Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 AM

52 posts, read 137,495 times

Advertisements

Which cities that you think is underated for there nightlife has the most complete nightlife? I'm talking about clubs, lounges, live music, and bars. for an older crowd and college crowd. The most things to do for family as well as adult also. Centralized or several areas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 AM

80 posts, read 302,113 times
Why is this "night life" thing so important to cities? I could never understand to be honest.
What's the percentage of people, even for 18-35, frequent night clubs, bars and lounges on a weekly basis or more? I don't think it is a crucial factor in deciding whether a city is interesting or livable, and I don't think it is considered "important" for more than 10% of any city's residents.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,487,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evissone View Post
Why is this "night life" thing so important to cities? I could never understand to be honest.
What's the percentage of people, even for 18-35, frequent night clubs, bars and lounges on a weekly basis or more? I don't think it is a crucial factor in deciding whether a city is interesting or livable, and I don't think it is considered "important" for more than 10% of any city's residents.
For people who like to go out on weekends, its very important.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,665,395 times
Just about any large city other than NYC, Miami, LA, Chicago is much less discussed in this regard.

I like to have options and for me at this point good restaurants are equally if not more important

Old 05-26-2011, 12:53 PM

80 posts, read 302,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
For people who like to go out on weekends, its very important.
Yes for them, but the percentage?
It is like saying having a zoo with lions in town is very important because some people like to see lions on a regular basis.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:59 PM

10 posts, read 7,154 times
Branson, Missouri is very underrated by the libs...

Old 05-26-2011, 01:10 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,083,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evissone View Post
Yes for them, but the percentage?
It is like saying having a zoo with lions in town is very important because some people like to see lions on a regular basis.
No, it's like saying outdoor amenities are important. Your analogy is more like someone looking for cities with swingers groups because they love to "swing."

New Orleans fits in this category. Most people just think of Bourbon but theres much more varied entertainment options. Plus City Park is twice as large as Central Park.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:15 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,936,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativeAmericanGuy View Post
Branson, Missouri is very underrated by the libs...
Except for the ironic value, Most liberals (or anyone with good taste - and that includes conservatives) have no desire to go there.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:28 AM

9,331 posts, read 9,185,202 times
For large cities, i would say philadelphia for a long time was underrated, but recently it has been overcoming that and i think it will continue to, baltimore as well i think is still very underrated.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:09 AM

91,948 posts, read 122,044,192 times
I'd say the Buffalo and Albany areas, as both have spots that are open until 4 AM, but there are things for families in both areas as well.

Buffalobarfly - Buffalo's Source for nightlife & entertainment
Buffalo, NY Attractions and Family Fun Activities - Visit Buffalo Niagara
Culinary Buffalo - Visit Buffalo Niagara
WNY Family Magazine Home Page
Artvoice: Buffalo's #1 Newsweekly

Albany Nightlife - Pubs, Clubs, Bars & Things To Do In Albany NY
Albany NY Nightlife Directory of Restaurants, Bars, Entertainment, Bands, Hotels
Metroland
Saratoga Springs Nightlife and Restaurants in Upstate New York
Find things to do for kids & families in Schenectady, Albany, & Troy. — Capital District Fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City