Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 AM

395 posts, read 488,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
Boring can means different thing. It might be "boring to look at" or "not much to do" I have been to all 50 states, and have found things to do in all of them. But some clearly have more to do than others.

The top states that I have not found much to do that interested me are:

Delaware - Yes they have beaches, but so do lots of places. Other than that, not much to do in this small state

Idaho - Yes it is scenoc, but not much to do except ski or fish, which I don't do either

West Virginia - Lots of hills, but not that much to do. Love the people though
I never been to the other states you listed but wv is boring and ugly as **** or atleast the weirton/wheeling area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 02:31 AM

573 posts, read 1,049,733 times
North dakota is by far the most boring state I have ever been to.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:20 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,601,946 times
Quote:
Yes parts of Fl not by the water...plus its hotter, no ocean breeze. being landlocked sux. I will never live in a landlocked state ever again.
By your definition, every state is landlocked, including Hawaii. Hawaii has inland areas too.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:01 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,100,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Lots of opinions on this thread, but we must first ask the question "WHAT BORES YOU?" (or conversely what "floats your boat?").
I am bored by places with no night life. Others are happy and fulfilled with contemplating their navels or trimming their fingernails. To each, his own.
Agree with your statement.

Some people may find the wine country in sw michigan boring where as I find it serene and beautiful.
Some people may find the Great America full of thrills and excitement where I may find it hot and loud.

Each person has their own likes and dislikes.
Each state has a bit of fun and beauty for all and each state probably has a boring and dull are for some.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,324,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
The most boring looking states as a whole that I've been to are:

Mississippi
Louisiana
Michigan

The following are portions of states I've been to that look boring to me:

West Tennessee
Southern Alabama
North western Ohio
Northern Indiana
The Niagara/Buffalo region of New York (Other than the falls themselves)
Western Kentucky
The San-Antonio area of Texas

Since I am one of those rare folks who can be perfectly satisfied with nature and don't require constant electronic input I can't really base states off of "things to do". But I will say that for somebody who is very quiet like myself, Louisiana is dreadfully boring.
Hell no. Louisiana is the polar opposite of boring.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 AM

40 posts, read 57,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
The most boring looking states as a whole that I've been to are:

Mississippi
Louisiana
Michigan

The following are portions of states I've been to that look boring to me:

West Tennessee
Southern Alabama
North western Ohio
Northern Indiana
The Niagara/Buffalo region of New York (Other than the falls themselves)
Western Kentucky
The San-Antonio area of Texas

Since I am one of those rare folks who can be perfectly satisfied with nature and don't require constant electronic input I can't really base states off of "things to do". But I will say that for somebody who is very quiet like myself, Louisiana is dreadfully boring.

If Michigan is boring, then why do so many tourists visit ?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,194 times
The great plains I find monotonous. North Dakota is pretty dull. Kansas is worse. South Dakota has the Black Hills which are nice. Haven't been to Nebraska. Oklahoma is actually pretty interesting with forested hills in the east and strange looking mounds in the west. Texas has more varied scenery than you might expect. And the poster who said North Carolina was boring: are you serious? The Great Smoky Mountains, the hilly piedmont region, the Atlantic coast and outer banks, a number of decent mid-size cities, lots of college towns, etc., etc.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:09 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,586,260 times
Take your choice. Missouri, Virginia, Kansas, or Nebraska. I heard Texas is actually pretty boring too. Considering its two megacities are universally considered the most boring cities in the country, that's not surprising.

But I have a special hatred for Virginia. One of the most boring places in the world, and having the rudest and crappiest people doesn't help it much.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,098 times
Unequivocally, Florida.

If you don't like lot's and lot's of crime, cars and malls, yer outta luck ! A desolate, anti-cultural wasteland.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,152 times
I live in Northern California-Yes, the giant redwoods. I'm quite spoiled. Anyways, I just got back from a spontaneous 3 week road trip. In my honest opinion, I would say Kansas tops the list of the most boring. I stayed in Wichita and thought it was the creepiest town. It had this weird vibe to it and I had several awkward encounters with the locals. I just don't know what gave it an aura of creepiness.

I've noticed Oklahoma was a common choice. I thought Oklahoma was a little boring as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City