Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city propers will be surpassed by Dallas
San Diego 40 37.38%
San Antonio 19 17.76%
Philly 40 37.38%
Phoenix 17 15.89%
all 25 23.36%
none 24 22.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:08 AM

818 posts, read 1,388,018 times

Advertisements

Dallas's metro is growing faster than all the others, but can the city of Dallas surpass San Diego, San Antonio, Philly, and Phoenix in population? Why do you think it can or why not? IMO Dallas can surpass San Diego and Philly but questionable on Phoenix and San Antonio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 02:10 AM

617 posts, read 1,423,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Dallas's metro is growing faster than all the others, but can the city of Dallas surpass San Diego, San Antonio, Philly, and Phoenix in population? Why do you think it can or why not? IMO Dallas can surpass San Diego and Philly but questionable on Phoenix and San Antonio
Just when I was starting to like you you come and do this thread. I can see right through your threads and see your real intentions.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
Just when I was starting to like you you come and do this thread. I can see right through your threads and see your real intentions.
No I am not trying to do anything wrong here by asking this, I can assure you of that. Your taking my real intentions out of context, IMO

Even I think Dallas passing San Diego (if it hasn't already) is inevitable and passing Philly is not to distant in the future for Dallas. The real task is passing up what appears to be the faster growing Phoenix and San Antonio. Is it possible for Dallas? Can they annex or do they have room to do it?

Old 01-22-2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
No I am not trying to do anything wrong here by asking this, I promise. Your taking my real intentions out of context, IMO

Even I think Dallas passing San Diego (if it hasn't already) is inevitable and passing Philly is not to distant in the future for Dallas. The real task is passing up what appears to be the faster growing Phoenix and San Antonio. Is it possible for Dallas? Can they annex or do they have room to do it?
Well I apologize for jumping to conclusions, as far as PHX goes I really don't see the city becoming that much bigger due to water scarcity. SA is a toss up because Dallas and SA both offer affordable living and they're both in the same state, Philly is expensive to live but at the same time its proximity to NYC will help it grow more in the future but I still see Dallas giving it a run for its money if the economy does not improve. SD is a no brainer, I think Dallas will very soon or already has passed it, with the shape in which CA is in its a done deal.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
Well I apologize for jumping to conclusions, as far as PHX goes I really don't see the city becoming that much bigger due to water scarcity. SA is a toss up because Dallas and SA both offer affordable living and they're both in the same state, Philly is expensive to live but at the same time its proximity to NYC will help it grow more in the future but I still see Dallas giving it a run for its money if the economy does not improve. SD is a no brainer, I think Dallas will very soon or already has passed it, with the shape in which CA is in its a done deal.
I saw a thread that had the newest estimates and it looked like Dallas jumped ahead of San Diego. I just looked at the censuses and it seems like Dallas was ahead of San Antonio but it overtook Dallas and continues to distance itself from Dallas. Philly is growing again but it cant keep up with the sunbelt growth of Dallas and San Antonio, IMO and passing Philly is inevitable. There is limited land area where Philly can develop, IMO.

Surpassing Phoenix depends on Arizona's position on its laws and economy and how important the role of water will become and IMO Phoenix will stop growing as it seems inevitable

I can pin Dallas for San Diego, Philly, and Phoenix but San Antonio is the challenge for Dallas

Old 01-22-2011, 02:41 AM

Quote:
I saw a thread that had the newest estimates and it looked like Dallas jumped ahead of San Diego. I just looked at the censuses and it seems like Dallas was ahead of San Antonio but it overtook Dallas and continues to distance itself from Dallas. Philly is growing again but it cant keep up with the sunbelt growth of Dallas and San Antonio, IMO and passing Philly is inevitable. There is limited land area where Philly can develop, IMO.

Surpassing Phoenix depends on Arizona's position on its laws and economy and how important the role of water will become and IMO Phoenix will stop growing as it seems inevitable

I can pin Dallas for San Diego, Philly, and Phoenix but San Antonio is the challenge for Dallas
Yes SA will probably remain the 2nd city of TX but its metro population is underwhelming for the size of the city, that can change though.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:50 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,371,023 times
SD and Philly yes, Phoenix and SA certainly not

Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
SD and Philly yes, Phoenix and SA certainly not
Phoenix will run out of water if it keeps growing, its in the desert with limited water supply

Old 01-22-2011, 04:07 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,371,023 times
Quote:
Phoenix will run out of water if it keeps growing, its in the desert with limited water supply
No, technology evolved you know : desalination
It's a very very old argument.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:44 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,602,739 times
Dallas has already passed San Diego. Philadelphia is next and that won't take to long. I do not think Dallas(city) will ever catch San Antonio or Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City