Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area overall offers more?
Bay Area 80 28.07%
NYC 184 64.56%
Tie 21 7.37%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:03 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,171,887 times

Advertisements

#206 Correction: it's not craziness or a joke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 02:11 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,171,887 times
San Jose is a better city than New York because of its crime rate, healthy living, high tech industry, nice downtown, which New York doesn't, natural scenery, family entertainment, and it's always beating New York on best cities lists like the most patent awarded, clean city, most livable, lowest crime, most fun, best place for business, most social, best city for women and men, and I can go and on. New York doesn't do well on best cities lists. San Jose is a superior city according to Dallas paper 4 four years ago. Google it, and you might find it. San Jose has more accolades than New York. Forget comparing with the Bay Area. New York is just too boring and too undesirable to compete with the rest of the Bay Area.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:06 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
San Jose is a better city than New York because of its crime rate, healthy living, high tech industry, nice downtown, which New York doesn't, natural scenery, family entertainment, and it's always beating New York on best cities lists like the most patent awarded, clean city, most livable, lowest crime, most fun, best place for business, most social, best city for women and men, and I can go and on. New York doesn't do well on best cities lists. San Jose is a superior city according to Dallas paper 4 four years ago. Google it, and you might find it. San Jose has more accolades than New York. Forget comparing with the Bay Area. New York is just too boring and too undesirable to compete with the rest of the Bay Area.
Judging from your post, San Jose also has the most potent crack in the nation.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:22 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overunder12 View Post
Philly, Boston, and DC are not equal to San Francisco in terms of urbanity. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I think DC is just a hair behind - but Boston/Philly/SF is splitting hairs in terms of urbanity

Old 01-24-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I could always a CA vs NY thread and lets see who's making that argument now lol.

If the most important component of an area is who makes up its population then population should matter more than land area. SF gets compared to cities like Philly all the time and I don't see anyone playing the land area card there despite that SF's all of 47 square miles and Philly's 4 and a half times larger than that. I don't see the superiority argument being argued there.

four and a half?????

I think 2.5 times is more appropriate, in the core 50 miles they are roughly equivelent in population if you reduced Philly - to me very similar actually, far more similar in size and scale and feel than to NYC, this from someone who has lived in all three

Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
So living within driving distance of NYC means you live in NYC? Interesting.

And no, I'm pretty sure NJ people root for NJ teams and PA people root for PA teams. and if you're going to use that line of reasoning then Santa Cruz County should be added to the bay because most of them root for SF/Oakland teams. I don't see your point

Actually NJ is mostly split - North Jersey generally roots NYC teams and South Jersey genrally roots for Philly teams - there is some grey in the middle where there are rooting interests for both

Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBay-NowDCarea View Post
Sorry Nineties Flave, but Philly loses a lot of population to NYC metro and even DC Baltimore metro. The best guidance would be to use circumference metro population to prove the point.

I've seen circumference population before, does anyone have a link to show Flavaflay?

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...opulation.html

Old 01-24-2011, 03:42 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
I do not think NYC is better than CA, just NorCal. NYC has everything SF Bay Area has and more, its just too bad you felt so scared of a real comparison and left it as city to metro. Are we really that "hella" good for you?
Naw "duke," you're just having "mad" trouble trying to use our slang correctly, "dun."

Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
NYC is superior to all of NorCal, not just SF Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
NYC is better than SF Bay area, and the whole california state
Oh yeah?? Well SF is better than NYC, NY State, the entire Northeast, Canada, the Atlantic Ocean, the Arctic Circle, the Northern Hemisphere, the lost city of Atlantis, Mars and Jupiter! Twin Peaks $hits ALL OVER the moon, and the southeastern third of downtown SF is better, bigger, stronger, prettier and awesomer than all of Manhattan and downtown BK combined!!

Have I mastered your dialect now, Homer and Homette?

Old 01-24-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
Let me sum it up: San Jose, alone, can take on the New York Metro area, and New York area has nothing on San Jose. I'm not even talking about the whole Bay Area. San Jose kills Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs with its hills, downtown, weather(hell, it's frigid in the rotten apple), Santana Row, world's largest flea market and the food is way superior to New York. How could you guys even contemplate taking on the Bay Area when you can't even take on Dt. San Jose, and it's craziness or joke. Just check out San Jose, and you New Yorkers will be creamed. No comparison.

LOL wooooowww smh. Just smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City