Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most unique personalities, and overall character
NYers 50 27.17%
New English 8 4.35%
Phillies 11 5.98%
Washingtonians 23 12.50%
Atlantans 18 9.78%
SoFloridians 5 2.72%
NOLAns 3 1.63%
Texans(Houston and DFW) 21 11.41%
Angelinos 5 2.72%
Franciscans 8 4.35%
Clevelanders 4 2.17%
Chicagans 16 8.70%
Detroiters 8 4.35%
Cascadians 4 2.17%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,307,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
lil wayne made it cool to be a borderline crackhead; houston too.
Yeah, The whole syrup movement is just a mess. Even got 13&14 yr olds on that $h!t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 11:07 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
and thats even dumber lol
rap nowadays is garbage, everybody has a gimmick. As a matter of fact, rap is like the musical version of Basketball wives.

50cent- starting beefs for no reason, made it cool to get caught slipping ie..get shot

lil wayne- one of the phoniest rappers in the game; overrated, get sh*t on everytime he does a collaboration.

soulja boy- talentless

gucci- is the best talentless rapper alive.

Rick ross- he phony but he makes damn good music

kanye west- is starting to fall off to me, still one of the best tho.

jayz- time to hang it up

drake- im tired if him b*tching..lol

fabolous- underrated

andre3000- best rapper alive

lupe- if his album gets pushed back any further, it'll be called "Detox 2.0"

wiz khalifa- he ok, nothing special. black&yellow got banned in baltimore after the steelers beat the ravens.

eminem- no need to state the obvious

jim jones- a real n*gga, but he suck as a rapper

lil kim- phony.. she's using a phony beef with nicki minaj to jump start her phony career.

Nicki minaj- ima get her pregnant.... oh and she can rap her sexy plastic ass off.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:07 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Yep!! you are taking me back to real hip hop before the south ruined Hip Hop.

Maybe she does not reps NY that much, because she is with young money. Young Money is owned by Lil wayne, and the company Young Money is from the South. Also Jae Millz is in that company too. He even said in an interview that is hard to always rep Harlem, because he is in a company that is from the South. Before she got with lil wayne she was very lyrical. But since the South ruined Hip Hop and now that Garbage hip hop sells well she had to downgrade so her records can sell. For example listen to real Hip Hop by Nicki Minaj when she was starting.

How does being signed to young money affect them repping their city??? Nicki Minaj still does rep Queens; so IDK where ya'll getting that from. The state of hip hop wasn't ruined by the south dude; it took the whole country to do that.

Anyways, Soulja Boy ain't sweating the low Album sales; he's collecting his royalties for writing Whip my Hair; As long as he stays writing simple ass songs for little kids; he'll never go broke again.

I also agree with many on here. Houston, Detroit, Chicago and New York have the realest rappers out there; as far as not faking the hood lifestyle. Drake is good, but his image is very contrived; he know damn well he came from a good home and his family got plenty money.

I like how Lupe and B.O.B stay true to themselves and never plays it up for the media; It just shows you don't need to act all gangsta and hood to be successful in the rap industry.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Yeah, The whole syrup movement is just a mess. Even got 13&14 yr olds on that $h!t.
Ah man, don't knock it til you try it.

I remember people use to walk around school drinking that stuff right in front of teachers, principals and security lol

Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,307,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Ah man, don't knock it til you try it.

I remember people use to walk around school drinking that stuff right in front of teachers, principals and security lol
Yeah but it FCks wit them kidneys and stuff and its not that hard to hide it (I knew some people who did it.) Now HOOKAH........

Old 01-07-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
rap nowadays is garbage, everybody has a gimmick. As a matter of fact, rap is like the musical version of Basketball wives.

50cent- starting beefs for no reason, made it cool to get caught slipping ie..get shot

lil wayne- one of the phoniest rappers in the game; overrated, get sh*t on everytime he does a collaboration.

soulja boy- talentless

jayz- time to hang it up

fabolous- underrated

wiz khalifa- he ok, nothing special. black&yellow got banned in baltimore after the steelers beat the ravens.

lil kim- phony.. she's using a phony beef with nicki minaj to jump start her phony career.

Nicki minaj- ima get her pregnant.... oh and she can rap her sexy plastic ass off.
Damn; I agree with EVERYONE and EVERYTHING you said LOL

Taylor Gang or teabag a bear trap smh LOL

I hate that Taylor Gang bull.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Yeah but it FCks wit them kidneys and stuff and its not that hard to hide it (I knew some people who did it.) Now HOOKAH........
Yeah lol

I don't drink it anymore; I never was really heavy into drinking it though because I choose life.

That stuff is what put DJ Screw Six Feet Deep.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:17 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,448,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
How does being signed to young money affect them repping their city??? Nicki Minaj still does rep Queens; so IDK where ya'll getting that from. The state of hip hop wasn't ruined by the south dude; it took the whole country to do that.

Anyways, Soulja Boy ain't sweating the low Album sales; he's collecting his royalties for writing Whip my Hair; As long as he stays writing simple ass songs for little kids; he'll never go broke again.

I also agree with many on here. Houston, Detroit, Chicago and New York have the realest rappers out there; as far as not faking the hood lifestyle. Drake is good, but his image is very contrived; he know damn well he came from a good home and his family got plenty money.

I like how Lupe and B.O.B stay true to themselves and never plays it up for the media; It just shows you don't need to act all gangsta and hood to be successful in the rap industry.
Now you KNOW damn well Soulja didn't write that lmfaoooo! He mad lame for that one. I'm sure he got A LITTLE cut for that "swag" reference. But not much to live off of.

Willow Smith Songwriter Disses Soulja Boy For Writing Claims - The Juice | Billboard.com

Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Now you KNOW damn well Soulja didn't write that lmfaoooo! He mad lame for that one. I'm sure he got A LITTLE cut for that "swag" reference. But not much to live off of.

Willow Smith Songwriter Disses Soulja Boy For Writing Claims - The Juice | Billboard.com
LOL.....I believed it.

The song was simple and corny; it had Soulja Boy swag all over it.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,391,825 times
Quote:

glad Im not the only one who notices this smh

you know he was my favorite artists for a LONG time. Lately I have just not been into his songs. BUT now I feel bamboozled! lol his little recent comments about darker women make me feel, as a brownskin chick, like damn I've been giving this *racial slur* my money and support and he says this ignorant ****! I want my money back! lol lost all respect for wayne

soulja boy- talentless
nuff said but you have to give it to him he made himself a millionare...can't hate on that

clubs songs.....but lyrically he has stepped up

ugh! he came to Detroit and was acting all type of sh**ty smh. Pumpfaking a** smh He must don't know Detroit guys don't give a **** about you being a celeb.....better ask the rappers who got they butts beat here lol

yes! Kanye after first album = watered down, generic trash

jayz- time to hang it up
past due

phony! smh

fabolous- underrated
welp you already know how I feel lol

Love him

don't listen to him

lol really??? Wiz is ok. stop talkin about weed so much he'd be better

don't even get me started.....fake Detroiter, closet racists

true, his swag is what keeps him on (love that he's always giving back too)

right and nicki barely paying attention to her

lol agreed....except the first part but she straight I did like her better before though

comments in red
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City