Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Diego vs Jacksonville
San Diego 41 73.21%
Jacksonville 15 26.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 01:41 PM

3 posts, read 5,898 times

Advertisements

I've been to both, Althoa it rains a lot, Jacksonville is just a nice place to see. All of the bridges crossing the St Johns River and the way the reflection of the lights bounce off the water at night. It doesn't have many skyscrapers because of all of the water that it has in the area, but the arrangement is a sight to see. Not to mention the warm, blue beaches! Don't get me wrong, I love San Diego, but Jacksonville is just a must see place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 08:24 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Now that I'm living in Jacksonville, I must say that I like JAX better overall. There's something about the vibe of this area that I like, although the culture is not too different from San Diego especially around the beach cities (especially Jax Beach). The nightlife/singles scene is pretty much the same. I also prefer the weather here as I don't mind the humidity and I love thunderstorms. The beaches are nicer here too. I love the fact that I was able to buy a beautiful condo in Ponte Vedra Beach (JAX's equivalent to La Jolla) for less than half of what I paid for my condo in Santee. But most of all, I like how its close to Georgia and culturally similar, so I can feel a lot more comfortable here, plus the fact that it's only a 5-6 hour drive to Atlanta and 2 to Savannah.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:52 AM

7,775 posts, read 10,154,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Now that I'm living in Jacksonville, I must say that I like JAX better overall. There's something about the vibe of this area that I like, although the culture is not too different from San Diego especially around the beach cities (especially Jax Beach). The nightlife/singles scene is pretty much the same. I also prefer the weather here as I don't mind the humidity and I love thunderstorms. The beaches are nicer here too. I love the fact that I was able to buy a beautiful condo in Ponte Vedra Beach (JAX's equivalent to La Jolla) for less than half of what I paid for my condo in Santee. But most of all, I like how its close to Georgia and culturally similar, so I can feel a lot more comfortable here, plus the fact that it's only a 5-6 hour drive to Atlanta and 2 to Savannah.
Blasphemy! But but..it's...Jacksonville!

Yeah, overall SD should probably win...but Jax has a lot going for it these days. I won't attempt to compare as I've only been to La Jolla twice and never SD proper.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:30 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,655,131 times
Oh my God in heaven--just when I thought I've seen it all on this forum, someone attempts to compare San Diego--America's Finest City--and Jacksonville--America's most pathetic excuse for a city after OKC.

Jacksonville is so horrible, it doesn't even hold a candle to San Diego--high violent crime rate, horribly humid for most of the year, rednecks and ghetto thugs abound, safe haven/hideout for shady/deviant/creepy/bizarre transients from the world over, no jobs/limited professional opportunity for educated professionals, trigger-happy locals, colder winters, very few safe/upscale suburban areas nearby, flat as a pancake, volatile weather (tornadoes, lightening storms, etc.), tons of smokers, pervasive Evangelical/Bible Belt mentality, hardly any organic/health food stores, mostly overweight/obese populace, lots of "Bubba talk," rude/nasty NY/NJ people who moved from the Northeast or South Florida for cheaper housing, etc. I could go on all day.

Please, spare me.

Last edited by 8to32characters; 04-13-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City