ritas opening day
Block parties
Dorney Park and Wild Water Kingdom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 10:30 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
I really HATE the Yellow Cabs here. There are beyond obnoxious and just terrible drivers. I also HATE driving anywhere here (ESPECIALLY The Brooklyn Bridge and FDR) it's best to take the train but it's just disgusting. You would think we could afford a clean transit system but nope, not the case. I also hate alternate side parking (>:-o). Lastly I can't stand Traffic Agents their the cause of most of the traffic AND they just love giving out tickets - Even when you just ran out of time on the meter.

-EndRant

Old 12-06-2010, 10:34 PM

840 posts, read 2,086,159 times
Hometown Charlotte

Dislike- The Future for Charlotte. Charlotte future plans to me are been there done that and we know it works, but can you think of something new entirely your own. Charlotte transportation system is lacking. Transit while efficient needs to hurry and finish and the interstate system in Charlotte is Laughable. Some of the major interchanges are falling apart and need upgrading. and the Independence Blcd needs to be finished. Raleigh is building a Humongous Interstate System, Greensboro system is superior heck even three smaller cities in the state are getting decent infrastructure project, Fayetteville, Asheville, and Wilmington

Old 12-06-2010, 10:55 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I hate the way Dallas is segregated, I hate our small skyline, and I hate the way the suburbs is taking away from Dallas' population.........
Really! Do you honestly believe that the suburbs are actually taking away population from Dallas. Last time i checked when has Dallas ever had a population loss in its city. Also isn't the Dallas area the fastest growing in the country. Quit your complaining. lol.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:58 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
[/b] Really! Do you honestly believe that the suburbs are atcually taking away population from Dallas. Last time i checked when has Dallas ever had a population loss in its city. Also isn't the Dallas area the fastest growing in the country. Quit your complaining. lol.
Haha that's true Dallas hasn't had a population loss.

But sadly Dallaz is right. Dallas does suffer from its Metropolitan Area, it has to compete with its Mega Suburbs and its twin city Fort Worth for everything which includes venues for sports (Dallas lost out to them), the new companies, headquarters, and where people are moving out to, and even urban scene at times. The city of Plano (71 Square Miles) has a higher city density than the city of Dallas and that is Dallas's suburb.

Dallas is even upgrading its rail transit for its suburbs. DART is a LRT system but will function more like a CRT system.

Dallas is a great city but its no secret that it has to compete with its suburbs over quite a lot. It's been a hassle for Dallas for the past several decades, the more the Metroplex gains population the more Dallas's grip on its Metropolitan Area and its edge over Fort Worth begins to start vanishing.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:50 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,872,645 times
Richmond, VA (for not too much longer)

I hate how everything closes down so freakin early here. Going out to dinner at 10pm severely limits your choices. I hate how the city ripped up it's electric trolley lines and now wants to put them back in but can't afford it. I hate how slow the people are here, and I hate the lack of vibrancy on the streets. I hate how small the city is, and I hate how the suburbanites are horribly scared of the city (many haven't visited in years).

More than anything, I hate Short Pump (new suburb) that is the definition of horrible sprawl, traffic and malls. I also hate that I have to wait another 6 months to move back up to the NE, but at least it's only 6 months.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,985 times
nova has too many hispanics who take more from us than they can offer. yeah i said it.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,382,338 times
Los Angeles, CA;

Hollywood. Those who are Los Angeles natives can understand my sentiment about why I hate Hollywood. I've said this in thread after thread; it gives the ILLUSION of creating wealth without actually really having to create wealth. It attracts the biggest ******* from the United States and all over the world, trying to make it big while acting like pretentious pricks telling me how MY hometown is. While it has attracted growth here, it has also somewhat clouded the judgment of LA planners when it comes to diversifying the LA economy. I've spent nearly my whole life here looking at the Hollywood Hills every night, and worked at Universal Studios for a time not too long ago, and I've concluded that this place would have been better off without it than with it.

Infrastructure. Yeah, I-405 gets a really bad rap for having so much traffic, but its not even the worst freeway here. I-5 between the 110 and the LA County line has been under construction since I was born (in segments), and traffic only seems to get worse. The 101, no matter how many lanes are put on the freeway, seems to have really bad traffic all the time. Even worse about the 101, most of it hasn't been upgraded since the Korean War! We really need to update our roads, especially since most of us drive to work on them. But at least LA is expanding rail options. Thank God!

Lack of City Planning.If this was Sim City, I would've started a new game a long time ago. I get the impression that LA planners are almost in DENIAL that LA is a large city, and should be treated as such. Things are getting better though.

Everything else here is awesome; weather, women (hot damn!), food, attractions, access to nature, etc etc. Politics could be hit or miss, but tell me a place where it's perfect and I'll sell you beach front property in Arizona

Old 12-07-2010, 02:51 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
The sidewalks, public transportation. Besides that; Houston is great.
yeah, what he said

Old 12-07-2010, 03:00 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,868,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Dislikes
Bums
I-76(The schukill)
Camden
PPA
Things that are cowboys fans just to get on peoples nerves
The mummers
Pats and Genos

WaWa
Tastycakes and cheesteaks
Yeungling
Its always sunny In Philadelphia
The Eagles
Gowin down the shore
Ritas opening day
Block parties
Dorney Park and Wild Water Kingdom
i'm a cowboy fan!!!! yeahhh!!!! woooohooo!!!!! cowboys will whoop you this weekend!!!! yeahhhh!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City