Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Top 3 Great Lakes Cities
Milwaukee 18 43.90%
Detroit 8 19.51%
Cleveland 11 26.83%
Buffalo 5 12.20%
Duluth 6 14.63%
Erie 2 4.88%
Chicago 32 78.05%
Green Bay 4 9.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 AM

276 posts, read 429,232 times

Advertisements

Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,183,730 times
Chicago Easy!

Old 01-06-2011, 07:16 AM

41,782 posts, read 74,806,151 times
I've never been to Duluth or Green Bay.

I'm partial to my hometown of Erie; it's a different kind of culture. I love Cleveland, too, as well as Milwaukee. Oh, hell, I like them all ...

Old 01-06-2011, 08:00 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,977,123 times
I had a few problems with this poll. For starters, which do you want to know, "Your Top 3 Great Lakes Cities" or "the best great lakes cities"?
You asked for both yet they are two different questions. Someone may feel Chicago is the best but not necessarily like it. Duluth may be their favorite but they may not feel it is the best.

Secondly, I understand keeping this U.S. only and not having Toronto as an option. This thread would probably just devolve into a Chicago vs. Toronto debate. But why no Toledo? It is larger and more prominent than Erie, Duluth, or Green Bay. And if you are going to have small cities, why not have Muskegon and Bay City, MI or Kenosha and Racine, WI?

All that being said; I voted for Chicago because it is clearly the best, and for my current and former hometowns, Detroit and Cleveland. These two need all the love they can get.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,195,399 times
Natural beauty - Buffalo
Attractions - Chicago
Restaurants - Chicago
Quality of Life - ?? Depends on how you quantify this. Chicago could be the best or worst in this depending on what you're looking for.
Weather - about the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Chicago shouldn't even be on this list. Revise the poll to omit Chicago and you'd get a better read on peoples opinions.
True. Although I think Toronto is better than Chicago overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Toronto not so much with the great lakes, Hrrm...Toronto can make a run for the nicest, safest and most diverse international city in North America. And it's really not a bad drive at all, I'm planning on going to the International Film Festival there this year.
I would agree. When used to live in the Cleveland/Akron area I would go there often. It's closer to Cleveland than any large US city of similar caliber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City