Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LA on NYC's level?
NO!! 141 83.93%
Yes 27 16.07%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:13 PM

430 posts, read 1,650,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRSSC View Post
The point is -- I don't care what you like. Nobody cares what you like. This thread has nothing to do with your personal opinions. It's about facts.
This thread, better yet this entire forum is based solely on opinions, everything you've said (even though I haven't seen you back up any of the reasoning on why it is "better") is an opinion, every vote on this, is an opinion. And you must care if you continue to post and yap about non-sense, Quit being silly.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:15 PM

35 posts, read 75,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
This thread, better yet this entire forum is based solely on opinions, everything you've said (even though I haven't seen you back up any of the reasoning on why it is "better") is an opinion, every vote on this, is an opinion. And you must care if you continue to post and yap about non-sense, Quit being silly.
So show me some statistics that prove LA is more important than NYC. Never in my life have I seen such a thing.

NYC being the dominant city is FACT. NYC being the more popular city is FACT. NYC has a much larger economy, NYC is far wealthier, NYC is visited more, NYC plays a far larger role in the world economy, NYC is corporate king while LA falls even below cities like Houston on that front, the wealth generated in NYC and sent to the Federal Government is unusually large for a city that accounts for such a tiny fraction of the United States populace, NYC is usually always "America's favorite city" - LA usually always at the bottom, "NYC" (stage lot, green screen visual effect or real thing) is the #1 city when it comes to film settings...the moviegoing audience must prefer looking at NYC scenery despite major studios being in Hollywood.

Everyone from the President to Ben Bernanke, to city-data posters to even heathens thousands of miles away like Osama Bin Laden and his culprits know NYC is far more important than LA.

There are vast amounts of statistics that can back me up. There is nothing you can produce that shows LA being the more important city.

Last edited by RRSSC; 01-12-2011 at 04:38 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 04:32 PM

430 posts, read 1,650,750 times
Quote:
So show me some statistics that prove LA is more important than NYC. Never in my life have I seen such a thing.

NYC being the dominant city is FACT. NYC being the more popular city is FACT. NYC has a much larger economy, NYC is far wealthier, NYC is visited more, NYC plays a far larger role in the world economy, NYC is corporate king while LA falls even below cities like Houston on that front, the wealth generated in NYC and sent to the Federal Government is unusually large for a city that accounts for such a tiny fraction of the United States populace, NYC is usually always "America's favorite city" - LA usually always at the bottom, "NYC" (stage lot, green screen visual effect or real thing) is the #1 city when it comes to film settings...the moviegoing audience must prefer looking at NYC scenery despite major studios being in Hollywood.

There are vast amounts of statistics that can back me up. There is nothing you can produce that shows LA being the more important city.
There are just too many things that factor in, NY is great at a lot of things that L.A isn't you are right, but you cannot take away that L.A is also better in a lot of different ways as well. It just depends on what is important to you.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:35 PM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
There are just too many things that factor in, NY is great at a lot of things that L.A isn't you are right, but you cannot take away that L.A is also better in a lot of different ways as well. It just depends on what is important to you.
Yea, but that's not what the thread is asking.

You should make a thread that asks "which do you personally prefer to live in: Los Angeles and New York City" so you can have a bunch of smarmy bastards come in and say "neither LOL!"

Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
What does public housing have to do with being a hellhole? When was public housing ever mentioned? I think poverty rates, unemployment and crime would be a better measurement of "hell hole", and LA's is a clear winner on all three counts.
You're just gonna ignore it's public housing problems, trash in the streets, long history of homelessness and drug abuse, rat problem, dirty subways, and the like. Even New Yorkers themselves take pride on how GRIMEY NYC is.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:50 PM

35 posts, read 75,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
You're just gonna ignore it's public housing problems, trash in the streets, long history of homelessness and drug abuse, rat problem, dirty subways, and the like. Even New Yorkers themselves take pride on how GRIMEY NYC is.
Oh trust me, most people would take walking over trash on the streets and walking into grimy subway stations than being poor and homeless or unemployed (or even gunned down). LA has a larger homeless presence than NYC. LA has a higher poverty rate than NYC. LA has more crime than NYC. Public housing would be a step-up for the homeless in LA. (Boston has even a higher % of public housing than NYC....Boston (just like London with the and Paris..look it up). They all must be a hellholes right? Wrong. They're all wonderful and more civilized than LA.

And while you're at it...explain these alleged "public housing problems" to me.

Save yourself the embarrassment keep your uneducated/ghetto opinions to yourself.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:08 PM

358 posts, read 755,019 times
Quote:
Oh trust me, most people would take walking over trash on the streets and walking into grimy subway stations than being poor and homeless or unemployed (or even gunned down). LA has a larger homeless presence than NYC. LA has a higher poverty rate than NYC. LA has more crime than NYC. Public housing would be a step-up for the homeless in LA. (Boston has even a higher % of public housing than NYC....Boston (just like London with the and Paris..look it up). They all must be a hellholes right? Wrong. They're all wonderful and more civilized than LA.

And while you're at it...explain these alleged "public housing problems" to me.

Save yourself the embarrassment keep your uneducated/ghetto opinions to yourself.
Without a doubt, disguised in your hatred towards LA, you are actually envious of it in ways even you don't understand. Think about it........

Old 01-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,560,868 times
No.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,560,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
LA is not on NYC's level... thread closed
Thank you, there is no explanation that can be made, a fact is a fact, LA is not on NYC's level end of discussion.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:20 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
voted for LA by mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City