Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Auburn, AL 12 32.43%
Eugene, OR 25 67.57%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,567,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
How about you enlighten me on what you consider the region for Columbus GA, because it damn sure isn't 600k unless you start throwing in Meriwether, Pike, Coweta, and Fayette counties into the mix, which again I say keep dreaming because they're an hours worth of a drive from Columbus, and the closest cities to the south of Columbus that even have any semblance of civilization are Eufaula AL and Albany GA, another half hour to an hours away from Columbus. I'd just like to know where you pulled the extra 100k worth of people to make up the Columbus GA CSA's population other than straight out of your ass.
Within a 30 mile radius of Columbus. I live here so I should know. How about you chill out for a minute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM

13,685 posts, read 15,583,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Then you might like these:

Advice for Auburn Fans going to Glendale.

# Overalls are not appropriate attire to wear to the game and most tractors won't fit in parking spaces at the stadium.

# When the doves are released during the pre-game ceremony, do not pull out your shotguns. It is "duck season," not dove season. In fact, leave your shotguns at home.

# You are not hunting real ducks. They are football players whose mascot is a duck. Refer to the rule above.

# When asked where you are from, do not reply, "LA."(Lower Alabama)

# If you go sightseeing at the Grand Canyon, do not test the air brakes on your truck by driving off a cliff.

# When discussing the stock market, do not refer to the place where cows are sold.

# If you go to the Glendale Aquarium, do not bring a cane pole or trot line.

If anybody has any Eugene jokes, feel free to add.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM

4,983 posts, read 9,048,731 times
People are so bias and ignrorant the majority went for Eugene because there is some sort of media ignorance toward Alabama.Eugene is not on the same level as Auburn in any metric !

Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
People from SEC Football teams travel very well for bowl games. Even regular games. When Alabama played UCLA a few years back in Pasadena half the stadium was from Alabama.

This game is probably so high priced b/c neither of these teams are usual "national championship" teams so the fans want to go, who knows when they'll ever get to again.
This.....

These teams won't be back to the national championship in our lifetime so they better enjoy it. We (Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Ohio State etc.) are the blue bloods of the sport....I guess we have to give the little guys a chance every few 100 years. Roll Tide and we will be back very soon. Go Ducks!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,561,882 times
I didn't realize that Auburn was an Ag university. That makes me like Auburn more. As a Michigan State fan, I like to root for the other ag universities.

That being said, I can't root for Cam Newton. So... Go Ducks!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 AM

4,983 posts, read 9,048,731 times
Well the tigers have done it again !!!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,956,698 times
Well guess what you Auburn haters? Auburn might be a "cow town" but they also have a National Championship, actually 2 of them now. Eugene has how many???????

Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well guess what you Auburn haters? Auburn might be a "cow town" but they also have a National Championship, actually 2 of them now. Eugene has how many???????
LOL....congrats on your second National Championship in the last 100 year of football. (1957 and 2010)

How many does the University of Alabama have again in the same time period? You better enjoy this championship because you won't see one again in your lifetime.

Roll Tide!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City