Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 02:22 AM

2,342 posts, read 3,989,552 times

Advertisements

Philly- lots of old geezers, the thick mustaches with lays chip crumbs stuck in them disgust me, cold, crime, not coastal, no beach, sports fans are out of control, lots of depressing decay, etc

St. Louis- old geezers, thick mustaches with miller light shades stuck on them, depressing decay, dirty, crime, no beach, no coast, etc.

Detroit- crime, depressing decay, old geezers, but at least on the border with Canada and surrounding area looks interesting.

New Orleans- ugly coastline, ugly city, white/black nothing else, crime, decay, filth, etc

Cleveland- cold, decay, old geezers, crime, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,972,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Philly- lots of old geezers, the thick mustaches with lays chip crumbs stuck in them disgust me, cold, crime, not coastal, no beach, sports fans are out of control, lots of depressing decay, etc

St. Louis- old geezers, thick mustaches with miller light shades stuck on them, depressing decay, dirty, crime, no beach, no coast, etc.

Detroit- crime, depressing decay, old geezers, but at least on the border with Canada and surrounding area looks interesting.

New Orleans- ugly coastline, ugly city, white/black nothing else, crime, decay, filth, etc

Cleveland- cold, decay, old geezers, crime, etc
Have you actually been to any of these cities?

Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Have you actually been to any of these cities?
Been to 4 of the 5. Haven't been to Detroit yet.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:14 AM

432 posts, read 609,964 times
Quote:
You haven't been to Philly. So give it up. Your first reasons weren't even true. Like thick mustaches with crumbs? Like huh? Wtf are you talking about? I don't ever hear anyone saying "I going to San Jose for vacation." Also the city is getting younger every year. And the decay is decreasing. But hey I wouldn't expect anything surprising from a kid in the bay who dislikes philly on city data. Nothing new

Old 12-16-2012, 10:15 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Detroit is not much for a tourist destination and knowing your preference in cities, you'll hate Detroit.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,972,699 times
Scrantix sounds like another snobbish Californian who can't find anything "good" outside of his own bankrupt state.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Scrantix sounds like another snobbish Californian who can't find anything "good" outside of his own bankrupt state.
It's name the 5 cities you would never live in. It's going to naturally attract a lot of negativity. Don't take it personally lol.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
So give it up. Your first reasons weren't even true. Like thick mustaches with crumbs? Like huh? Wtf are you talking about? I don't ever hear anyone saying "I going to San Jose for vacation." Also the city is getting younger every year. And the decay is decreasing. But hey I wouldn't expect anything surprising from a kid in the bay who dislikes philly on city data. Nothing new
LOL you sound like you have tears in your eyes. Calm down kiddo, you go into a thread to criticize a post when the thread asks 5 cities you wouldn't live in. LOL this guy is that insecure about Philly.

Philly is getting younger? LOL is that a joke, every city in the US is getting older and Philly is no exception. I'm not a supporter of newgeo but they have numbers to disprove you and so do the census bureau http://www.newgeography.com/content/...ng-the-fastest

Philly metro 1,012,720 <--- old geezer population over 62 years old according to the US census.

American FactFinder - Search

Click geographies, select MSA 2010. Click topics, under the people tab click age. Then press topic again and click "ACS 1 year results 2011" and then press view. LOL

Old 12-16-2012, 10:32 AM

432 posts, read 609,964 times
Quote:
LOL you sound like you have tears in your eyes. Calm down kiddo, you go into a thread to criticize a post when the thread asks 5 cities you wouldn't live in. LOL this guy is that insecure about Philly.

Philly is getting younger? LOL is that a joke, every city in the US is getting older and Philly is no exception. Philly 16.9% 1,012,720 <--- old geezer population over 62 years old.

American FactFinder - Search

Click geographies, select MSA 2010. Click topics, under the people tab click age. Then press topic again and click "ACS 1 year results 2011" and then press view. LOL
Kid I'm just saying its nothing new. People from the bay on this site have something against Philly. I've seen it before I even signed up. You guys are basically just trolls now. They're only a few good Bay posters the others are just philly haters. Guessing they're just butthurt they're in LA's shadow.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
Kid I'm just saying its nothing new. People from the bay on this site have something against Philly. I've seen it before I even signed up. You guys are basically just trolls now. They're only a few good Bay posters the others are just philly haters. Guessing they're just butthurt they're in LA's shadow.
I don't hate Philly at all, lots of nice things about it but you cant pay me to live there

btw, what is it with hockey towns full of guys with thick mustaches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City