Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 06:12 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,725,858 times

Advertisements

I also couldn't live in:

Arlington, MA -Strange overnight parking laws
Sedona, AZ- Too much orange...I hate orange
Montpelier, VT-Too French sounding
Tulsa, OK- I never want to live in place that's just OK
Seattle, WA- Too close to Canada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 06:34 AM

Also:

Arlington, VA-Too close to DC
Washington, DC- Too close to Arlington, VA
Baltimore, MD- What, do you think you're a doctor? Talk about delusions of grandeur....Also, I don't want to be called a "Mary" for the rest of my life.
Jackson, MS- Maybe the whole state. Are you a river or are you a state? Choose 1!
Detroit- Seriously, Kid Rock? Are you ****ing serious?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 AM

171 posts, read 325,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I couldn't live in...

Hartford, CT- Route 91 runs through it and 91 is my unlucky number
Boise, ID- I love potatoes but I don't want to live near them
Tacoma, WA- I'm not sure where it is
Tucson, AZ- AZ sounds too much like ass...afraid I'll confuse them
Jacksonville, FL-Who moves to Florida to live in the northern part?
Mass sounds too much like ass too...

Old 04-13-2011, 07:29 AM

857 posts, read 1,365,640 times
Baltimore (although im there often to visit friends lol)- But the city is kinda dirty, I dont feel that safe often, its much slower than places up north which is what im used to..the people are really friendly though for the most part.

Cleveland (another place i vist every couple years or so for family) - My reasons are the same as baltimore

Detroit - Crime, and it just doesnt seem that interesting to me..i know there is a lot of music history there for motown..so i would love to visit for that reason.

umm..I think thats it for me..I could only think of 3 places that are for sure I would NEVER want to live.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleBrat View Post
Mass sounds too much like ass too...
Good point

Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 AM

A few more:

Revere, Ma- Name after Paul Revere. I hate Paul Revere. William Dawes did all of the work and Revere gets a poem and a city named after him. **** that!
Jacksonville, Fl- I always thought the Jacksons were overrated
Omaha, NE- I can't even get to the third syllable of that city without falling asleep...Omahzzzzzzzzzz....
Jackson County, MO- Not comfortable living in the Garden of Eden. I don't like snakes or conniving hippy chicks who give away "free" apples.
Casper, WY- How will I ever see it?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:59 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
1. Detroit = Dangerous
2. San Francisco = Too liberal. I know stupid thing to say, but I would never fit in there.
3. Los Angeles = Hollywood? No thanks bruh I'm good.
4. Berekley = I'm Pro-America. enough said.
5. Oakland = See Detroit.

4/5 are in California :O
It is possible to live in Los Angeles and have nothing to do with Hollywood. I live in the Los Angeles city limits and don't hang out with celebrities and I haven't been in Hollywood for many years.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:00 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,803,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor123 View Post
Would never live in:
1.Atlanta: combined Phoenix and Jacksonville
2.Phoenix:too hot; sprawl
3.Jacksonville: hot, hazy, humid and boring
4.St. Louis: going down with a lot of crime
5.Cleveland: mistake by the lake

Would love to live in:
1.Portland-green, scenic, liberal, extreme pride in itself
2.Fargo-growing steadily, AWESOME NAME, scenic like Alaska but closer to other major cities
3.Charlotte-growing fast, lots of oppurtunity, NASCAR history
4.NYC-fun, cultural, near home but not on LI
5.Philly-historic, lush, near Lanacaster County
Your reasons for not wanting to live in Atlanta or Phoenix (hot, humid, sprawl) are rampant in Charlotte - which is on your list of cities you would want to live in. Just thought I would point that out.

You can live in a city and easily not be in the sprawl. It's all about location. All of the cities on both lists are pretty sprawled out (except Fargo?)

Old 04-13-2011, 02:02 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
A few more:

Revere, Ma- Name after Paul Revere. I hate Paul Revere. William Dawes did all of the work and Revere gets a poem and a city named after him. **** that!
And a Beastie Boys song...But William Dawes is kind of hard to rap about.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,773,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post

Maybe if you let a senior rub you, both of your problems would be solved. Seriously, you need to look up the demographic of metropolitan Orlando before making such a statement. Better yet spend a few weeks living here and tell me then that you still believe your statement, then I'll leave you alone.
Fair enough, although I never said Orlando was overrun with the elderly...I just said I don't get along with them Clearly Orlando has a large population of retired folk, but I'm sure you can easily find areas where they aren't prevalent. Regardless, I've strongly disliked Orlando when I've visited but if you like it, more power to ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City